Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pantheon - (Brad "EQ" McQuaid's new MMO)

LizardWizard

Cipher
Whatever happened to this game?
It is still going same as ever, Brad was just like a creative consultant, there is someone else as the lead designer and a other designers, a management team, etc. It is good, and they have funding. Monthly videos of beta testers and streamers playing it and updates:

https://pantheonmmo.com/news/latest_news/#february2020

Is taking its sweet time though. I am glad it wont be rushed out unfinished but I think the release date of "late 2020 to early 2021" is probably going to be the latter.

You really think this shit-show would have gotten any legitimate funding without Brad?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
No and I never suggested it would... But he was just an ideas guy, it is fine without him. And why would you call it a shit-show? Give me something specific, I know you can't.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
He said it himself.... He was the CEO with his previous game and he mismanaged it and it failed. So this time he set the company up with other people in management and other people are the designers. He was the Chief Creative Officer. Lead designer is Chris Perkins. I knew you wouldn't give me anything specific, sad boy.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Yeah a failed kickstarter, troubled and slow development that only went forward due to Brad securing angel investors with the little reputation he had left

You're delusional if you think this game isn't going to end up dead just like Brad

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Why would it die? You can see videos of people playing it right now and enjoying it. Lots of people are desperate to play it.

LizardWizard

Cipher
The investors Brad secured aren't going to stick around with this snail-paced money burning development. The pledges trickling in won't be enough to sustain anything near Brad's imagined scope of the game. A sizable chunk of those big money supporters/pledges are oldfag whales that actually played early Everquest and Brad tapping out of this life isn't invoking any kind of confidence or enthusiasm moving forwards.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
So they are gonna cut off the funding and lose everything they put into it so far? Cool story bro.

Old Hans

Arcane
So they are gonna cut off the funding and lose everything they put into it so far? Cool story bro.
they have hundreds of hours of pre recorded Brad McQuaid sales pitches for potential investors. Most people probably dont even know he died

Old Hans

Arcane
they have hundreds of hours of pre recorded Brad McQuaid sales pitches for potential investors. Most people probably dont even know he died

All you're doing here is making yourself look like a fucking idiot.

im sorry your crappy MMORPG is never going to see the light of day. Looks like its back to EQ for you

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
What makes you think it is not going to see the light of day? And have you even seen the dozens of hours of video of people playing it right now?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Cause was never released. But his nephew said he was in bed playing with MTG cards and died that night and there were signs he tried to get out of bed. Sounds like a heart attack. Very sad. I was watching new videos of this game yesterday, it looks amazing.

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
So did Brad:
a) Run his car in the garage, asphyxiating himself on Carbon Monoxide.
b) Overdose on a combo of Xanax and Fentanyl.
c) Put a shotgun in his mouth and pull the trigger with his toe.
d) Hang himself with multiple cords from his leftover keyboards.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
He had a heart attack. Probably from all the years of drug use. A family member said he looked like he was trying to get to a phone when he was found but didn't make it

Mordru

Educated
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
He had a heart attack. Probably from all the years of drug use. A family member said he looked like he was trying to get to a phone when he was found but didn't make it

I guess I called it wrong. Because he was relatively young, I assumed he offed himself after realizing that Pantheon would never be finished. Fuck you Chris Roberts for clouding my judgement vs indie MMO's that have been in development for 6+ years with no beta....

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Pantheon will be fine. It is just a super slow journey because they didn't have AAA budget at the start so they went years doing stuff with a tiny team and no money. Since they secured good funding it has been really growing. But it takes a long time to make such a big game, and without deep pockets it takes even longer. But we'll get it probably next year. Only concern to me is how good it is. A lot of us have been desperate for a new EQ for 20 years, but now that we are finally getting one I'm not so sure it will be worth it. But from the bits I've read up about so far, I think they have a shot of making this really good and it becoming popular.

I don't think his drug use was that serious but he had some issue with something, might have been painkillers. Just a few years of that can weaken your heart and I think that is what has happened :( Very sad but I feel positive about the game.

https://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_june_intro/

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm not sure if I'm more sad that the last two notifications I got from this thread were reminders that Brad died or that they weren't some good news about the game. This is the only MMO that I have any hope for at all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom