Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
I see. Are you certain that particular cloak is from Sharel? None of the Artisan guides I looked at have it listed

Shadenuat

Arcane
I member getting multiples of them

As for guides, last patch added new items and changed artisan mechanics

Trashos

Arcane
Just brainstorming here. Has anyone ever tried a half fighter half wizard build (or sth like that)? Are we sure that it is going to end up worse than a Magus?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Any advise on a Slayer build? Are archetypes worth it? On paper they don't seem fun.
4 rogue (knife master)/16 Slayer STR based makes sense ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Any advise on a Slayer build? Are archetypes worth it? On paper they don't seem fun.
4 rogue (knife master)/16 Slayer STR based makes sense ?

Ranged is busted because Studied Target is still stacking. Even without it it's still very strong.
JavDualWield.jpg

Sniper on Monarch.jpg

Slayer study pays off.jpg

Slayer MC Slaying.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Uh, I guess that's a bug. Only works on ranged Desiderius ?

Are you using an archetype? Maybe spawn slayer or base class?

P.S When I last played maximum level you could reach was 18. Is there any meaningful 20th level ability worth it in any class?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw rate my party:

1 - Aasimar Slayer/Knife master??
2 - Human Two handed fighter 7/Invulnerable Rager
3 - Aasimar Cleric of Gozreh (Maybe Erastil)
4 - Jaethaifu Inquisitor
5 - Octavia Arcane trickster
6 - Gnome lllusionist

Desiderius

Patron

P.S When I last played maximum level you could reach was 18. Is there any meaningful 20th level ability worth it in any class?

Use Spawn Slayer if your build focuses on Combat Maneuvers since you get big bonuses vs large targets you would otherwise struggle with.

Pics are base Slayer since that has most feats. Vanguard is good for melee since it gets Uncanny Dodge. Vanguards Bond is unlimited use Move Action. I like single-classing it to get all the good advanced Rogue stuff, Combat Style, Trapfinding, Familiar, etc.

Desiderius

Patron

You can get to 20 now. I’m closing in on 19 in Pitax Palace. Will find out if Rogue capstone is good - looks like it should be.

Desiderius

Patron
So was about to put Tristian back on bench then he charged in and soloed Narthropple Mages while everybody else was stuck in the hall, which got him Robe of Eyes.

Pretty freakin good when you’re already Blind and like to Charge around to turn Crane Wing on but can’t get Uncanny D naturally.

Amiri Freebooter/Thug (Dreadful Cleave) with Unstoppable Khanda was destroying everything else before he could get there.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Uh, I guess that's a bug. Only works on ranged

Only works when the rest of your party are picking their butts. Usually not much of an issue since things don’t live that long.

Trashos

Arcane
I know nothing about EKs yet, but yes, Magus (or some subclass) is on my to do list.

Yosharian

Arcane
No idea where that is

Haplo, how do you get 30 INT on your Sword Saint? Starting 16, +2 bokken potion, +2 ring of circumstances, +8 hat, that's 28, still two short of your screenshot?

Yosharian

Arcane
Also what does everyone think is the best weapon for a mage to equip? Some of the more powerful quarterstaves seem to have caster bonuses such as +spell penetration, otherwise there's Arcane Protector for an easy +3 AC I suppose.

Desiderius

Patron
Also what does everyone think is the best weapon for a mage to equip? Some of the more powerful quarterstaves seem to have caster bonuses such as +spell penetration, otherwise there's Arcane Protector for an easy +3 AC I suppose.

Ruin depends on Alignment, Chaotic gets the pen. Evil gets +4 profane INT from Cephal's Staff.

I'm liking the Sacred +4 DEX Bow.

Yosharian

Arcane

Ruin depends on Alignment, Chaotic gets the pen. Evil gets +4 profane INT from Cephal's Staff.

Aww that'd be awesome but my mage is a Sorcerer, not a Wizard.

Desiderius

Patron

The Call (staff) has Glitterdust at will and two Deva summons per rest. Linzi has been switching between that and Agile weapons.

Yosharian

Arcane

The Call (staff) has Glitterdust at will and two Deva summons per rest. Linzi has been switching between that and Agile weapons.
That's nice I suppose. I'll probably go for Quarterstaff, then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom