Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Summoner is off meta this league but that just means cheaper items.
Skelly mages is one of THE builds. Have you seen the prices for Fleshcrafter and Dead Reckoning?

I did my first Shakari combo today. Got a Void Battery and a Coward's Trial out of it and a bunch of other rare but useless uniques. Felt great finally reaping the combo after collecting so many components. I'm looking forward to doing this for the rest of the league. The great part about it is the fact that you can do it on a regular character during regular mapping, you don't have to use MF gear or try to juice Kirac rarity maps.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
is summoner necromancer viable? i was thinking about giving another spin but don't want to suffer a subpar build, i want to breeze through it because i'm an entitled gamer.

Any kind of summoner is viable tbh, it was used to be OP with little to none investment and got nerfed a bit but still viable than most of them builds.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
buffed_boss_loot.png

Had to fight the map boss for over 1 minute, actually dodging his mechanics and everything. But as you can see, it felt very rewarding afterwards. Altars OP.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eater of worlds dead as well, again no idea what I was really supposed to be doing. I mostly just avoided the nasty looking stuff on the ground.

He has some instakill attack that I had no idea how to avoid, but fortunately I managed to dps him down before he was able to use it too many times.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Made it to maps (yay!), but somehow I wound up with ubershitty gear so I have 3k hp and ~0 armor and evasion. The early maps are going to be a bit rough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Made it to maps (yay!), but somehow I wound up with ubershitty gear so I have 3k hp and ~0 armor and evasion. The early maps are going to be a bit rough.
Lol, that is bad. Slap on Determination to fix your armor problem.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
T12 mapping, a few hours here and there. Life, man. I think my time as someone who can sit down for an eight hour stretch is well and truly over.

And PoE is not a game that gives you much dopamine for playing less than the no-lifers. The existential crises abound. I'd have gone back to Std if it weren't for these tasty cosmetic treats. I mean, Archnemesis - as a league - is completely whatever. The patch is great.

On a more constructive note, I've got to upgrade my bow to the +3 gem Thicket Bow, gotta sort out a body 6-link (have a basic, corrupted one), gotta get a lvl 21 EA, gotta get Freeze immunity. GOTTA get a 6th totem. Dropping a Mageblood would be nice (God, please?).

I strongly recommend EA for pretty much all purposes except monster bum rush situations. It has really good clear if you have 3-4 seconds of survivability, really good single target if you've got the gem levels and totems. Really like it for Delirium, Ritual, Breach, Essence and Betrayal farming (not that I can actually farm shit, at the moment). Less great for Heisting or Delving, because you'll get swarmed too quickly for your damage to ramp.

In any case, a league starter that can do T12-15 with no problem using an unlinked Stormcloud and a random 20c corrupted 6-link chest is crazy good. You can get lucky and have your T15-16 setup by the time you finish the Acts. The QOL is much better than Poison Concoction. The damage is far superior to Toxic Rain. The survivability is good, even with low investment (Determination, Grace, Defiance by default).

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
3k hp is plenty for white maps on softcore. Just use Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner. And Jade + Granite Flask. And CWDT + Molten Shell/Immortal Call.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lol, that is bad. Slap on Determination to fix your armor problem.
I have like 40 strength. Determination ain't going to be great :M. I have decent amount of passive defence from occultist passives, just have to make sure I don't get oneshot. First attempt is going to be to slot enfeeble+blasphemy and be a bit more careful about dropping wintertide brands ahead of me instead of just flame dashing into packs.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really need to get my incandescent heart 6 linked. I'm ploughing through T16 maps and endgame content, but feels blasphemous to do it on a 5l.

Got a spare 5l one, so I might as well just use that and spam fusings on the other. It's 30% quality so should hopefully get it with less than 1000 fusings.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Dropped the Eater of Worlds. Only dangerous until you learn it's stupid kill-circle thing. After that, zero danger.

A 1 Chaos Bow seemed like just reward, sure.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Dropped the Eater of Worlds. Only dangerous until you learn it's stupid kill-circle thing. After that, zero danger.

How does that actually work? I just bruteforced it with DPS and killed it before I lost enough portals. The circle kept growing and seemed to be the size of the entire arena when he cast it.

Would still be useful to be able to do it deathless.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You have to stand in the stationary purple circles for approx 1s until they "energize". Do that for all the circles in the arena and his slam gets countered.

I finally got my 6-link. Really miss those tainted fusings :negative:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
3k hp is plenty for white maps on softcore. Just use Grace + Determination + Defiance Banner. And Jade + Granite Flask. And CWDT + Molten Shell/Immortal Call.

Playing for the first time since 3.9 really made me appreciate how much easier it has become to build some baseline of defense even in SSF. Currently near the end of Act 10, I have 12.5k buffed armor with no Granite/Basalt Flask and mostly shit gear (only exceptions: I got lucky with an Ambu's Charge and an Armor + ES belt enchant unveiling -- new unveils are awesome). Determination and Molten Shell do tons of work -- and the "+600 Armor while affected by a Guard Skill" mastery (Armor cluster) is absolutely huge. It might as well read "Molten Shell has 70% increased Buff Effect at Level 20".

Also, I'm still using the same +1 to level of all lightning gems Driftwood Wand I somehow managed to drop in Act 1. I've been identifying every rare rune dagger/scepter/wand I find.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
ou have to stand in the stationary purple circles for approx 1s until they "energize". Do that for all the circles in the arena and his slam gets countered.

Dawg, wat?

I was furiously circling the edges of the arena, avoiding that green shit when it pulsed, then hugging the edge for the final mega pulse.

... This is while avoiding those purple circles the whole time...

:oops:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Playing for the first time since 3.9 really made me appreciate how much easier it has become to build some baseline of defense even in SSF. Currently near the end of Act 10, I have 12.5k buffed armor with no Granite/Basalt Flask and mostly shit gear (only exceptions: I got lucky with an Ambu's Charge and an Armor + ES belt enchant unveiling -- new unveils are awesome). Determination and Molten Shell do tons of work -- and the "+600 Armor while affected by a Guard Skill" mastery (Armor cluster) is absolutely huge. It might as well read "Molten Shell has 70% increased Buff Effect at Level 20".

Also, I'm still using the same +1 to level of all lightning gems Driftwood Wand I somehow managed to drop in Act 1. I've been identifying every rare rune dagger/scepter/wand I find.
The defences rework in 3.16 was huge. Many speculated that Determination would get nerfed again, but GGG let it through this time. It's great! One finally cares about the armour/evasion prefixes on gear.

The lower the level of a wand, the higher the chance for it to roll a +1 spell gems prefix. There is also a new vendor recipe for a guaranteed +1 on a dagger or wand: normal weapon + gems with the tag "x" of total 40% quality = +1 "x" spell gems weapon

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
ou have to stand in the stationary purple circles for approx 1s until they "energize". Do that for all the circles in the arena and his slam gets countered.

Dawg, wat?

I was furiously circling the edges of the arena, avoiding that green shit when it pulsed, then hugging the edge for the final mega pulse.

... This is while avoiding those purple circles the whole time...

:oops:
I basically did the same thing while yelling at Maven "how do you energize?!?!". Kinda unintuitive. What I still don't get is how to controll the green moving balls. Sometimes they follow me, but sometimes they are pushed back to the edges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom