Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by raw, Jun 30, 2012.

1. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Cwdt with IC still works, it's EC that was disabled, because no it (and other similar new skills) are tagged "warcry", not "spell". IC had its own cooldown increased to 3s and had its potential duration nerfed a lot (previously 10s IC was feasible with certain investments, now 4s is already a fairly hard duration to get).

^ Top  
  2. LeJosh Savant

LeJosh
    You're right but it is technically worse to try and maintain endurance charges. Warlord's Mark maybe?

^ Top  
  3. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Yes, it's a pretty popular choice of a curse for melee chars atm, given both the fact that it gives Echarges, and the fact that it gives a good deal of leech after the 2.0.0 leech nerf.

One of the more interesting cursing melee combos I've seen is not cwdt+curse, but vengeance/rekoning+curse on hit+curse (+optional increased aoe/life gain on hit), since it allows for similarly fast cursing, but your curse is not limited by cwdt gem level.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Radech Augur

Radech
    Used that for awhile wasn't really satisfied with the results, as it didn't seem to procc often enough with vengeance(2-hand cycloner with unwavering stance), and I really needed the mana leech(main reason for going warlords mark) - maybe it's because I tend to stun enemies a lot, but It doesn't seem to procc more often than my cwdt which is around 2400 damage.

currently running it in a 4-link with my leap slam supporting it with echarge on stun(and faster attacks for leap slam), there's never enough sockets :( - maybe I should reconsider my 5-link heavy strike, but it's just soooooo effective for party tanking with empire's grasp.

Btw my solution for endurance charges is pretty much overkill - leap slam + vengeance with echarge on melee stun, self cast enduring cry and self cast warlords mark(though this is mainly for leech on bosses), keeping endurance charges up all the time is pretty easy, if you use a high level cwdt+ic combo, when it proccs seldomly enough that you can always enduring cry right after it(very nice for those ele weakness maps as well).

btw I don't really find leech to be nerfed(vaal pact maybe), but moreso changed, It's the first time I'm running a cycloner without life on hit, and it's pretty damn effective, though I suppose it's harder to sustain bigger slower attacks(without serious investment into max leech per second leech per something % something)

^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    deterministic system > RNG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. dibens as seen on shoutbox Patron

dibens
    Let's dock. Got a lvl 63 fire totem/firetrap templah going. Agreed, Malachai def kept me on my toes compared to the rest of the content (strongboxes being the exception what with the retarded lag and some unfortunate mods). I'm definitely bringing runspeed boots to the Merciless kill- outmaneuvering his shit is the hardest part I feel.

^ Top  
  7. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. LeJosh Savant

LeJosh
    Sounds good to me, char. name is Trindamu.

Currently 61 and gearing up for Malachai cruel, I use whirling blades with faster attacks and it's the best evasion tool I can think of besides lightning warp/reduced duration.

Farming Dried Lake/Voll usually.

^ Top  
  9. abija Prophet

abija
    Regarding lag and stutter, game seems to be running a lot better with no vsync and limited fps around 100ish than with vsync on. Also at least from the graphs they show, looks like all violent fps drops are due to their netcode, not cpu/gpu/io issues.

^ Top  
  10. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    From my not-insignificant experience, the violent fps drops occur every time the heavier assets are loaded up:

* when a lot of objects appear
    Most often these days - a summoner char with their summons appears near you; less often - when some crowdier strongbox variants are opened, or if a lot of fracture mobs are killed in very short amount of time.

* when a lot of effects are displayed in a very short period of time
    The most obvious example - a well-built coc or mjolner build. But there are variations - A good 1,5 years ago I could really lag some parties with my ultra-fast ele ST build if we played in ele reflect maps - the reason being each ele reflect visual effect from each mob would display on my char in VERY rapid fashion.

* when a lot of dynamic effects are displayed at the same time
    Rain is still a nuisance for many, as is shocking/desecrated/burning ground. A combo of these and some of the above is guaranteed to slow the weaker machines to a crawl.
    That's also the reason why early Dominus used to crash instances for a lot of people.

^ Top  
  11. Aothan Magister

Aothan
    could always try Spell Echo & Enduring Cry -_-

as to Double Strike, yes I believe so, certainly seemed that way from my Ranger days

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    Yes because both Double Strike and Dual Strike are attacks.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. dibens as seen on shoutbox Patron

dibens
    Lvl 69 (hehhehehe). Merciless act 3 is finally getting somewhat challenging. Charging mobs hurt now and have noticeably more hp. Piety hurts more than expected, I'd imagine touching Dominus and Malachai until lvl 80 would be unwise. I'm almost out of health nodes within a reasonable reach, will have to get that extra safety 1k health from the lewtz.

Did my first map yesterday, the Desert one. Wtf is up with the Mirage Of Bones? He takes FOREVER to kill, like holy shit. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, good thing I read the last patch notes.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    "Players in the Tempest league should expect to lose their characters."

Good thing that I'm a SCfag. :smug:

Seriously, fuck my internet provider.

^ Top  
  15. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Are you a newer PoE player? If so, paying for dominus kill is the easiest way to progress to a4 (because you want access to a4 farming grounds as well as the extra skill point quest reward in a4). Though, dominus is pretty trivial, by a4m standards.
    You may want to skip merciless malachai altogether, because killing him gives you nothing of value, but it's a good way to rip.

Desert map boss is one of those trick bosses, which reward thoughful approach to attacks instead of the usual dps/gear check.
    Hint: mirror copies of the boss are stationary, while the real boss moves away if you come close. don't waste your time attacking air, seek out the real one.

^ Top  
  16. Radech Augur

Radech
    He's still a gearcheck though, if you don't have enough dps/reliable single target(fuck you multistrike :P) he'll spawn so many images that he becomes untankable - i usually refer to desert maps as chisels :P

In act 4 you get an optional skill point in mines lvl 2, which means you've unlocked the best premap farming zones, so no need to progress further(unless you're going spectres), killing kaom and daresso just gives a rare map(like dominus pre awakening), which might be worth it(i did it just because i love the daresso area - but I'm also softcore and died to him once :(

btw for dominus(and for general play) I'd suggest a lightning pot with shock removal and a granite flask with bleed removal, those have become permanent in my flask setup, because oh shit soo much deeps usually only happens when I'm shocked or have run into a corrupted blood pack(or both)

btw did a corrupted unidentified rare map yesterday - no regen, cursed with vulnerability(more phys damage/more damage over time), and monsters immune to curses(no warlords mark), almost died the first time i activated blood rage :P running around with empty pots desperately trying to find something to leech on

^ Top  
  17. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    So...how does a dual wielder deal with mobs? The lack of an AoE hurts a lot! My 2-hander main char just trolololololo Cleave stuff left and right, but my DW has to be extra careful and take enemies out one at a time. Also, what's the best weapon for a physical dual wielder? No magic! Because my first response would be "daggers, ofc" by they demand int!!! Which I won't invest!

^ Top  
  18. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Um, are you aware that cleave is possibly best used as dual-wield skill, because it attacks with both weapons at the same time?
    Also, link dual strike to melee splash.
    Also, saying that dw has to be extra careful compared to 2h is laughable, because dw has at least 15% block that 2 doesn't have.

Dw is pretty versatile when it comes to weapon choices. One of best possible ways to play dw is to use the very powerful dps stick in main hand with a skill that can be used with that weapon class, while carrying an utility weapon in off-hand, of a weapon class that can't be used with said skill. This way, you will always be attacking only with main hand, while getting both the dw bonus and the benefits from the off-hand. The current FotM offhand weapon is Death's Hand.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Yeah, but I'm like UTRA EARLY GAME, so I don't have melee splash yet with my DW chick. On the other hand, my 2-handed guy was easy mode from level 1.

^ Top  
  20. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. made Arcane

made
    Yeah I'm done with the game until they fix the map crashes. Losing 150% IIQ 78s left and right when they are rare as fuck is only bearable for so long.

Are there no recent single-player games that let you tweak and mull over your chars in a way similar to PoE?

^ Top  
  22. Black_Willow Arcane

Black_Willow
    I just killed the last boss of act 4. I don't know why people are complaining so much. Yes, he requires patience and can't be rushed but on the other hand he's slow and clumsy as hell. I had much more trouble killing <spoiler of act 4 plot>
    Show Spoiler
    corrupted Piety.

^ Top  
  23. abija Prophet

abija
    I run it from ram with textures 2 lvs bellow medium and if I leave it unlocked I have 350-500fps, 99% sure is network related and their vsync implementation makes it worse somehow.
    The spell effects overload is different and that's very obvious when it happens.

1% is the chance their 'proprietary filesystem" from gpk is so retarded it fucks everything up and assets are the real issue.

^ Top  
  24. dibens as seen on shoutbox Patron

dibens
    Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. After an epic battle with two Incarcerators, I couldn't return to get all the fat loot- unexpected disconnects until you run out of portals. Apparently that has been an issue for some since forever, with more frequent occurrences lately.

I had tons of fun theorycrafting Adventurer builds in Tales of Maj'Eyal, but the game is a little bit different genre.

What difficulty are you talking about? If normal or cruel, they adjusted Malachai's difficulty in a patch few weeks ago

And nerfed further a week later

Shit, now that I think about it, I'm not looking forward to meeting him in merciless at all. Maybe a suicide run at the end of the league.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.