Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Do I have to play a female bitch... errr... witch just to be an efficient magic user?

:rpgcodex:

bloodlover

Arcane
Yeah it's live now. Any bros feel like starting from scratch?

Also, what happens to the Domination league after 4 months?

Bahamut

Arcane
I might check it again, though i dont really played the beta much to know the game

DramaticPopcorn

meh, same shit, nothing's changed since last time I've played it. (namely, the fucking targeting and hit detection :x)

Aothan

Magister
Bloodlover, characters who are playing in the new leagues (which started sometime earlier today) will be merged into the corresponding standard leagues, normal and hardcore, when the four month period concludes. In the case of Nemesis that depends on whether the hardcore character is still in the league at that time rather than already being sent to standard (going by hardcore rules).

speaking of hardcore, the new Nemesis league certainly keeps players alert to the variety of challenges rare monsters can now present. I knew upon reading "volatile.." in one of the encounter descriptions it was likely going to explode but was not sure whether it would be after losing or health or at some random point. All the same even with some caution the explosion did cause significant damage and that was from a relatively easy monster. I enjoy the new league environment since it gives the majority of players a new open economy to play in with even normal rare items of some potential value as with skill gems, orbs or uniques at this early stage of the player economy. Of course these possibilities do not mean so much for those players who are already level 50+ on the first day.

as to the hit detection issues, well a while ago there was an issue with the construct type encounters ('snakes') that could be difficult to target but I think that was in part a reflection of intentional design since they would move by sliding rapidly from left to right. Otherwise there were server related issues such as frequent desynchs that many players often had to expect but these particular issues have been vastly improved. I say this as someone who used to connect to overseas servers with a standard ping of about 250 or thereabouts. Although I imagine players can also experience some stability and connection related issues with the influx of players that logged for the official release.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Targeting and hit detection issues are caused by how they handle the desync since quite often mobs aren't where they appear on screen. They didn't want to trust the client at all and are proud of it, so the biggest issue the game has is here to stay.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So it isn't lag?

Interesting little game though, i'll play it just to explore the skill and crafting systems. Hopefully the passive maze has some actual substance to it and isn't just for show.

Last edited:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Pro tip: don't fight the last boss for the first time on merciless with a hardcore char. Dominus' first form is easy enough once you learn how to avoid suicide bombers and his ghost laser, but, man, that demon form's degeneration or bleed or whateverthefuck melted through my lvl 77 tank marauder's 4,8hp like cheese.

If anyone's interested in leveling new chars on Nemesis (Serpicore) or Default hardcore (Buzzbro), hit me up.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Add Hoaxmetal to your friend list if you want a invite to CDS guild. Ofc that means only non-turds will be accepted.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So is a two-handed mace build viable? I'm also shooting straight for Blood Magic with my Marauder just because i like the idea of not having to juggle potions, not sure whether that's a good idea though.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actually, I think game changed a lot with last patchbut areas stay same mostly so that can "burn" some old players after a while. I have been playing this one from the begining of closed beta and new league stuff always made me replay.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
meh, same shit, nothing's changed since last time I've played it.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm too lazy to update and see myself because I've gone back 3 times over the last year or so and had this exact same reaction every time.

I played PoE some months ago and they changed a lot of stuff since then. There are new monsters and new animations for example.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Someone is trying to DoS Path of Exile Am server right now
PCs are all over town with names like AAD_adeefaba and AAB_adeadcafe

EDIT: Looks like they firewalled that up pretty quick

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Still not getting the email to confirm the linking to my steam account. One might expect them to have fixed that shit by now, but it's hard to complain about something that's free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom