Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Path of Exile II - isometric souls with loot (beta coming late 2024)

Hate to use Dark Souls as a comparison but for lack of a better reference... Watch the official walkthrough and some of the streamed ExileCon gameplay for yourself. It's different for sure.

Oh, the slower paced gameplay definitely looks more appealing to me. Also, that earth elemental attack (@14:56) looks cool.

ADL

Prophet
But what about Diablo 4? I mean that's what us PoE fans really care about. Can we defeat Diablo 4? D4 is not my father or god, or my boss.
It's already dead if the gameplay is truly representative of the campaign and the endgame is slowed down by about 500%. They straight up called out D4's builder/spender class design trash and anti-fun. They're on track to deliver something truly special from everything I've seen/heard today.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But what about Diablo 4? I mean that's what us PoE fans really care about. Can we defeat Diablo 4? D4 is not my father or god, or my boss.
It's already dead if the gameplay is truly representative of the campaign and the endgame is slowed down by about 500%. They straight up called out D4's builder/spender class design trash and anti-fun. They're on track to deliver something truly special from everything I've seen/heard today.
I agree 100%. D4 is truly done for, and a year from now the PoE2 beta will come swoon the last of the remaining D4 players, and PoE will basically become Connor Macleod at the end of Highlander. There is NOTHING Blizzard can do in the next 365 days to counter the second coming of Christ that is PoE2 beta. We got 'em right where we want 'em!

ADL

Prophet
^This but unironically. I think it's pretty safe to ignore D4 until it gets its first expansion but I'll happily eat my words on that if Blizzard performs a miracle and Season 2 or 3 is shockingly amazing.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'll happily eat my words on that if Blizzard performs a miracle and Season 2 or 3 is shockingly amazing.
You traitor piece of crap. D4 MUST fail if we are to have any hope of winning this war. Blizzard must fail on every single update. Then and only then can us PoEians truly claim dominance. It's super important. How dare those assholes who invented this entire subgenre have any success. They must fail!

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I'll happily eat my words on that if Blizzard performs a miracle and Season 2 or 3 is shockingly amazing.
You traitor piece of crap. D4 MUST fail if we are to have any hope of winning this war. Blizzard must fail on every single update. Then and only then can us PoEians truly claim dominance. It's super important. How dare those assholes who invented this entire subgenre have any success. They must fail!

GO POST IN THE FUCKING DIABLO4 THREAD THEN FAGGOT.

It's remarkable, all these dipshits believed DIABLO 4 is going to be something special but they don't post in the DIABLO thread. They come to the POE thread to talk about it. Mind blowing.

King Crispy do your fucking job dude.

hycMFJt.png

Israfael

Arcane
https://files.catbox.moe/v3uxmp.mp4

Pretty sums up the whole stream. I have 0 expectations, it seems they want to go for that sweet blizzdrone money with uber-slow game pace, flashy animations, no movement skills, shoehorned specs (support gems basically mean nothing but skill flavour now also you can't use arbitrary combinations of supports and primaries) and nerfed flasks. I wonder if they understand that this 'taktikul' gameplay gets stale after finishing campaign and doing one or two bosses, PoE/old Diablo games were never about tactics, it was always about mowing down packs of mobs and efficient farming of bosses.

Perkel

Arcane
poe2 seems to be getting mighty good.

Good that they split game. Zoomers can play POE1 while they can work ok POE2 from "clean" slate with new base. Don't like it ? Fuck off to poe1.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Guess 2 will be the hardcore vision and 1 will be more zoomy.

Don’t put too much into a presentation. Not only is it designed with suboptimal gear and setups, it’s deliberately slowed down for demonstration purposes. Jonathan said as much in the interview.
It was even slower when Ziz played but they barely gave any supports to that character. On the other hand during skills presentation they talked about poe2 not having that many damage supports and that you will be using other kind of supports as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Guess 2 will be the hardcore vision and 1 will be more zoomy.

Don’t put too much into a presentation. Not only is it designed with suboptimal gear and setups, it’s deliberately slowed down for demonstration purposes. Jonathan said as much in the interview.
It was even slower when Ziz played but they barely gave any supports to that character. On the other hand during skills presentation they talked about poe2 not having that many damage supports and that you will be using other kind of supports as well.

It will definitely be slower than #1 but it won't be near as slow as the footage we've seen with ultragimped characters

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

Pretty sums up the whole stream. I have 0 expectations, it seems they want to go for that sweet blizzdrone money with uber-slow game pace, flashy animations, no movement skills, shoehorned specs (support gems basically mean nothing but skill flavour now also you can't use arbitrary combinations of supports and primaries) and nerfed flasks. I wonder if they understand that this 'taktikul' gameplay gets stale after finishing campaign and doing one or two bosses, PoE/old Diablo games were never about tactics, it was always about mowing down packs of mobs and efficient farming of bosses.
D2 was not a zoomer game unless you consider skipping all packs with Enigma and just killing boss zooming.
Old POE was basically what PoE2 as shown was except more clunky and no dodge button.
A lot of us fell in love with PoE at that time and wanted it back (no Ruthless was not that).
You will still have new PoE1 seasons for your zoomer addiction.

fuzz

Liturgist
Nearly the same time has passed from Diablo II release to Path of Exile closed beta, as from Path of Exile closed beta to today (shy of one year). It's awesome that with this release, GGG gets to iterate on their own past design/tech - just as they were expanding on D2 with PoE. Can't wait for the panel with Blizzard North.
The weapon swap with the passive tree swap will make early pathing less awkward, especially on meele. Nice solution of seperating mana from auras. Animation rigs on new models still beast as in 2019. As always it's been hilarious reading softcore and Xbox era players takes.

Israfael

Arcane
D2 was not a zoomer game unless you consider skipping all packs with Enigma and just killing boss zooming.
Yeah, javazon says hi as well as FRW hammerdin. Totally not 'zoomer'. No one forces you to spam flicker strike / fire dash / shield bash etc in PoE 3.x, you can play to your heart's liking. Here they seem to intend to force you to use this anti-ARPG dash roll as if it's a DS game and not a PoE1 successor.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, javazon says hi as well as FRW hammerdin. Totally not 'zoomer'. No one forces you to spam flicker strike / fire dash / shield bash etc in PoE 3.x, you can play to your heart's liking. Here they seem to intend to force you to use this anti-ARPG dash roll as if it's a DS game and not a PoE1 successor.
It was taken from Lost Ark and then D4. And PoE1 has such skills for years now, they just cost a gem slot and had a cooldown.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

That lead dev seems like a class A goober. Wish Crate would stop screwing around with their Banished clone and make another ARPG already, the genre needs a lot more competition. Last Epoch still has a long road ahead if it wants to be anything more than :2/5:.

ArchAngel

Arcane

That lead dev seems like a class A goober. Wish Crate would stop screwing around with their Banished clone and make another ARPG already, the genre needs a lot more competition. Last Epoch still has a long road ahead if it wants to be anything more than :2/5:.
Last Epoch seems like a decent competitor to PoE1 but not PoE2.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Separate game. Doesn't matter when it comes out. I'd rather GGG takes their time instead of deliver whatever D4 is.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Separate game. Doesn't matter when it comes out. I'd rather GGG takes their time instead of deliver whatever D4 is.
Diablo 4 has nothing going for it but a decent art style. And PoE2 already has that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom