Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
wanted to do hex build but then this new venom gyre looks cool...
It looked really shit to me, even GGGs cheat character can't clear screens with it.
Still going to do it because honestly a 4-link was fine for RF the last time I played it, but it's gonna be annoying on 5-6L I bet
Post ur build, if it's somewhat league start / SSF viable. An RF build has been on my todo list for a bit. The frost statues seem too tricksy, and I can't decide on projectile (maybe gyre anyway because apparantly gyre is meta friendly?)

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
It looked really shit to me, even GGGs cheat character can't clear screens with it.
i can see that there were a bunch of ssf deadeyes 99+ in previous league. Now you just get vaal skill allowing you to spam whirling blades release?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
It's the best clearing skill in the game for its investment, 6-link, essenced claw, and you are clearing t16s with maybe 30s boss depending on mods, I'm not sure how elusive nerfs affected it and how you'd change tree and I'm not sure how good it is on a 4-link, I wouldn't do it, but those trees all look the same anyway so changing from something op like poison coc shouldn't be big issue.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
i can see that there were a bunch of ssf deadeyes 99+ in previous league. Now you just get vaal skill allowing you to spam whirling blades release?
Yeah, but from searching for guides it seems most of them are like "play poison concoction for 80 levels, then switch" and I'm too old for that nonsense. Maybe I'll do it anyway, would need to investigate more.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Still going to do it because honestly a 4-link was fine for RF the last time I played it, but it's gonna be annoying on 5-6L I bet
Post ur build, if it's somewhat league start / SSF viable. An RF build has been on my todo list for a bit. The frost statues seem too tricksy, and I can't decide on projectile (maybe gyre anyway because apparantly gyre is meta friendly?)

I’m loosely following Pohx’, and so should you. It’s just about the most resourced build on the entire Internet. Not only does he have a video and a POB broken down into segments of 10 levels so you literally have everything explained, he also has an entire wikish website dedicated to just Inquisitor/Jugga RF :lol:

It makes it easy to pickup and to change to your own style

EDIT: He also has a ton of shit in the POB and on the site specifically for SSF

Gerrard

Arcane
Music is still one of the best parts of the game
Please, they use trailer music (and the trailer music is the most generic "epic" shit you can find by looking up "trailer music" on youtube) for the Sirus boss fight. It doesn't even loop the actual main part, it just plays the whole thing over and over. :lol:
That's how much effort goes into the music.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah POE music at best is mediacore.
Mostly the slow quiet ones that are great but the more actiony are completely forgettable.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I’m loosely following Pohx’, and so should you.
Nah. I'm gonna be a chieftain. Strength stacking go BRRRRRRRRR

His POB and site will probably still be of immense value to you. It answers so many niche questions about RF that you stumble on
Man, RF is kinda crazy. I made a basic shell (not finished obv) for chieftain based on some of Pohx' stuff https://pastebin.com/ZFgDKjhw and the numbers are just really good (even if most of the dps is from fire trap).

Meanwhile, even copy pasting a PoB for venom gyre the listed deeps isn't even 100k, although as I understand it a lot of the single target dps comes from whirly blading so the numbers look worse than they are.

I still haven't decided :M

Baron Dupek

Arcane
People listens to PoE music? My collection is big enough to use instead of whaveter they put out these days in GGG...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I’m loosely following Pohx’, and so should you.
Nah. I'm gonna be a chieftain. Strength stacking go BRRRRRRRRR

His POB and site will probably still be of immense value to you. It answers so many niche questions about RF that you stumble on
Man, RF is kinda crazy. I made a basic shell (not finished obv) for chieftain based on some of Pohx' stuff https://pastebin.com/ZFgDKjhw and the numbers are just really good (even if most of the dps is from fire trap).

Meanwhile, even copy pasting a PoB for venom gyre the listed deeps isn't even 100k, although as I understand it a lot of the single target dps comes from whirly blading so the numbers look worse than they are.

I still haven't decided :M

Actually, one of RF's main disadvantages is that even with Fire Trap for bossing, your damage will be kind of low compared to other meta builds. The reason I've fallen completely and utterly in love with the skill is:

1) It's just so goddamn chill to play most of the time, yet it also brings you up close and personal so you get those "moments of attention-paying" which I need for my fix. It's hard to describe but until you've moved through a map using nothing but Shield Charge and Frost Blink, hitting no damage skills at all, destroying everything on your path, you really don't know happiness. It's almost a bit like Essence Drain but without the need to cast.

2) The tankiness is un-fucking-believable. I played inquisitor past two leagues and I literally didn't die once to something I knew what was; in other words, the only thing that could kill me was me having no idea what happened :lol: Stuff that always used to kind of lowkey bother me while leveling like Act 7 Doedre or Act 10 Kitava was just absolute cakewalks wearing nothing but shitty off-the-ground rares. Hearing that Jugga is supposedly even more tanky sounds sweet.

The tankiness brings you such an abundance of QoL - you'll never had easier uber lab trials (they're a total joke, you can literally run through them while watching YouTube), moments of heavy degen are less scary and ALL OF YOUR FLASKS ARE AUTO ALL THE TIME. Well, except your HP flask unless you really want it to be.

It does have a few niggles. I hate Fire Trap and I absolute hate-hate-hate Stone Golem, because I always forget to recast it and does make a big difference for RF specifically, so a CWDT setup is leaving value on the ground.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
People listens to PoE music? My collection is big enough to use instead of whaveter they put out these days in GGG...

I don't love the score or anything, but the Elder track is one of my favourite boss tracks of all time:

Watching edited world first fights of Elder and later Uber Elder was made even better by that track. Though my favourite World First is still Ziz and Blue's shaper. I don't much care for Ziz but it's kind of adorable how absolutely shitting-his-pants-shaking he is during that fight lol.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Actually, one of RF's main disadvantages is that even with Fire Trap for bossing, your damage will be kind of low compared to other meta builds. The reason I've fallen completely and utterly in love with the skill is:
I mean, from the PoB it looks like 40k deeps from the RF, with 4 link and 0 gear.
Maybe I've been playing SSF for too long, but that doesn't seem too bad for a fire and forget skill.

But venom gyre seems kinda cool with multiple buttons to hit, so that's probably what I'll go with.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
ever since trickster lost recovery bonuses, RF is dead to me
On one hand I want that hex mistress, on other I dont want to wait until act3 to get my first hex themed skill.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
wonder how doable ssf ruthless will be...

EDIT: looks like editting loot filter is not going to be a problem. Too bad that vendors no longer offer gems... In ssf its quite a hit.
I will be very happy once I reach 4link setup with proper colors lol

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Kicked out more than once, first one happened in the first Sanctum. Got new flasks and poof!
At least I didn't have to fight with this unique enemy with Tricksters enhanced mods...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I mean, from the PoB it looks like 40k deeps from the RF, with 4 link and 0 gear.
Maybe I've been playing SSF for too long, but that doesn't seem too bad for a fire and forget skill.

But venom gyre seems kinda cool with multiple buttons to hit, so that's probably what I'll go with.

When I talk about damage I'm talking red maps, late rares and bosses. Any skill can fast clear anything up until that point IMO. And based on my experience in Hardcore Trade, even inquisitor felt a bit of hurt on the damage on red maps - Jugga will definetely feel it.

Perkel

Arcane

EDIT: looks like editting loot filter is not going to be a problem. Too bad that vendors no longer offer gems... In ssf its quite a hit.

I played multiple times with no vendor self challange and at around end of campaign gems aren't an issue pretty much. There is a lot of sources of them from gem boxes to just drops.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

I played multiple times with no vendor self challange and at around end of campaign gems aren't an issue pretty much. There is a lot of sources of them from gem boxes to just drops.
I dont think there will be many boxes to pick from... Also from what I quickly red no vaal side areas so vaal skill gems will be quite limited.

So far I havent seen single rare item drop. Unique monsters drop like 1 white item and call it a day. Had a single trans orb so far. Based on what was written, Im expected to find single alchemy orb all the way to kitawa.
And no master crafting. Playing weapon skill will be even more challenging.
Alira ele resistances looking particularly juicy right now.

With in general you being more squishy and running around, perhaps ice witch or trapper would be better

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Did a floor of the league mechanic. I kinda like it so far, but if the enemy density scales similary to regular PoE it's gonna be a complete clusterfuck. Lost horribly to the floor boss.

Shrapnel ballista is feeling very good so far, hopefully it can carry me through a lot of the early bosses and such.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
actually, gem rewards appear to be gone
EDIT: if you want to go with witch, do yourself a favor and focus on minions and srs... So far I didnt get a single suport gem, picking blight was a huge mistake.
No movement skills either

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
actually, gem rewards appear to be gone
EDIT: if you want to go with witch, do yourself a favor and focus on minions and srs... So far I didnt get a single suport gem, picking blight was a huge mistake.
No movement skills either
So you play ruthless? I kinda don't see the point. It just cranks the grind to 11.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom