Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Separate games, that makes more sense. Also I want to see them compete, will be interesting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

at least we learn more about Karui now than Kalanda in her league, huh

15380-63cb3ffa-6e64-4abc-b3ff-699b6858fb4b.png

15380-63cb3ffa-6e64-4abc-b3ff-699b6858fb4b.png

wait a second

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyClearCobblerSeemsGood-xw0EcXgz_xZwXh_f

8 people done more than whole blizz department

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
League seems like it could be fun. Not sure if there's any incentive to not just dive enemy base totems, but I guess we'll see.

Not a fan of the guardian changes (the elemental thingie only spawning on kill is a kick in the balls). Chieftain changes seem like they'd be really strong with the right build and items, but also kinda janky as aside from tawhoa/tukohama there's nothing that is equivalent to MOAR damage. The explosion has crazy high damage although the chance is kinda low.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
wait a second

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyClearCobblerSeemsGood-xw0EcXgz_xZwXh_f

8 people done more than whole blizz department
I was expecting them to have switched a lot of people from poe1 but 8 people is insane. No wonder we got some really content-starved leagues for a while now.

I hated Sanctum but content-starved? Felt like a very fleshed out league. And tbf with defences now mattering with the rework it might become one of my favorite leagues

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
League seems like it could be fun. Not sure if there's any incentive to not just dive enemy base totems, but I guess we'll see.

Not a fan of the guardian changes (the elemental thingie only spawning on kill is a kick in the balls). Chieftain changes seem like they'd be really strong with the right build and items, but also kinda janky as aside from tawhoa/tukohama there's nothing that is equivalent to MOAR damage. The explosion has crazy high damage although the chance is kinda low.

I’m 90% sure Chieftain is going to be the new default for Righteous Fire with those nodes. I.e. my new go-to

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I’m 90% sure Chieftain is going to be the new default for Righteous Fire with those nodes. I.e. my new go-to
You get some free resists (the max fire node seems really good with rise of pheonix but kinda shit without it, so as SSF its bad). And then you have a node which requires you to be stationary, which feels sad. No HP regen, no MOAR fire damage or regen, no tankyness.

What am I missing?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You get some free resists (the max fire node seems really good with rise of pheonix but kinda shit without it, so as SSF its bad). And then you have a node which requires you to be stationary, which feels sad. No HP regen, no MOAR fire damage or regen, no tankyness.

What am I missing?

That maximum resistances are completely nuts in PoE and we get two of them completely free

no tankyness

Yousa dunna understandsa tankyness in poe then. Look up how how max res is calculated. Pohx has a nice video where he explains it I think.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As for damage mr. Jaedar, the Ramako, Sun's Light node is just absolute off its rocker in terms of damage. To a point where I can't even believe it's real. Fire Trap already deals bonkers damage. The downside is fucking annoying though, in practice your insane damage window against bosses with tons of shit going on will probably be very limited. But then the downside of RF was always that its damage can be more tough to apply than other builds.

Ngamahu node has to have great potential, but I can't think of one right on the bat. However on paper it looks like it's gonna add both tankiness, de facto regen AND damage.

Those'll prolly be your four RF nodes. One insane tank node, one pure :love: :love: :love: QoL node and two damage nodes. What're you missing?

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
(I realize I'm spam-posting here, but one aside is that RF's biggest weakness is Chaos Damage, and fixing it was always the biggest pain in the ass. Chieftain completely solves this with Tasalio node - which in turn also makes the expensive Divine Flesh build even more enticing, since transitioning to this build is now only a money/drop-issue rather than a massive gear headache)

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I hated Sanctum but content-starved? Felt like a very fleshed out league. And tbf with defences now mattering with the rework it might become one of my favorite leagues
I was going to mention how sanctum is the only one that stood out but for some reason decided against it. Sentinel was them "experimenting" with no balance changes and no new skill gems, Lake of Kalandra needed an extra month to get it into a proper state and even then I thought it was horrible and Crucible barely has anything going for it outside the crafting system. The map itself is a barren corridor, couldn't even bother (or more likely, they couldn't get it in time) to have a boss before the Forge.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
That maximum resistances are completely nuts in PoE and we get two of them completely free
Explain it to me though. Obviously max res is really good, but for sources of +max fire res I count exactly two +1% on the tree, and one of them is right next to +2% all (which means you could pick up +1 light and cold for 2 points if you really wanted), so you're really getting +2% cold/lightning max res. That's good, but is it good for an ascendancy notable that's behind another kinda mediocre notable? It'll take a lot of gear pressure off for ssf, but still. Combined with some +max fire res on gear and it becomes really stronk, and phoenix shield is not that rare as for as uniques go, so maybe it has potential as a 4th node.

How is Tasalio helping with chaos res? Just by reducing gear pressure in general since it'll be +70 light and cold res in the end?
Ramako is going to mean you don't need flammability, and be slightly better than flammabilty, but it's not like you can replace it with another damage curse (hf with enfeeble I guess?). I also think the fact that it only works when stationary is a serious drawback, at least for me personally, since I think one of the biggest benefits of RF is being able to dodge and deal damage at the same time.
Hinekora is probably going to be really good QoL for rares though

Ngamahu node has to have great potential, but I can't think of one right on the bat.
Same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom