Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can exchange Uber Elder fragments now
SSF crowd rejoice

just woke up and remember that I'm mines player and this new change with LMB skill assign makes the game worse...

Zeriel

Arcane
Grim Dawn solved this by actually having some choices during campaign.
Haven't played grim dawn, but poe has choices. Bandits. Optional quests (this one is maybe reaching). Some of the acts let you tackle content in different orders. Who rules highgate in act 9.

None of this really increases the campaign longevity. Bandits are all about what makes sense for your build, seems like no one gives a shit about who gets the feather.

Bandits are basically a legacy thing. They haven't done anything like that since Act 2... which is ancient history in terms of the development of the game, literally a decade ago. Stuff like Highgate is utterly pointless--it has no effect whatsoever except a single throwaway dialogue line.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grim Dawn solved this by actually having some choices during campaign.
Haven't played grim dawn, but poe has choices. Bandits. Optional quests (this one is maybe reaching). Some of the acts let you tackle content in different orders. Who rules highgate in act 9.

None of this really increases the campaign longevity. Bandits are all about what makes sense for your build, seems like no one gives a shit about who gets the feather.

Bandits are basically a legacy thing. They haven't done anything like that since Act 2... which is ancient history in terms of the development of the game, literally a decade ago. Stuff like Highgate is utterly pointless--it has no effect whatsoever except a single throwaway dialogue line.

They were thinking to do something with them after 3.1 but never bothered, just like when they said they were thinking to upgrade Prophecies.

Zeriel

Arcane
Is Anarchy just rogue exiles as indicated by the name? That's nothing new really. I guess it's nice for those who want (more) of them, but if you specced into them on the tree they vomited out in maps already. Oh, and adding density without speccing into them for that kind of mapping strat.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

Very good video on the potential new uses of the automation support gems and the most likely true reason for why they were introduced and the ability to bind instant spells to LMB was removed.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is Anarchy just rogue exiles as indicated by the name? That's nothing new really. I guess it's nice for those who want (more) of them, but if you specced into them on the tree they vomited out in maps already. Oh, and adding density without speccing into them for that kind of mapping strat.
Rogue Exiles were a good source of MFing before this league and are also a good strat for farming ilvl84 cluster jewels. All in SSF ofc, I doubt anyone was doing that in trade.

Zeriel

Arcane
Honestly I don't think rogue exile nodes are bad... just have a lot of competition for atlas points. The best combinations use up a lot of pts for pretty strong benefits--extra jewels/density is nice, but is it 2 warhoards a map nice? Or 7 divine temple trades? Etc. Yeah, agreed on SSF. I didn't find exile nodes awful or anything when I briefly specced into them for the challenge, especially extra currency/bodyguards on boss is a nice piece of icing for the map once you just one shot them all.

That being said they DO have that annoying RNG factor that some content in this game loves. You mow over them until you get that retarded legacy immortal cry exiles (2 of them afair, miss send out a billion shotgun projectiles, and tinevin waste your time dove of the no damage but immune to damage). I sure do love my content ranging from 1% of danger to 1,000% depending on how the dice rolls.

Speaking of RNG, since GGG will never listen, I will just rant here on how fucking dumb the RNG boss spawns are. Yeah, it's so fun running 300 round 10 ultimatums and never seeing the boss spawn ONCE, when you are specifically chasing the challenge for weeks. Or the affliction boss. At least that one I could one and done, ultimatum boss I've spent more time chasing than anything else this league and not seen once. Such a bad design decision. Why is it so bad to let everything high difficulty use the elder/shaper/etc fragment route? Or at least ANYTHING remotely deterministic. I'd rather pay for frags worth 10 divine than blow through hundreds of maps knowing my next one has the exact same chance of nothing as the first one.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Speaking of RNG, since GGG will never listen, I will just rant here on how fucking dumb the RNG boss spawns are. Yeah, it's so fun running 300 round 10 ultimatums and never seeing the boss spawn ONCE, when you are specifically chasing the challenge for weeks. Or the affliction boss. At least that one I could one and done, ultimatum boss I've spent more time chasing than anything else this league and not seen once. Such a bad design decision. Why is it so bad to let everything high difficulty use the elder/shaper/etc fragment route? Or at least ANYTHING remotely deterministic. I'd rather pay for frags worth 10 divine than blow through hundreds of maps knowing my next one has the exact same chance of nothing as the first one.
The entire league I was recommending to friends to skip the entire Ultimatum challenge if they were going for 38/40. It wasn't just the access to the boss, the whole implementation was just so disappointing. I was extremely wealthy this league on everything except for Catalysts. To hell with everyone who wanted this shit back.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Posessed rogue exile 1in5 just murders you so you can't do it below lvl98 or so (hindrance).

I had a good encounter once with one and notably that wasnt a pack.

Good unique drops though. They prob want it to channel some affliction difficulty (and drops).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Stream is over
they forgot to show "strongboxes shows on the map" along with bigger Divine orbs stacks
Changes in the campaing, but for variety and not shorter suffering

ADL

Prophet
I'm a good little pay piggy and I'm gonna buy both supporter packs. That stash mimic is gonna be fun and I like the turtle hideout and both armor sets.

frajaq

Erudite
Archmage bros are we fucking back?

rLavplo.png

Israfael

Arcane
not from Tinctures.
Tincture of perma-rage disagrees with you, it's much more powerful than most TWWTs (and i have one in SSF that was worth 100+ divs in trade)

Of all the ones I found personally almost none were any good.
I've been running with two reservation charms (12% and 9%, as good as any major node on the tree and it's free), there is also charms that generate power/frenzy charges which free either passive points or sockets

entire Ultimatum challenge if they were going for 38/40
I never even tried, both Ultimatum and Blight are impossible to do in SSF. I guess gonna finish this league with 33-35/40 if I bother to finish the last challenges

tritosine2k

Erudite
corruption implicit for minion base :eek:

sounds affordable :lol:

why bother with late endgame minion if you can't do invulnerability antics almost everyone and their dogs do.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I cannot believe I am saying this but after so many years I am more interested about trying Diablo 4 on gamepass than new PoE 1 league.

Zeriel

Arcane
Lol fuck these niggers I swear to god. I mean I guess it's great that they added a "never miss the Trialmaster" scarab, but why do that shit AFTER you have that challenge? Why not just do that in the first place? Sometimes I swear they just enjoy watching people suffer.

Israfael

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to seeing how bad these ridiculous double damage mods are on monsters, since I never play invulnerable characters, just rather tanky ones, buuuuut the crafting looks good. Like a return of original harvest crafting (which I never got to experience in its full glory). I always enjoy doing crafting myself versus just buying the best items until I reach the point where mirror-tier items are my only upgrades, and do it even when I am fully on trade league. It's just so much more satisfying to craft a good item yourself rather than buying it.

Small additional note: holy shit just from watching the extended reveal video, that voice over is ALREADY getting repetitive. Going to be actual torture in league.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, it's dispiriting to have your favorite skill and class never get anything. But I'm so beaten down and used to it by now it barely registers. Heh, I did notice they felt the need to buff the crit chance version of blade flurry with 10% more crit. Have to admit I still don't see the appeal except for when you are poor... like, if I can get high crit chance natively, why would I trade away 120% MORE DAMAGE on my crits for that 100% crit chance? It's just less damage once you get end-game gear.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sometimes I swear they just enjoy watching people suffer.
that's like open secret for a long time

Small additional note: holy shit just from watching the extended reveal video, that voice over is ALREADY getting repetitive. Going to be actual torture in league.
you guys play with sound enabled? Used to play without sound for performace, then habit (rather listen to something else) and then stopped playing PoE altogether

Zeriel

Arcane
Sometimes I swear they just enjoy watching people suffer.
that's like open secret for a long time

you guys play with sound enabled? Used to play without sound for performace, then habit (rather listen to something else) and then stopped playing PoE altogether

Yeah I'm probably one of the few people who does I guess? Sometimes I turn off music when I want to listen to my own, but I always have sound enabled. I find it helps a lot with gameplay. Admittedly if you are playing projectile builds that destroy 3 screens away it's just noise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom