Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Having -37% chaos resistance and using an item that gives nearby enemies Unholy Might might be bad for your health.

Body Armour: 5 link Life-Armour-Resist in that order are must, for other stats Attributes (Int and Dex) if you need to fix them for requirements, if not +Strength

nowdays you have notable, +double digit% life if your body armor has no life modifier

just follow https://www.twitch.tv/carn_ for boneshatter ...

armour DR doesn't exactly add up with flat DR like fortify or end charge cuz armour is not flat DR it bottoms out vs. big hit (useless). Phys dmg converted to elemental is better than armour... That's why they farm Jun missions early to get the syndicate mod and lightning coil is a thing on trade...

+15% Life is bad node, unless you use Unique that doesn't have Life Modifier.
You are bad at math. The 15% mastery is better than 120 life on chest in most cases, especially if you can then benefit from another prefix in its place.
You are bad at PoE, you can get 120 flat life+ 10% max life with Alva mod and that is better then +15% and a passive skill point that can be used for another +6% life.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah I'm sure that extra 200 life you get for 100 divines will give you better survivability than crafting phys taken as ele bench craft, or even another armor mod for a jugg. Real PoE expert right there.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah I'm sure that extra 200 life you get for 100 divines will give you better survivability than crafting phys taken as ele bench craft, or even another armor mod for a jugg. Real PoE expert right there.
XC107ra.jpg

100 divines lol

tritosine2k

Erudite
Roll a resist amulet, add the ancestral warchief stuff mandatory for boneshatter and link it to culling strike bc. you dont have cull from slayer. Also you don't have flat phys dmg on 2hander.
Ancestral Warchief
Ancestral Warchief - a Totem that increases your Attack Speed as it stays active
Ancestral Protector
Ancestral Protector - a Totem that increases your Melee Damage as it stays active
Multiple Totems Support
Multiple Totems Support - with this Support Gem you will be able to have both Ancestral Totems active at the same time

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Roll ailment remove on flask. Boneshatter build runs on life leech btw. Basically ignore Blackadder has no idea abt that build.

Yes I have specced a lot into life leech and damage

Also have Vaal Pact. everything dies from 1 hit and i can usually fill my whole life orb with 1 strike of boneshatter

tritosine2k

Erudite
Roll ailment remove on flask.
dont need really, i am now immune to all elemental ailments and bleeding too

i am aiming for spell supression now
elemental flasks are quasi +max res because 20DR tho. Also you can get attack speed from high ilvl flask and armour but high tier mod only rolls on high item level flask. Basically everyone rolls flasks in early league and it used to be more important in old engame because conqueror fixation on elements but now that's the "elderslayers" content and late endgame. With below 0 chaos res amethyst is mandatory and even that gets you into iffy category only certainly not red maps.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Suppress spell can roll only on gear that gives evasion(only evasion,evasion/armour and evasion/ES hybrid). So it's not optimal for Jugg unless you go Iron Reflexes, then you can go get Magebane passive and the suppress nodes around it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Suppress spell can roll only on gear that gives evasion(only evasion,evasion/armour and evasion/ES hybrid). So it's not optimal for Jugg unless you go Iron Reflexes, then you can go get Magebane passive and the suppress nodes around it.

I know but even getting the 27% cluster (Duelist lower right) and the +15% on hit node (Duelist lower mid) with Lucky mastery equates to around 50% spell suppression. That's 25% flatout damage reduction from spells (which comes AFTER the reduction from resists). Spells include elemental/chaos projectiles which are the no1 killer in maps.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Also have Vaal Pact. everything dies from 1 hit and i can usually fill my whole life orb with 1 strike of boneshatter
You are using Vaal Pact on an ascendancy that has life regen as one of its focuses.
There are three Juggs out of 7696 on poe.ninja that use Vaal Pact, none of them are using Boneshatter.
VtBFhUl.png

When you use Boneshatter you deal physical damage to yourself from the trauma stacks. The Untiring ascendancy passive gives you life regen based on the amount of physical damage prevented in the last 10 seconds.

S1dkggX.jpg
At the very least unspec the nodes marked red and get the ones marked green. You almost never want to pick both sides of one cluster because those passives will be less point efficient than putting them into another similar cluster with another notable and possibly mastery.
You can get more mana reservation efficiency from mana mastery on the cluster under duelist, but I don't think you'll need it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
SSF streamers do life notable so let's just leave it at that.

So that is what, 5 people? Who know what they are doing, not a new player that has a chance to have regen or life on kill mod.

I have 90% DR even without Determination

So I switched it for Elemental Purity which makes me immune to Elemental Ailments

My survivability is much better with that than Determination
Why not both? Elemental purity used to be trash tier but the fact that is gives immunity to all ele ailments makes it good now.
And again, don't trust the DR. 10k+ armor is good for campaign, but for yellow maps and onwards it won't feel good.

both auras take up 50% reserved mana, so i would have 0 mana for both

is there other way to reduce reservation other than nodes such as Champion of the Cause?

There are items, item mods and jewels. Easiest way is to anoint your amulet from Clarissa for the Charisma notable passive (1 Opalescent and 2 Gold Oils). You can link your auras with level 3 Enlighten Support(drop only gem) as well. There are lab enchantments on helmet that give Reservation Efficiency for specific aura. The small cluster Jewel with Added Small Passive Skills grant: 6% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills etc. For starter you allocate the passives that are close to you on the tree "Sovereignty" with the two 6% small notes before it will let you slot 2 50% auras with enough mana left to cast Boneshatter, if still no mana link Boneshatter or/and Leap Slam with Lifetap support.

There is nothing easy about getting two Golden oils when each is like 1 divine and they are even harder to get in SSF.
Getting right lab enchantment without trade is even harder.
Only taking correct passive points on tree is realistic. Even that cluster jewel is hard to get without trade and who knows if it is cheap

tritosine2k

Erudite

So that is what, 5 people? Who know what they are doing, not a new player that has a chance to have regen or life on kill mod.

There is nothing easy about getting two Golden oils when each is like 1 divine and they are even harder to get in SSF.
Only taking correct passive points on tree is realistic. Even that cluster jewel is hard to get without trade and who knows if it is cheap

that cluster is mostly from Tujen and he gives it after you spend ~150 reroll currency (into red maps by then), and the jewel worths 9-10div early league. In SSF you'd run harvest to patch your gear up with harvest rerolls. This stuff is just too complex for new players because you'd mostly waste harvest on bad base item or you dont even know whats a good/actual base in the first place. By then they do obscure stuff like flask augment harvest for pinnacle boss.

ArchAngel

Arcane

that cluster is mostly from Tujen and he gives it after you spend ~150 reroll currency (into red maps by then), and the jewel worths 9-10div early league. In SSF you'd run harvest to patch your gear up with harvest rerolls. This stuff is just too complex for new players because you'd mostly waste harvest on bad base item or you dont even know whats a good/actual base in the first place. By then they do obscure stuff like flask augment harvest for pinnacle boss.
Ah lol, with my current character I took almost all Expedition nodes on the tree and I am half way to lvl 93 and into red maps and not even close to 150 Tujen reroll currency. If I got 50 by now it is probably too much. Yea, that cluster jewel is then super unrealistic for 99.9% of players.
And Harvest is not a good choice for new players, it is still super rng and fights get very hard over time (and irritating with some of those enemies running away from you).
Better to go Expedition and use Gwen and that crafting one to get good gear there. I always get at least one awesome piece of gear from them.
Although Harvest can be good to make your own physical damage Axe but it is still a long shot. I think Expedition is better for that as well.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Also have Vaal Pact. everything dies from 1 hit
I had to learn this the hard way since I don't use guides or whatever: POE building that will get you into a "comfortable" (to varying degrees depending on the actual build) endgame starts with defense, not offense. Always keep this in mind and you'll have solved 75% of POE's "complexity".

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
S1dkggX.jpg
At the very least unspec the nodes marked red and get the ones marked green. You almost never want to pick both sides of one cluster because those passives will be less point efficient than putting them into another similar cluster with another notable and possibly mastery

tnx, u right. i was very noob about this

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Also have Vaal Pact. everything dies from 1 hit
I had to learn this the hard way since I don't use guides or whatever: POE building that will get you into a "comfortable" (to varying degrees depending on the actual build) endgame starts with defense, not offense. Always keep this in mind and you'll have solved 75% of POE's "complexity".

ye im working on defensive nodes now

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
S1dkggX.jpg
At the very least unspec the nodes marked red and get the ones marked green. You almost never want to pick both sides of one cluster because those passives will be less point efficient than putting them into another similar cluster with another notable and possibly mastery

tnx, u right. i was very noob about this
Me too very much so hehe, luckily I work with a 3000 hours guy and he nudged me in the right direction (laughing at my skilltree/items and going "still not enough defenses noob" once every week or so :lol: ).

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ArchAngel BlackAdderBG Israfael
Gerrard

Have some questions for u experts

1. which is better, molten shell or vaal molten shell? can u link BOTH to Cast when Damage Taken?
2. What is the priority order for Jugg ascendancy? I took Undeniable (the attack rating one), Unstoppable (Cannot be Stunned) and the one giving endurance charges. But im wondering if I could swap Unstoppable for Unwavering Stance (which is a normal node) and instead take the regen ascendancy

ArchAngel

Arcane
ArchAngel BlackAdderBG Israfael
Gerrard

Have some questions for u experts

1. which is better, molten shell or vaal molten shell? can u link BOTH to Cast when Damage Taken?
2. What is the priority order for Jugg ascendancy? I took Undeniable (the attack rating one), Unstoppable (Cannot be Stunned) and the one giving endurance charges. But im wondering if I could swap Unstoppable for Unwavering Stance (which is a normal node) and instead take the regen ascendancy
1. Vaal skills do not work with triggers. CwDT linked with Vaal Molten Shell will still trigger non Vaal version but for Vaal version you need to manually activate it
2. Unstopable is not good because of cannot be stunned, focusing on damage reduction and life already makes you mostly immune to stun, that one is good because of its other abilities. I makes you immune to Freeze, Chill, Temporal Chains and other effects that slow characters. As for other nodes in my Boneshatter Jugg I took Undeniable, Unstoppable, Unbreakable and Untiring. I used Warcry to get Endurance Charges. You can pick up instant cast node for Warcries and use it each time you are next to enemies and it also gives you a very powerful short duration heal. Also Inexorable node is good to get Endurance charges passively.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So how do I reroll ritual favors, and how do I apply sextants?

Have to say RF is a lot of fun. Getting close to level 91 and still enjoying it.

Gerrard

Arcane
So how do I reroll ritual favors,
You press the reroll button on the ritual screen. Keep in mind that you might not have enough favor to even defer the new most expensive item, whereas the original selection will never have anything more expensive than how much favor you have (so the more favor you get the better potential rewards). At least that's what I read from people who engage with it.

and how do I apply sextants?
You use them on socketed voidstones on your atlas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom