Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

tritosine2k

Erudite
Leveling with monke was OP AF. Low key hype for MoM revival.

Perkel

Arcane
I just don't get why they couldn't just put the +2 minion level on the Tree instead of simply deleting it. That way you could have actually enabled more minion builds that don't rely on the Necromancer Ascendancy. They did it with Ghost Dance and Wicked Ward.

Minions was the build I would always recommend to new players. Now I'll have to tell them to play Seismic instead. This shit isn't going to diversify the meta, it's going to calcify it instead.

Because they already stated that they want for necromancers to be more dependent on gear.

Moving it to tree would be just switching hay for grass. Different but the same effectively.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
FZv7jr1aMAAgomC.jpg

FZrZfPlakAErLID.jpg

FZq4T_oaMAAdw2t.jpg

FZmQL5aaMAAo8kB.jpg

FZgdcAkaMAAEVnV.jpg

FZWJxazagAAwQBs.jpg

Some of the buffed uniques.

The Bronn's Lithe could enable actual Shield Charge or Frostblink Ignite mapping builds, but it's probably still not enough to feel good.

The new Cloak of Flame is strong. If the league mechanic is good for early unique drops, I might actually do a hardcore run. The cloak might also enable some new Chieftain builds.

The Mokou's Embrace is pretty nice for caster leveling. I just need to find a way to reliably ignite myself before level 63.

The new Bitterdream is still a meme. More damage but also have fun trying to cast anything with the mana cost of a 9-link. Maybe some Squire builds will use it.

New Vaal Caresses look useful. Could pump your Vaal Flame Blast with this for early league mapping to supplement your Vortex Ignite build on bosses. Can also pump your Grace and Haste very high. The only issue is no suppression, as with all of these.

Victario's are interesting. If the mods on the Quicksilver also get transferred over to minions, it could be strong. But then you're cucked by the movespeed. It's also worse if you were using it on your Anime Guardian, since he can't use flasks.

The lackluster changes in the Manifesto and the promise of more substantial ones in the full patch notes have made the community restless. We even have drama now because somebody suggested the subreddit dedicated to builds should filter their index better. Some "toxic positivity" youtube cucks felt attacked, probably because they make their living off of polishing up mediocre builds and shill them to people who just don't know any better.

New Div Cards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3293089/page/1

Might actually get a Squire in SSF now. The others are okay. A card that returns a phys reflect map. People love to throw away money, I guess. The Mageblood one is going to generate some clips in the future. That's a "close your eyes" moment, while turning it in. CIP card is going to be useful early league, if it is actually farmable.

Because they already stated that they want for necromancers to be more dependent on gear.

Moving it to tree would be just switching hay for grass. Different but the same effectively.
That nerf specifically was targeted at Necromancer as the dominant minion Ascendancy, not at minion builds being gear independent. Speaking of which: the most popular minion build already needed a specific unique jewel and body armour combo. Not to speak of all the giga helmets people always chase after.

Perkel

Arcane
That nerf specifically was targeted at Necromancer as the dominant minion Ascendancy, not at minion builds being gear independent. Speaking of which: the most popular minion build already needed a specific unique jewel and body armour combo. Not to speak of all the giga helmets people always chase after.

That was literally the point. To reduce effect of ascendancy/skilltree/gemlevel and make it more gear dependent. The issue with necromancers like i stated was that with 0 gear investement you can get to mid tier maps. Literally playing on automode doing so much damage in campaign that everything melted.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
God, you're such a stupid nigger, Perkel. I write "they nerfed it cuz the ascendancy was the dominant choice, not because of itemization" you write "precisely! they wanted to make it more gear dependent!".

No viable league starter build needs gear to clear the campaign. You suck at the game.

vota DC

Augur

That was literally the point. To reduce effect of ascendancy/skilltree/gemlevel and make it more gear dependent. The issue with necromancers like i stated was that with 0 gear investement you can get to mid tier maps. Literally playing on automode doing so much damage in campaign that everything melted.
It changes only that you grind full sets on low level map to obtain chaos orbs and buy those items in the market.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
New ways to ruin your good items, more endgame content that will never drop.
Less unique drops for SSF. Random shock gems that probably won't work on bosses.

Less rare monsters seems good. Harvestcrafting now fully deterministic?

Something about exalted orbs that might matter in trade but I doubt it.

Peachcurl

Cipher
With the buff to minion-based ailments, does that mean there'd be some promising minion builds utilizing infernal legion in this league? edit: Ah wait... that's one of those "no hit" skills.

Perkel

Arcane
Path of Exile 2 beta start on 2023 exilecon in june.
Didn't he say it would be playable on exilecon (it was playable on exilecon 2 years ago as well), and that they'd announce the release date of the real beta on this exilecon?

No he said beta on exilecon 2023. I don't expect that we will get full game in this beta. It will be probably like POE1 beta where you had like 2 acts. Just last year he said they finished second act and they were doing 3rd out of 7 which is not a lot considering they time they have been working on it.

Either way Diablo 4 will release also in 2023. I full expect D4 to take away shitload of their traffic.
They probably didn't expect D4 coming so early. GGG stated many times POE2 will compete with D4 and other next gen arpgs.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Changes to Divine / Exalt metamods and values or uses
We are making two changes that will impact this. Firstly, we are changing the cost of crafting metamods so that they cost Divine Orbs rather than Exalted Orbs.
you what
The whole change was interesting until this line. What a letdown...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's gonna be interesting as Divines will become super super rare. There are no longer any vendor recipes for them and there are hardly any div cards that award divines (1 I believe?)

Exalted will probably drop down to 15-20c value sort of level. Divines will be 200c+ likely.

Divines will become the new gold standard for currency conversion most likely.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Exalted will probably drop down to 15-20c value sort of level.
You really think they'll drop from like 70 to 20?
I'd expect not, but what do I know. For sure divines will go from being kinda worthless to very expensive.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I suggest the following measures to keep the Exalted (E) value at 70 C:

- Force all traders to convert at least 80% of their earned currency into E.
- Force all players to convert at least 80% of their found currency into E.
- Ban trades where other currency is bought with E.
- Vaguely promise to pay out points for the microtransaction shop for each E.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Exalt slam is needed because harvest aug craft is Oshabi drop(?) , map mod affects harvest, good luck with tier4 fights lol.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
League looks fantastic. Interesting lore again. I have to admit, I didn't think we would meet the actual Kalandra. Kind of underwhelmed that she's merely a bird lady. Maybe it's only her reflection or some shit and the real one is still out there and is more powerful and significant. The mechanic looks great as well. Lots of potential complexity but without the management hassle of Synthesis.

Gigantic changes. A new era of Divines as the dominant currency begins. SSF is fucked. No more well rolled uniques, unless you get extremely lucky. No more metacrafting your shit into 5-6 mod rares. It's great! Seismic finally nerfed. It's probably still playable, but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody anymore. Too bad so many other builds got caught in the collateral damage. Spectral Helix still fine though, lmao.

New Trickster looks fucking sick. I'm definitely making one this league. There is so much shit that hinders or slows you down in this game now. It's going to feel amazing to be able to just ignore all of that. With the changes to Suppression the right side of tree is in a much better position now.

New Unique design looks very strong. Now you'll actually be picking them up and id-ing them. Even the low level ones. Speaking of which, all the low level uniques look super strong. I won't have to farm for Hollow Palm jewel anymore. As soon as you have a set of uniques for each slot, you'll get an easy sub 4 hours campaign on your second+ char.

Harvest, omg. They did exactly what I wanted for so long now. Fuck all the top-end crafters. This change is a giant qol improvement.

Playing the game will feel a lot different now at all stages.

With the buff to minion-based ailments, does that mean there'd be some promising minion builds utilizing infernal legion in this league? edit: Ah wait... that's one of those "no hit" skills.
Those changes will help stuff like Herald of Agony or poison Anime Weapon builds more. Infernal Legion was mostly used to enable Minion Instability.

I full expect D4 to take away shitload of their traffic.
For an entire 3 weeks. Then all the tryhards who run out of content in D4 will try out PoE/PoE2 Beta and will never look back. Just like it happened after the D3 launch. Blizzard has the marketing dollars and the brand recognition, but they simply can't into good game design anymore. Nor do they care about their players.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No more well rolled uniques, unless you get extremely lucky.

It's for sure going to make unique pricing interesting on trade. Might actually make it cheaper to get some builds started if poorly rolled expensive uniques get cheaper.

Getting max rolled expensive uniques though is for sure gonna be a lot harder.

tritosine2k

Erudite
They say harvest aug is Oshabi drop now, but it was so rare anyhow I found exactly 1 aug craft in 2 weeks and that was when I bought a harvest implicit T12 map for 4c, guy even quit the game when I pm'd him the stuff I found :lol: like "unrequited love" 10 min earlier.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom