Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
i-f9kGfPF-2100x20000.jpg
I think I will stick with the reliable Builders League United for moving my payloads ;)

Gerrard

Arcane
http://blizzard.gamespress.com/OVERWATCH-IS-A-GLOBAL-HIT-WITH-7-MILLION-PLAYERSAND-COUNTING
IRVINE, Calif.—June 2 , 2016—The world needs heroes, and citizens from London to Xi’an to Rio de Janeiro are rising to the occasion to join the ranks of Overwatch®! Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed team shooter launched worldwide on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Windows PC on May 24, and since then more than 7 million players have fought for the future in Overwatch, logging more than 119 million hours combined in one of the most successful global game launches of all time—and the battle is just getting started.*

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ye Lucio is insane anyway, shame on console you see no one even riding a single wall with Lucio, because with default controls you can't jump without letting go of right thumbstick, which means no aiming.

Tribal Sarah

Arbiter
I never wall ride with Lucio on console, too much hassle. Other thing I noticed is Torbjon is insanely overpowered on console compared to pc. Don't know why, but all I do is stick my turret on the payload, crouch down to repair and instant win. Tried doing the same on my pc and got blasted almost every time. Yesterday on the PS4 I put my turret in the middle of the objective on London Row, the other side couldn't get onto it because it was destroying anyone who came near. It can't be that every console player sucks, so I guess it has to be a balance issue.

DDZ

Patron
It's indeed because console players suck, plus PC players have had the chance to play the game a lot more.

I wallride with Lucio on PS4, no one expects it so they don't know what to do. I find myself also often picking Tjobodwarf on defense if my team is shit, because I can almost solo the game then.

Gerrard

Arcane
Lucio's wallride shenanigans look great until you realize they have no practical use and you're being a useless piece of shit not actually supporting your team because you're too far/out of sight.

Other thing I noticed is Torbjon is insanely overpowered on console compared to pc.
And it already does less damage and has a lock-on delay on console.

Last edited:

DDZ

Patron
Lucio's wallride shenanigans look great until you realize they have no practical use and you're being a useless piece of shit not actually supporting your team because you're too far/out of sight.

You are an idiot, you can get to places super fast and unseen, you can escape a shitload of bad situations, and on certain maps you can support your team without even being noticed by the enemy team, like in Lijang Tower where you can just skate around in the rafters.

Also Lucion's range is HUGE, if you have LoS you are healing them 99% of the time.

DDZ

Patron
And 30 meters is a long ass way on most maps.

And yeah, it is usefull to be mr spy, get behind enemies and knock a reinhardt forward so the enemy team is exposed? No problem for a good Lucio.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

I need to master Genji.

My MMR is at the point were that never works, I don't remember the last time I killed a widow with E. But that's also because you can 1 shot her close range so there really is no need.

If you play Genji and don't do this start doing it. I am on the fence if it is a bug or not since there are many more animation canceling techniques (melee right after reloading with Reaper to drastically cut down on the reload animation).

i've been hearing a lot of people talking about this, i'm not interested because it's a measly arena shooter after all but i went to check and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD 60 EUROS ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?!
60 euros for a game with almost no content and whose fun have to come from the skill and kindness of other human beings? yeah, right.

Revenant

The game is 40 euros. 40. Not 60. €60 is for the "origins" edition that features skins or some other shit. It's funny how the Blizzard shop immediately links to the deluxe edition, and the regular edition in their shop even lacks Tracer on its icon, showing obvious attempts to mislead people into thinking that the "origins" edition is the only one available.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Yeah, must be working out p. good for them - spontaneous buyers get the 60 eurobuck version, more attentive ones buy the 40 one and RPGCodex spergs about the 60 one even when they had no intention to buy it in the first place.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Doom 4 is also in the same price range and it will last you for eight hours max. People still bought, played and enjoyed it so why not Overwatch.

The game is 40 euros. 40. Not 60. €60 is for the "origins" edition that features skins or some other shit. It's funny how the Blizzard shop immediately links to the deluxe edition, and the regular edition in their shop even lacks Tracer on its icon, showing obvious attempts to mislead people into thinking that the "origins" edition is the only one available.
then fuck off to them twice for scamming people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom