Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Astral Rag

Arcane
The aesthetic in this game is... Some of the worst bubblegum bullshit I have seen in years.
I agree with Legion

bRKnCDR9ubNJ.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

:what:
This guy's sister?
0000003811.1920x1080.jpg

Man the Unreal series declined so hard after UT99.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
2003/2004 wasn't a bad game but yeah, the original was much better visually

abija

Prophet
His screenshots don't really prove his own point either. We are much, much better at detection motion than fine background details. And in arena shooters no one ever stands without moving because of the map control elements. So situations like his screenshots, where you'd have to look for a small 3d char that takes some effort to be distinguished from the wall never happen.
That's why it's been played for such a long time with almost no detail textures and super visible models.
And not like I put a screenshot of a spot where you sometimes sit waiting for that armor or delaying the timer. Someone sitting in that spot NEVER happens.

If you need character silhouettes because you feel it's an effort to distinguish players in games like Quake 3, you've got brain damage buddy, get it checked out because not being able to lock onto moving objects is the exception, not the norm. Alternatively you could just kill yourself or at least avoid reproducing as you're clearly a defective individual.
Got it, another guy that shot some bots or played some ffa and "knows" Q3 or action fps in general.

Gerrard

Arcane
Wow, you're such a cyber athlete. If you need ""high visibility" garbage to play well then you are a shitter and should consider suicide.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Original UT actually had very high visibility when it came to characters. Many player models had stripes of color over them which were almost toxic compared to backgrounds on map. Maps in UT had fairly drab palettes or dim lighting. When you were dueling against someone with your shock rifle or some other weapon it was easy to see them. Remember those white skinned dudes and gals with flashy armor?
In team matches, there were red and blue teams, and everyone had bright spots of their team color over their uniforms.
One other thing was that 99% of weapons in UT were projectile based or had some tracing effect, and/or splash damage, so aside from sniper rifle you could just shoot into enemy direction and hit, and it was easy to trace enemy when he shot weapons with these effects.

...it doesn't make Overwatch visual style less shit however. These cartoony blizzard dolls over pastoral cartoony landscapes, I'd love to twist their little necks and see them snap.
They could probably get better visibility by putting cartoony characters over more realistic and darker levels instead of making them fight in blooming sakura gardens.

oni8.jpg

The aesthetic in this game is... Some of the worst bubblegum bullshit I have seen in years.
I agree with Legion

bRKnCDR9ubNJ.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

I just want to vomit when I look at this character

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fixed retail costs -- the bane of huehue's everywhere.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Indeed. It's specially ridiculous considering the other Blizzard stuff has adjusted prices.

Legacy of the Void - $39.99 -> R$99.90
Legion - $49.99 -> R$129.00
Overwatch - $59.99 -> R$249.99

w0t

it does lend credibility to the theory that they want to milk this retail as much as possible then go F2P.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A 2 liter bottle o' coke is around $1 in the US. 'datz crazy!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Playing overwatch should be a bannable offense. What a piece of shit game. It screams kiddie CoD shoota with TF elements n other stupid shit.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The trailer doesn't even make sense because the heroes are fighting... each other... not any generic bad guys.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The trailer doesn't even make sense because the heroes are fighting... each other... not any generic bad guys.
Maybe those that made the trailer are separate company that is thinking that overwatch is still a mmo game ?

So when Blizzard went full anime ?

0/10 for me and I don't need to play it to confirm this.

That trailer looks about 1M shittier than WoW.

It's not even at the level of anime, right now it looks like "My Little Pony."

This decline is actually far worse than what Bethesda did to mangle the Fallout IP.

If I were a member of Blizzard's executive management, I would shutdown all operations of the team that shit this one out, give each and every one the pink slip, and sell all current assets to Runic Games so they can make their Fisher-Price ARPG's.

All profits would go to revamping the Diablo IP and to keep the company from embarassing itself further... This IS NOT the quality that the Blizzard brand is know for!

Blizzard said:
Overwatch has been optimized for Windows XP and will take full advantage of DirectX 9.0c

The visuals are about equal to Pixar's Toy Story #1.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom