Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Palworld - basically pro slavery Pokemon game - now available on Early Access

Artyoan

Prophet
If you're just repairing armor/weapons only then it is just the table and resources. But that is also draining my iron ingots. So iron is definitely the issue so far. Would be better to make repairs cost nothing like Valheim does. Otherwise I'd be purely exploring and just checking in to see which pals are stuck in pathing.
For some reason it's not working for me. I press X to confirm and it doesn't repair. Is it a different button?

I don't even have fences up. My pals wreck anything coming in and I built by the lake right under the starting point so there's only 1 way enemies can come in and all they can hit is my farm or the hut I put my bed in.
I'm using a controller for now and to repair it requires selecting it first, then pressing the start button as well to actually initiate the repair. There is no progress button and seems to take a couple seconds to actually repair it. So likely two buttons. One to select and another to do the repair itself.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
If you're just repairing armor/weapons only then it is just the table and resources. But that is also draining my iron ingots. So iron is definitely the issue so far. Would be better to make repairs cost nothing like Valheim does. Otherwise I'd be purely exploring and just checking in to see which pals are stuck in pathing.
For some reason it's not working for me. I press X to confirm and it doesn't repair. Is it a different button?

I don't even have fences up. My pals wreck anything coming in and I built by the lake right under the starting point so there's only 1 way enemies can come in and all they can hit is my farm or the hut I put my bed in.
I'm using a controller for now and to repair it requires selecting it first, then pressing the start button as well to actually initiate the repair. There is no progress button and seems to take a couple seconds to actually repair it. So likely two buttons. One to select and another to do the repair itself.
Thank you. That is extremely helpful. When you push X it flashes the icon but doesn't actually repair and the button icon is a bit squished on it.

Dr1f7

Scholar
another game catering to the ssethfag crowd
hey hey hey people, sseth here
*image of black man pop up on screen*

i want to tell you all about my new favorite game, palworld... [. blah blah blah..., some reference to japan ww2 war crimes, another picture of black man in military garb (this is very funny), more rambling, dumb nasal voice..] and you can even capture PEOPLE
*everyone laughs*

Caim

Arcane
1705939264577749.png

Really laughed at this part:
"Americans sometimes want to make very ugly characters"
Imagine developing your game like an actual goddamn clown and making over a hundred million dollars with it.

Viata

Arcane
Sounds like Pal world was made like old school devs did. Bunch of tards meet up and learn as they go. Pretty cool.
There are some "lies" there. The 10k was just from dev's founder, the total was spent 1 billion yen. It's also not their first game, as they already have another game on steam: craftopia
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307550/Craftopia/
That guy probably weird misunderstood things or translated wrong.

Black

Arcane
I have no interest in this game but seeing it reach top popularity and sales so fast to the horror of talentless westoid hacks, like that naughty dog faggot, is great.
the total was spent 1 billion yen.
So ~$2500?

Beastro

Arcane
1705939264577749.png

Really laughed at this part:
"Americans sometimes want to make very ugly characters"

Makes me want this to succeed if inky because this is the closest to a breakthrough game made in the old 80s style of development that I've seen in a long while.

And the guns can't help but bring to mind Barkley 2.

Sounds like Pal world was made like old school devs did. Bunch of tards meet up and learn as they go. Pretty cool.
There are some "lies" there. The 10k was just from dev's founder, the total was spent 1 billion yen. It's also not their first game, as they already have another game on steam: craftopia
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1307550/Craftopia/
That guy probably weird misunderstood things or translated wrong.
I remember seeing this game being streamed for all of a single day, then dropped like a sack of potatoes. Frankly, it didn't interest me.
I have no interest in this game but seeing it reach top popularity and sales so fast to the horror of talentless westoid hacks, like that naughty dog faggot, is great.
the total was spent 1 billion yen.
So ~$2500?
As for Palworld, I will withhold my opinion on it until I get the game myself or watch it go beyond early access, whichever comes first.

Modron

Arcane
Surprising that they actually used body types rather than M/F, more so because they're Japs.
There are probably more Japanese games with body type than western at this point, especially among bigger industry releases and not indie affairs.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
The weapon harnesses need to last longer. They do insane damage but they don't feel very good to use because it's so short. The trailers made it look like you could hop on and it was a built in part of the gameplay not temporary.

Sigh. Body types.

Good game so far...but that just annoys me.
Surprising that they actually used body types rather than M/F, more so because they're Japs.
Try reading the thread. It's explained on this very page. They were trying to get the American audience and Americans like "ugly characters" so they added the tranny body type options to fit that. Same reason Swampert has a shotgun now.

There are probably more Japanese games with body type than western at this point, especially among bigger industry releases and not indie affairs.
The faggots have inserted themselves into adviser positions and get to add poz to games like this. They're talentless faggots and always end up in "market research" style jobs where they can lie their way into influencing skilled men.

Mauman

Scholar
The weapon harnesses need to last longer. They do insane damage but they don't feel very good to use because it's so short. The trailers made it look like you could hop on and it was a built in part of the gameplay not temporary.

Sigh. Body types.

Try reading the thread. It's explained on this very page. They were trying to get the American audience and Americans like "ugly characters" so they added the tranny body type options to fit that. Same reason Swampert has a shotgun now.

The faggots have inserted themselves into adviser positions and get to add poz to games like this. They're talentless faggots and always end up in "market research" style jobs where they can lie their way into influencing skilled men.
I look forward to the day that A.I. can replace "localizers".

Anyways, hopefully a mod shows up for this sooner than later.

Sigh. Body types.

I look forward to the day that A.I. can replace "localizers".

Anyways, hopefully a mod shows up for this sooner than later.
That day could come sooner than you think. All of them sperg hard over AI, and only the mediocre do that.

Black

Arcane
GEgXc5nacAAnrgZ

6 mil? In 4 days? With only 2 platforms? Seems very suspicious, the math just doesn't check out. And see what the Red Cross has to say about it.

flyingjohn

Arcane
For anybody wondering why this thing is a success:
-Copies survival/crafting gameplay loop which is popular
-Has monster design similar to Pokemon which is popular without the "boring" gameplay that most people associate Pokemon with.
-The monsters are integrated into the world compared to Pokemon where most monsters are just lurking in grass or are stuck in your box.
-Coop
-Actually is runnable on laptops/shit gpu's compared to AAA stuff
-Cheap to buy

They ripped off the most successful ideas while giving people what they have been asking for years. A Pokémon crafting game where the monsters are actually used in said gameplay parts. The only shocking thing is how Gamefreak,Level5,Square and Capcom never figured this out.

Last edited:

NorwegianWolf

Educated
If you think about it, RPGs with companions are also pro-slavery.
Your companions in Planescape Torment or Fallout New Vegas join you to dedicate 100% of their life to helping you with your tasks. When you temporarily don't need them, they just patiently remain in one place, thirsty for your attention, waiting for a new slave task. Fallout 4 even made the slavery angle better, because it made it clear that any person you recruit is equal to a dog. And you ponder whether you want to take Dogmeat with you or Paladin Danse.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
That day could come sooner than you think. All of them sperg hard over AI, and only the mediocre do that.
Being an asshole and trying to disrupt your replacement only gets you replaced faster. A smart voice actor for example would be learning to train their own AI voice model and figuring out the optimal noises and words to say to get good generations. Then when AI takes over they can market themselves as an "AI voice input expert" and get hired in the new field while all the whiners get left behind by the new tech.
For anybody wondering why this thing is a success:
-Copies survival/crafting gameplay loop which is popular
-Has monster design similar to Pokemon which is popular without the "boring" gameplay that most people associate Pokemon with.
-The monsters are integrated into the world compared to Pokemon where most monsters are just lurking in grass or are stuck in your box.
-Coop
-Actually is runnable on laptops/shit gpu's compared to AAA stuff
-Cheap to buy

They ripped off the most successful ideas while giving people what they have been asking for years. A Pokémon crafting game where the monsters are actually used in said gameplay parts. The only shocking thing is how Gamefreak,Level5,Square and Capcom never figured this out.
You hit the nail on the head. I'd also add they make exploration enjoyable because BOTW's movement is fundamentally fun and there are lots of loot containers in various forms laying around.

I hope they improve the egg hatching. Right now it pops up the dex entry in the corner. Which feels underwhelming as you don't even see your new mon. Doesn't need to be a full long animation but show the new mon you got without needing to use a menu please.

01-22-2024-135856.png

Naughty Dog dev is mad too.
The fuck does he/she/it mean with "nefariously"?
The same thing people mean when they argue you're "arguing in bad faith" when you disagree with them. A nebulous word with no actual meaning because they can't respond to or understand why you think that way. The only reason someone could use pokemon like creatures in a survival game is cause.. well they're evil okay? They're evil to like pokemon and survival games!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom