Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

flyingjohn

Arcane
How fucking petty do you have to be to be upset Palworld exists?
Reddit hates it because it is spamming their "useful" frontpage.
Nintendo fans hate it because they think GameFreak owns the copyright to Wolves and Shells.
AI fanatics hate it because everything to them is AI generated art.
Trannies hate it because they are Nintendo/Pokémon Fanboys.
Chan hates it because they are just zoomies pretending to be edgy while hating and loving everything trannies endorse.
Chinese hate it because it is Japanese.

Everybody else (including the Codex) doesn't give a shit.

As far as I can tell its pure busywork, punch rocks and trees, craft things, defend yourself from random attacks, but with the added advantage of you can delegate all of that to a motley assortment of animals you accumulate, so basically the end goal of the game is to not play the game.
Eh it's like most other survival games, you're not expected to stand there looking at the food pile up. The end goal is to eventually set up a comfortable base so you can experiment with things that aren't finding a berry to deal with imminent starvation from starting out naked in the woods. For example, in Minecraft

1. Get wood
  2. Create a crafting table
  3. Create a wooden pickaxe
  4. Get cobblestone
  5. Create stone tools
  6. Get wool
  7. Create a bed
  8. Create a furnace
  9. Smelt logs for charcoal
  10. Get food
  11. Cook food
  12. Get Coal
  13. Get iron
  14. Create iron tools
  15. Find first base location (cave, small house, etc.)
  16. Create chests
  17. Dig mineshaft to Y=11
  18. Mine ore (focus on iron)
  19. Create iron armor
  20. Create wheat farm
  21. Create sugarcane farm
  22. Pen cows (harvest food and leather)
  23. Pen chickens (harvest food and feathers)
  24. Pen sheep (harvest food and wool)
  25. Mine ore (focus on redstone, lapis and diamond)
  26. Create diamond tools
  27. Create diamond armor
  28. Enchantment table
  29. Enchant tools
  30. Enchant armor
  31. Nether portal
  32. Small nether base
  33. Get quartz and glowstone
  34. Find Nether Fortress
  35. Get netherwart
  36. Build blaze XP farm
  37. Build more crop farms
  38. Automate potions
  39. Automate crop farms
  40. Dye farm
  41. Max enchantments
  42. Harvest wither skulls and soul sand
  43. Build and kill wither for nether star
  44. Build beacon
  45. Find end portal
  46. Destroy ender dragon shields
  47. Kill ender dragon
  48. Harvest ender dragon egg
  49. Create enderman farm
  50. Find end city
  51. Get shulker boxes
  52. Get elytra

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Nintendo fans hate it because they think GameFreak owns the copyright to Wolves and Shells.
Chan hates it because they are just zoomies pretending to be edgy while hating and loving everything trannies endorse.

It's weird, I've never seen such a huge contradiction in online response to people who are actually playing it. The hate is so prominent and it's over a fucking ARK with a different art style for the wild life. It's so funny as fuck to me.

Iucounu

Educated

It's weird, I've never seen such a huge contradiction in online response to people who are actually playing it. The hate is so prominent and it's over a fucking ARK with a different art style for the wild life. It's so funny as fuck to me.
Could it be that the "haters" are shills? All publicity is good publicity.

Artyoan

Prophet
As far as I can tell its pure busywork, punch rocks and trees, craft things, defend yourself from random attacks, but with the added advantage of you can delegate all of that to a motley assortment of animals you accumulate, so basically the end goal of the game is to not play the game.
I would say the goal is to get your Pals to automate the bases while the player directly engages in collecting all the Pals available and beating the bosses. This has a lot of similarities to Conan Exiles, which I enjoyed, but the Pals make it much more lively than the enslaved thralls did, and are more self sufficient with how bases can be constructed. Raids on my base are more entertaining as all my Pals fight the oncoming horde, then go back to work. They might get pissed off and randomly take a break. Or go to sleep while they should be working. There is some character there, and you can name the Pals if you want to provide more.

Exploration feels decent with collectable items that do actually help me rather than just increase numbers. I can put a saddle on a wolf and ride it, use a fire fox as a flame thrower, find eggs to hatch, find items that increase my percentage to catch, treasures with gold/keys, rare chests that require those keys.

The art clash doesn't bother me that much as it seems similar to a lot of jrpgs. The light cartoonish tone to the characters while the world is more realistic.

So yes, it is a lot of busy work. But so is any survival crafting game. This just has a good mix, a good foundation, and a cheap price.

Edit: So far the one thing I'm having to get in large quantities is Ore for Iron Ingots. Which I don't know if there is an infinite node I can build for Pals to mine it themselves. Haven't looked. But just killing or capturing pals as I go has gotten me plenty of other rare material. Only the Iron is really bottlenecking me much at all.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Edit: So far the one thing I'm having to get in large quantities is Ore for Iron Ingots. Which I don't know if there is an infinite node I can build for Pals to mine it themselves. Haven't looked. But just killing or capturing pals as I go has gotten me plenty of other rare material. Only the Iron is really bottlenecking me much at all.
You're about where I am progression wise. I assume you're starting to dip into the dungeons too? The weight limit spoils the fun a little, especially when your pals don't store their in-base harvesting and you pick up 500 rocks and can't move any more.

Artyoan

Prophet
You're about where I am progression wise. I assume you're starting to dip into the dungeons too? The weight limit spoils the fun a little, especially when your pals don't store their in-base harvesting and you pick up 500 rocks and can't move any more.
I've put points in to carry 650 for weight. It would be better if they made being overweight just walking slowly instead of dropping off quickly to the point that the player can't move. There is a Pal that can increase carry weight by 100 as a passive, though I don't use it. My points have been in HP, stamina, and carry weight at about a 1/1/1 ratio. Two points into increased work rate. Haven't increased attack at all yet.

I have done two dungeons which are about what I expected. They do give the ancient sparkplug parts or whatever they're called, and one more point to learn crafts. So definitely worth doing. I've gotten some rare Pals from there too. Still have yet to die but I'm not fighting anything above my level either.

I did the first tower boss and that was entertaining. My Pals did most of the work. Found vendors to spend gold at. Now I'm just roaming the lands looking for whatever I find. Still low level Pals mostly.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I've put points in to carry 650 for weight. It would be better if they made being overweight just walking slowly instead of dropping off quickly to the point that the player can't move. There is a Pal that can increase carry weight by 100 as a passive, though I don't use it. My points have been in HP, stamina, and carry weight at about a 1/1/1 ratio. Two points into increased work rate. Haven't increased attack at all yet.

I have done two dungeons which are about what I expected. They do give the ancient sparkplug parts or whatever they're called, and one more point to learn crafts. So definitely worth doing. I've gotten some rare Pals from there too. Still have yet to die but I'm not fighting anything above my level either.

I did the first tower boss and that was entertaining. My Pals did most of the work. Found vendors to spend gold at. Now I'm just roaming the lands looking for whatever I find. Still low level Pals mostly.
Your pals do so much damage it barely seems wort hattacking if you're not trying to capture. Getting a good ride on is better than your primitive weapons IMO.

I've died to some of the meaner level 10-15 stuff and I died to the first boss when I went in severely underpowered since I found it before I even had armour.

Capture rates are a pain in the arse. They need to smooth the curve a bit instead of stacking it all at near dead due to the way the games combat works. Repairing stuff is annoying. I think you need to craft a kit and use resources at the repair table? Should just be the repair table and resources.

Artyoan

Prophet

Your pals do so much damage it barely seems wort hattacking if you're not trying to capture. Getting a good ride on is better than your primitive weapons IMO.

I've died to some of the meaner level 10-15 stuff and I died to the first boss when I went in severely underpowered since I found it before I even had armour.

Capture rates are a pain in the arse. They need to smooth the curve a bit instead of stacking it all at near dead due to the way the games combat works. Repairing stuff is annoying. I think you need to craft a kit and use resources at the repair table? Should just be the repair table and resources.
Capture rates are odd. Gotta get them very low, so I keep a weak spear around to lower their health as much as possible and I remove my Pal from battle so he doesn't kill them. I can now craft the better green balls for better crafting odds but those require one iron ingot each.

I've only needed to repair one structure so far with the repair kits. Pals seemed to repair walls and other things. Don't know if they were using the kits. I've only had one raid where the enemy even reached my buildings though. A group of hardline Pal abolitionists who got slaughtered by my Pals.

If you're just repairing armor/weapons only then it is just the table and resources. But that is also draining my iron ingots. So iron is definitely the issue so far. Would be better to make repairs cost nothing like Valheim does. Otherwise I'd be purely exploring and just checking in to see which pals are stuck in pathing.

One other minor complaint is that all food has expiration timers. There is a cooler that can be made to elongate the time greatly. But a Pal has to be constantly freezing it to work. I made both day and night longer in the custom server settings, which means Pals sleep longer if I'm out at night. Which means stuff in the cooler spoils more. Would be better to let a Pal freeze it and it stays cool til morning or something. But food is very plentiful so not that big of an issue. I can make bread with jelly on it easily which upkeeps all the sanity on my Pals easy enough. I've got over a thousand berries and can make eggs if I need them.

SlamDunk

Arcane
First thing that came into my mind:

1e1bud.jpg

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
If you're just repairing armor/weapons only then it is just the table and resources. But that is also draining my iron ingots. So iron is definitely the issue so far. Would be better to make repairs cost nothing like Valheim does. Otherwise I'd be purely exploring and just checking in to see which pals are stuck in pathing.
For some reason it's not working for me. I press X to confirm and it doesn't repair. Is it a different button?

I don't even have fences up. My pals wreck anything coming in and I built by the lake right under the starting point so there's only 1 way enemies can come in and all they can hit is my farm or the hut I put my bed in.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated

I support this game just because it makes so many people butthurt.

I'm pretty sure some of the designs are AI generated. It's really easy to see "AI make me a pikachu tiger" and getting the Pikachu thing. I have no issue with it, it's a design tool and if it makes a fun game then all the better.
1705939264577749.png

Really laughed at this part:
"Americans sometimes want to make very ugly characters"
Sounds like Pal world was made like old school devs did. Bunch of tards meet up and learn as they go. Pretty cool.

Interesting to see the tranny shit is purely for the American audience. I wonder how that question came up.
New protip just dropped, can play Pokemon without mod now:
1705943454535586.jpg
Such a brutal but funny comment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom