Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

abija

Prophet
The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a bottom limit. Just had a T1 map drop in a T7 mission. So the higher you go, the harder it is for high level maps to drop because the rng has to compete with maps ranging all the way back to the first tier.
Pretty sure it's more than that. The higher the level of the map, the lower chance to drop it has (the higher rarity is needed). You are supposed to buff the higher tier ones to "maintain" them. I don't remember running out of high lvl maps being a real issue since they introduced the atlas tree but you playing ruthless might be in that scenario.

Keep in mind, ssf already requires serious levels of mindless grind if you want to see all the game has to offer.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Right now i have 11% of a map dropping and 50% it's an higher tier one. I'm also one node away from getting to the "hat" and that whole row of +2% higher tier map nodes.

At what level do i have to get in Delve to start seeing yellow maps dropping? I think my issue right now is less about the grinding and more about having to redo content i've already seen to death. If i can use Delve to increase my income of maps it would help a lot just by virtue of being fresh content.

BTW this morning i've decided to clear the roster of Heist maps i had and i don't really like this one. I don't like the fact you have to leave most of the loot behind, and i don't like how dangerous it is for how little reward you get (at least for now).

abija

Prophet
Start with a map sustain guide for Ruthles like the one linked by Jason Liang.

I think my issue right now is less about the grinding and more about having to redo content i've already seen to death.
This is the name of the game for SSF. For you is worse, MUCH worse. You get considerably less/worse loot and will progress much slower than SSF through content. You're going to have to grind over and over and over again the lower tiers for bits of this and that.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Map drop rate is still unusually low. Got a dozen of white T6-T7 maps left but i'm holding on to them for now, reverted back clearing my T3-T5 and trying to level up before i get into Delving as last time i was there it was pretty dangerous and i'm too close to leveling to risk it now.

If i can manage to complete the canopy or "hat" however they call it in the Atlas tree that would be a total of 80% chances for an higher tier map. Surely that ought to help.

BTW, before this dearth of maps started i had a flurry of uniques drop, including Bitterdream. Wonder if the game has some secret formula to "punish" you if you get too lucky with the drops lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So for the sake of variety i've been focusing on delve exclusively those past two days. I blew a lot of azurite on upgrading the sulphite storage thingy so i had a lot to burn and i'm finally getting how this thing works.

Only thing i don't like is the ease by which the instance you are in resets. I'm autistically inclined to try to map all corners in an area and suddenly i got out to restock my flares or i click on the next node and the whole things resets from scratch. Kinda of annoying. Also it seems the game marks whether you cleared a particular section so if you explore it aknew you won't find anything, which is well and good except i'll never remember if i cleared an area or not, especially as i start to wade deep into the thing.

I also saw a guide that suggested going to low level areas since you can find some valuables there despite spending very little sulphite (and being near night invulnerable to the dark) but i found it too boring to be honest, even though i did find a gem node and an artifact thingy.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Right now i have 11% of a map dropping and 50% it's an higher tier one. I'm also one node away from getting to the "hat" and that whole row of +2% higher tier map nodes.

At what level do i have to get in Delve to start seeing yellow maps dropping? I think my issue right now is less about the grinding and more about having to redo content i've already seen to death. If i can use Delve to increase my income of maps it would help a lot just by virtue of being fresh content.

BTW this morning i've decided to clear the roster of Heist maps i had and i don't really like this one. I don't like the fact you have to leave most of the loot behind, and i don't like how dangerous it is for how little reward you get (at least for now).
Again not sure how it works in Ruthless, but Heists let you load up in small items like Rings, Amulets, Jewels, Cluster Jewels, Currency, Fossils, Essences, etc... You can find a bit of everything and a lot of rings and amulets.

The two tips for Heist-
- Before you break the main case to steal the target and trigger lockdown, back track to the entrance and leave. As soon as you leave the dungeon (but not return to Rogue Harbor), all your contraband lose their contraband status so you keep them even if you die. You can also identify any rares that you carried out and leave them on the ground to get more loot when you go back in.

- For survivability, Phasing is a must, as well as a travel skill, Quicksilver and Jade flasks, and if you can an energency Vaal defensive skill like Vaal Discipline or Vaal Skeletons. Just hightail out of there. Also once you are familiar with the dangers of each Heist map you will not die anymore. Heists are far less rippy than high level Crucibles, Harvests, Deliriums, Excavations, etc...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What you mean leave, like port back to town? You can do that without losing the map?

Jason Liang

Arcane
What you mean leave, like port back to town? You can do that without losing the map?
No. When you first take the portal from Rogue Harbor to the Heist map, the portal takes you to a small area outside of the dungeon. If you return to the outside area later, all the contraband loot in your inventory lose their contraband status (they become normal loot).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok but if you can't leave that outside area to get back to town (without losing the contract) how does that help.

Nim

Augur
Ok but if you can't leave that outside area to get back to town (without losing the contract) how does that help.
You can. As long as you haven't triggered lockdown you can leave to rogue harbor and come back, both in contracts and in blueprints.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.pathofexile.com/exilecon

nothing about 3.22 but

hours
of Path of Exile 2 gameplays

but being in EU - no chance to watch it live :(
ds6EWA4.png

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I cleared Poorjoys last night with Crook with no issues and the Spellslinger Flame Wall set up is still great, but a couple of build issues that I don't know how to solve:

a) The nerfed Raise Spectres fell off a cliff on T8 maps. They won't be viable going forward without investing in + minion gem level gear, which I would rather not commit to. Any other minion with better survivability on high level maps at skill gem level 20-22?

b) I still get one-shotted by exploding boss corpses, even through 7k ES. Any solution?

c) Have 7 unused passive skill points on my tree, I'm not sure the best place to spend them since I can't tell if I need more dps or ehp going forward. Holy Fire would give me the most dps I think (and also take Instinct), while heading to Templar's Sanctity notable would give me about 1k more ES. Any recommends?

d) Gear wise I'll have about 2 divs once some of my currency sales go through. I'm thinking either Presence of Chayula or a Watcher's Eye. Thoughts?

Build:
https://poeplanner.com/b/ExO
https://pobb.in/u7hOl0NE3C-L

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
b) I still get one-shotted by exploding boss corpses, even through 7k ES. Any solution?
Something autocasty that consumes corpses? Such as cwdt void sphere.
Last Rites notable would work, although I'd rather just Frost Bomb do deal with Life Regen Soul Eaters :/
Considering how close you are, last rites seems good, especially since you're always going to be cursing. Corpse destruction is really nice qol in general.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Well. I just did Shipyard, ran into that Lightning bitch boss who teleports, she was doubled as well and had life regen as well idk normally or from the map. She couldn't kill me but she wiped away my Spectres and Flame Elemental like ants. Anyway after 15 minutes of trying to chip away at them, I decided fuck it and spent my passive points on Last Rites and Holy Fire. Christ I melted her like hot wax after that. Should have done this upgrade last week. DPS really is king in POE.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

It's a pretty concise video, so no tl;dw. I found it a very good summary to prepare for the upcoming reveals this week. I've been playing a lot of other games lately (Zelda and Crusader Kings mostly) and the new PoE hype feels very refreshing. Only 4 more days!

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I still get one-shotted by exploding boss corpses, even through 7k ES. Any solution?
7k ain't shit. Get Spell Suppression capped or at least 50% and the "chance to suppress is lucky" mastery. Run Anime Guardian with a Kingmaker, it's much easier to obtain this league. Jinxed Juju is an amulet that lets your Spectres tank some of the damage from hits for you. You should always be casting one of your Offerings for the effect, that will also get rid of corpses periodically.
Have 7 unused passive skill points on my tree, I'm not sure the best place to spend them since I can't tell if I need more dps or ehp going forward. Holy Fire would give me the most dps I think (and also take Instinct), while heading to Templar's Sanctity notable would give me about 1k more ES. Any recommends?
Get Spell Suppression/see above.

Gear wise I'll have about 2 divs once some of my currency sales go through. I'm thinking either Presence of Chayula or a Watcher's Eye. Thoughts?
Get a 6-Link > improve your ES pieces > improve your wand > get lvl21 gems

DPS really is king in POE.
More like your build had so little in terms of dps that two passives were able to significantly improve it. If damage was truly king in PoE, then Righteous Fire wouldn't be such a popular build every god damn league.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I still get one-shotted by exploding boss corpses, even through 7k ES. Any solution?
7k ain't shit. Get Spell Suppression capped or at least 50% and the "chance to suppress is lucky" mastery. Run Anime Guardian with a Kingmaker, it's much easier to obtain this league. Jinxed Juju is an amulet that lets your Spectres tank some of the damage from hits for you. You should always be casting one of your Offerings for the effect, that will also get rid of corpses periodically.
Have 7 unused passive skill points on my tree, I'm not sure the best place to spend them since I can't tell if I need more dps or ehp going forward. Holy Fire would give me the most dps I think (and also take Instinct), while heading to Templar's Sanctity notable would give me about 1k more ES. Any recommends?
Get Spell Suppression/see above.

Gear wise I'll have about 2 divs once some of my currency sales go through. I'm thinking either Presence of Chayula or a Watcher's Eye. Thoughts?
Get a 6-Link > improve your ES pieces > improve your wand > get lvl21 gems

DPS really is king in POE.
More like your build had so little in terms of dps that two passives were able to significantly improve it. If damage was truly king in PoE, then Righteous Fire wouldn't be such a popular build every god damn league.
I think the problem is that I took the 25% damage reduction, +25% enemy life notable on the Atlas tree. Didn't expect it to scale boss life regen and boss explosion like that.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I would only take that Keystone when trying to level to 100 in t16s. If you're dying too much before t14s, then I'd first try to solve the problem via gear and passives.

Perkel

Arcane
It's a pretty concise video, so no tl;dw. I found it a very good summary to prepare for the upcoming reveals this week. I've been playing a lot of other games lately (Zelda and Crusader Kings mostly) and the new PoE hype feels very refreshing. Only 4 more days!

All speculation on POE2 don't make sense considering it is 4 years later. POE2 might as well as be complete 180 on what they announced earlier. POE mobile also was announced back then and for 4 years also nothing.

At this point I fully expect them to lie flat on ground before "community" and do just new classes with old gameplay and maybe sockets revision + graphics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom