Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You fought all of them already? It's been like 48 hours since the league released.
Sums up the player base in a nutshell.

I have only started mapping yesterday!
I'm only in act6 :M

I hear with the new bosses you get to retry them every map if you die. I might actually aim to kill them if that's the case.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Act 9 with my bowyer gladiator, going slow mostly because I'm bored and want to experience new lines from Duelist. Probably drop the game for good till PoE 2.0 after hitting some maps.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Did you even play self cast recently? No cast speed from arcane surge, no cast speed from support gems. Getting it from gear is a joke.

I played to the "karui shores" I wasn't sure I'm seeing well and uninstalled.
It is decent enough. I like to play different characters, they don't always need to be best ones. And I did play self cast for a while now, last 3 leagues. Last league I did Ignite Elementalist, league before that I did EoW + hydrasphere Occultist and league before that Arc+unleash Elementalist.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
So if I go ballista, what's your opinion on this choice:
- Hiero Templar?
- Ele Witch? (guess this is the current meta with explosive arrow?)
- Dead?aye! or Raider Ranger?

Perspective: SSF. Lazy. Prefer not so squishy builds.

* My current guess is that the Deadeye is the most squishy variant. That match up? Raider at least got good speed.
* With aegis, I guess ele witch may not be too squishy, also a bit more lazy because I don't have to worry about aegis skills?
* Hiero Templar is pretty robust, but I already did that 2 leagues ago. :/

(I kinda already ruled out the fat guy)

In case anyone cares, I'll try some kind of Ballista Raider build. Not decided on the skill yet, Explosive Arrow is tempting of course, but... yeah. Everyone does that. :negative:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Synthesis maps are pretty good money atm. 25-30c per map, usually getting out with ~1ex in bases, not counting potential boss drops or raw currency drops. Got +1 PCharge ring and +1 Frenzy Shield today, might use the ring myself, sold the shield for 14ex.

Doing these maps made me realize how much I loathe the regular mapping experience these days. Mapping in PoE feels like going through an amusement park with a shitton of attractions, only a handful of which actually interest you, but because you paid for the ticket, you might as well stay the entire day and do them all.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You fought all of them already? It's been like 48 hours since the league released.
Sums up the player base in a nutshell.

I have only started mapping yesterday!
I'm only in act6 :M

I hear with the new bosses you get to retry them every map if you die. I might actually aim to kill them if that's the case.
IMO they are very doable. Think white Elder or Awakener 0 or a low level Catarina.

Doing these maps made me realize how much I loathe the regular mapping experience these days. Mapping in PoE feels like going through an amusement park with a shitton of attractions, only a handful of which actually interest you, but because you paid for the ticket, you might as well stay the entire day and do them all.
Why are you still playing?

T. Reich

Arcane

Skinner's box, you passive-aggressive fucko.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I went for the harbinger nodes out of some insanity, it's actually paid off fairly well, had 2 ex from ex shards and a ton of other currency just from regular mapping.

I feel a bit like Charlie Sheen in a high end brothel with the new atlas passives, so much choice.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I went for the harbinger nodes out of some insanity, it's actually paid off fairly well, had 2 ex from ex shards and a ton of other currency just from regular mapping.
But is it worth waiting 3 secs between harbinger waves? That's like 6 seconds of waiting every harbinger.

Do the different shards stack properly now at least?

I agree the atlas passives seem very cool, can't wait to reach end game! I was gonna go for shrines, but going through campaign reminded me that most shrines are lightning or shock nova, and those are just dull. Now I'm considering other stuff. The niko node that gives +1% ele res cap per sulphite node (and some other boons) taken seems really good if you can trigger it for various bosses (or megajuiced archnemeses). Just the map progression stuff seems real nice.

ArchAngel

Arcane
But is it worth waiting 3 secs between harbinger waves? That's like 6 seconds of waiting every harbinger.

I agree the atlas passives seem very cool, can't wait to reach end game! I was gonna go for shrines, but going through campaign reminded me that most shrines are lightning or shock nova, and those are just dull. Now I'm considering other stuff. The niko node that gives +1% ele res cap per sulphite node (and some other boons) taken seems really good if you can trigger it for various bosses (or megajuiced archnemeses). Just the map progression stuff seems real nice.
Point of Shrines is extra enemies which means more loot.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Point of Shrines is extra enemies which means more loot.
I can see how you would have that opinion, but I'd rather spec my passives for fun.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

I tested the Shrines. They are quite fun. I didn't have a Blunderbore, but I did use the Gull. Makes the Shrine last very long. Syncretism is the big star IMO since it adds an RNG layer to the shrines that make them much more enjoyable. Any shrine you click now can give you Acceleration. It's a good choice for early t14+ mapping to help you out on your weaker character. But in terms of loot it doesn't give much.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

You still seem to get multiple stacks of the same type of shards drop, but I only tend to grab the valuable ones anyway.

The node that causes shards to sometimes drop as full orbs has triggered for me quite a few times. Not had a full ex or anything from it yet, but certainly given me quite a few chaos.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Cause PoE is still the best game in the genre when it comes to building unique characters, progressing your character from struggling in red-maps to clearing the Feared simultaneously in less than 20 seconds via a multitude of different progression systems, and the bosses are still very good and manage to hold up to more modern aRPGs boss-design. It's just the regular mapping experience that is dull and not very enjoyable, unless you purposefully ignore over half the content.

Max Damage

Savant
Did they ever fix the horrendous desync? I remember kinda enjoying the game, but always online and desync made me drop it.

is summoner necromancer viable? i was thinking about giving another spin but don't want to suffer a subpar build, i want to breeze through it because i'm an entitled gamer.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
is summoner necromancer viable? i was thinking about giving another spin but don't want to suffer a subpar build, i want to breeze through it because i'm an entitled gamer.

Absolutely fine. Summoner is off meta this league but that just means cheaper items.

Also just did the Searing Exarch. Went in blind with zero idea what I was doing and died a few times but still had 2 portals left when I killed him. Pretty straightforward boss, but punishes you if you don't dodge. Pretty usual POE boss stuff.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
always has been
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds
currently 19% and being no1, no wonder since Mage skeletons is quite popular. Played it myself even though I'm not much into those builds.
Give him some armor and block (with HP on block) for survivability.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
So if I go ballista, what's your opinion on this choice:
- Hiero Templar?
- Ele Witch? (guess this is the current meta with explosive arrow?)
- Dead?aye! or Raider Ranger?

Perspective: SSF. Lazy. Prefer not so squishy builds.

* My current guess is that the Deadeye is the most squishy variant. That match up? Raider at least got good speed.
* With aegis, I guess ele witch may not be too squishy, also a bit more lazy because I don't have to worry about aegis skills?
* Hiero Templar is pretty robust, but I already did that 2 leagues ago. :/

(I kinda already ruled out the fat guy)

In case anyone cares, I'll try some kind of Ballista Raider build. Not decided on the skill yet, Explosive Arrow is tempting of course, but... yeah. Everyone does that. :negative:

I'm in trade with raider balista, decided to make it a bit different didn't get ancestral bond or go up on tree into fire nodes, I got thread of hope on right side to get Master fletcher and king of hill, 6-link quill and kaom's and it's ready for t16 albeit damage feels bit low.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You've asked if summoner necromancer is viable, in the linked site you can see it being top popular build, which means it is viable, otherwise it wouldn't be popular.
In a game where running around is p. important (to not get swarmed or get hit by ground effect or what other nasty surprises GGG prepared for us) that's not surprsising...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom