Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
It appears our fear of merc Dominus was unsubstantiated; he was piss easy for me at lvl 72, clearly nerfed to the ground so that players can progress to act 4 without grinding maps.

Dom wasn't nerfed in any recent history. He stipped being a serious threat to a decently prepared player a good while ago. The easiest way to deal with him was to grab a couple more bodies to divide the damage/attention from him, and he would go down with little trouble.

Aothan

Magister
I don't have a Chaos orb at this time, and just found out that Scouring orbs don't work on 'corrupted' items. Is it possible to change such an item with Chaos orbs, or any other way ?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I don't have a Chaos orb at this time, and just found out that Scouring orbs don't work on 'corrupted' items. Is it possible to change such an item with Chaos orbs, or any other way ?
You cant change corrupted items at all, not with any orbs. The only way to change anything on them is to use high level Master Voraci for sockets and colours for a steep price.

Radech

Augur
I see. It's all about farming Voll then. I'll stick to maps for now, I'll go at some point to act4 to get the skill point though, other than that there is no reason for me to do otherwise.
Btw, Dominus is a cakewalk anyway and he's been like this for quite some time, that's not a cons.

why not pick up the skill point right away then?, i agree dominus is basically vaal oversoul followed by an armor/pot/patience for portals check, but ppl still seem to fear him

Aothan

Magister
well I see, I don't use corrupted items but figured I could scour the six-link armour and then use howsoever many orbs until a reasonably useful armour piece was prepared. Whilst the armour as is is not terrible, it is below normal levels of rare quality, I can't tell why someone would then choose to 'corrupt' the same only to limit the possibilities.

this also means I have expended all of my Gemcutter Prisms for such a trade. Shortly I will be trading for Broken Prophet Crown, I must be the only person that thinks it has any worth >_<

Zdzisiu

Arcane
well I see, I don't use corrupted items but figured I could scour the six-link armour and then use howsoever many orbs until a reasonably useful armour piece was prepared. Whilst the armour as is is not terrible, it is below normal levels of rare quality, I can't tell why someone would then choose to 'corrupt' the same only to limit the possibilities.

this also means I have expended all of my Gemcutter Prisms for such a trade. Shortly I will be trading for Broken Prophet Crown, I must be the only person that thinks it has any worth >_<
If you are playing Tempest, there is a corrupting tempest that makes all the items that drop into corrupted items, and corrupted items have a higher chance of getting 6L so there is a surplus of corrupted 6L items in Tempest from this.

Aothan

Magister
thank guys, that likely explains what happened

and I just traded for the Prophet Crown only to find out (i.e. remember after the fact) the gems are modified by "Cast on Death" which is such a quirky aspect to this helm. Still another 270 Energy shield is a welcome addition to my overall health pool. As with placing Chaos resistance beyond negative values in time for the Weaver

also travelled across the tree to reach Essence Surge which makes for just over 1000 energy shield recharged per second when the recharge begins.

Carceri

Arcane
why not pick up the skill point right away then?, i agree dominus is basically vaal oversoul followed by an armor/pot/patience for portals check, but ppl still seem to fear him
Well, I didn't need to pick up asap anything from the passive tree and I was lvling so fast on maps that I didn't felt like interrupting my mapping spree. If I have time to play tonight I'll brake 80. I'll go for the point when the lvling slows down I guess.

Radech

Augur
Well, I didn't need to pick up asap anything from the passive tree and I was lvling so fast on maps that I didn't felt like interrupting my mapping spree. If I have time to play tonight I'll brake 80. I'll go for the point when the lvling slows down I guess.

I see, maybe i should've done that as well, I've just hit lvl 86 and levelling is soooo slow, and when i finally get a level I just pick up some minor stuff, I've got no notables left so it's just a bit of life here and there. Got a rare 76 map drop yesterday, debating whether to run it unidentified(for quantity bonus), the only thing I'm really scared off is phys reflect+vulnerability+no regen, as that will completely fuck up my hp gain. Might scour+chisel+alch it though, or leave it for later, the only maps that really give me good map drops are 73's anyway, but each one only give me around 3% xp :(

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
So I died at 75 to a series of lag spikes in the Incarcerator chamber- was fighting two at the time, too. Either it's due to some map mods or the retarded amount of summoned skelly corpses, it just froze my machine up. I've been battling with latency spikes ever since I picked the game up again, so was kinda used to playing around it. Uninstalled the steam version and put on a clean GGG client copy and it seems to run much smoother, but that might be just a coincidence, since I'm only 51 atm and not running maps yet and maybe they hotfixed something. Also picked up that port macro that helps disconnecting from the server in case of a crash. Will try a double shockwave totem marauder this time around. So far it feels like a shittier version flame totem, hopefully that will change with increased area passives and gems.

Last edited:

Carceri

Arcane
I see, maybe i should've done that as well, I've just hit lvl 86 and levelling is soooo slow, and when i finally get a level I just pick up some minor stuff, I've got no notables left so it's just a bit of life here and there. Got a rare 76 map drop yesterday, debating whether to run it unidentified(for quantity bonus), the only thing I'm really scared off is phys reflect+vulnerability+no regen, as that will completely fuck up my hp gain. Might scour+chisel+alch it though, or leave it for later, the only maps that really give me good map drops are 73's anyway, but each one only give me around 3% xp
If you're in warbands, go for it :D

flyingjohn

Arcane
So is this game a good single player experience or should i just wait for grim dawn ?

Whiran

Magister
So is this game a good single player experience or should i just wait for grim dawn ?
Since the game is free.... there isn't any reason not to try it out.

Then you can make up your own mind.

If you enjoy it then great.

If you don't enjoy it then you've only wasted some bandwidth.

made

Arcane
+atmosphere
+music
+character system

-technical issues
-path of economy
-path of lottery

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
PoE has the shittiest skill animation and combat "feel". Probably worst in the genre. But that's about the only bad thing in this game, shame really.

You are pulling shit out of your ass ,obviously never played high level character in PoE.Roflstomping whole screen of mobs with discharge/reave you will never find better "combat feel" in any other game.

abija

Prophet
Yeah that's the thing, spamming aoe is not exactly the "combat feel" everyone is looking for.
Actually, what you described taps into feeling overpowered and proud about your build, nothing to do with "combat feel".

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm referring to the pace too.Combat and movement is fast and enemies health is not too bloated compared to Diablo,Torchlight or Grim Down.Animations for most skills,burned,frozen or shattered are top notch I have no idea what game tops it.D3?

Last edited:

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
I take back everything bad I said about Shockwave Totem:

9yctED1.jpg

Shit's fucking hilarious. It's like watching hordes of mobs being sucked into a woodchipper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom