Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's the current meta on natural weapon builds? From quick research it seems that:
1. Different sources of bites always stack.
2. Different sources of claws never stack.
Correct from your experience?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the current meta on natural weapon builds? From quick research it seems that:
1. Different sources of bites always stack.
2. Different sources of claws never stack.
Correct from your experience?

Unless you’re soloing stacking infinite melee iteratives is mostly theory crafting.

The lawful evil monk robe and amulet of might fists stack, right? Has anyone played a lawful evil monk in the main campaign? I'm wondering how spicy the damage gets on this guy

Desiderius

Patron
The lawful evil monk robe and amulet of might fists stack, right? Has anyone played a lawful evil monk in the main campaign? I'm wondering how spicy the damage gets on this guy

Harrim’s Aura ends up giving everyone +10 damage so whatever looks spicy ends up being a drop in the bucket. Nothing to sneeze at, but just brings you up to parity with other full BAB classes more or less.

Hmm, yeah. Harry aura would be a good fit for a flurry iterative attacker going ham but it’s probably never going to keep up with another two weapon fighter who gets sneak attack dice.

Desiderius

Patron
Hmm, yeah. Harry aura would be a good fit for a flurry iterative attacker going ham but it’s probably never going to keep up with another two weapon fighter who gets sneak attack dice.

Trolling me with the sneak chip damage.

Big Hit Tristian.jpg

If Tristian can do it Monks can do it.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What do you mean LP from Ch5? My Octavia always got it by late Chapter 3 (and she is 1 spell level behind a pure wizard).

Hmm, according to my notes Octavia gets Legendary Proportions at lvl14, and by lvl15 I am ready for Pitax. So not technically Ch5, but close to it.

Yes, full wizards can take Legendary Proportions 1 lvl earlier, at lvl13 (a question is who is using full wizards, though). I am assuming that this must still be Ch4. Ch4 is one of the shortest chapters, but the difference between my playthrough and your playthrough is rather big. Do you have the dlc, maybe?

I do have the DLC. But I've only played the 1st, Tiefling DLC content. So not much extra xp, I'd think.
Well, Octavia is an Arcane Trickster, I play with "skill user gets xp from skills" option, so I guess she could have quite a bit of bonus xp from disarming traps and such.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
quick question:

is there really no way to Queue two orders in this game? if I want to move my cleric to a specific spot and then cast Bless; that can't be queued?

bec de corbin

Educated
I think people who say metamagic feats are useless miss out on the fact you can also use them to have way more casts of a spell you like than should normally be possible. Sure, maximize rods are cool, but some spell levels don't have as many key spells as others so you might as well fill them with extra casts of something useful.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Heighten would be the most flexible and best for this purpose. Of course, its not the best if you only care about blasting.

It’s interesting that they chose not to include the Intensified spell feat. If that were in the game I would probably be using that for every spell .. so maybe that’s why lol

The empower/maximize feats start to feel economical when you can combine them with the complimenting rod. Also, practically speaking I find it much easier to precisely aim a fireball/controlled fireball than the cone or vectors style nukes.

Desiderius

Patron
Will be doing Diviner 20 MC next, focusing on Vitals + fighting in Elemental/Dragonform. May work in Dirty Trick subtheme with the True Strike (CotW has Int -> CMB).

First Diviner ability replaces Touch of Good (becomes another True Strike) or stacks with it to go completely off so probably going mostly Harrim or even Clericless.

Second Diviner ability is the shit.

_V_

Scholar
I haven't been following this thread, so please bear with me if this concept has already been laughed of the yard.
Disclaimer:
I went Vivi/Fighter MC on my fist vanilla playthrough and am looking for something a little different for my turn based playthrough with mods. Not looking for any build suitable for Unfair. Just plain old "normal" (perhaps custom with a little more difficult).

So I was thinking 17 Nature Fang with either 3 Hunter or 3 Primal Companion Hunter. (3 Sacred Huntsmaster would also be possible).
I'm looking to hang back with a Fauchard and let the pet do all the close melee.
Cons:
Mixing two medium BAB classes. -> lackluster BAB and few attacks
Spreading ability points for access to high level druid spells.
Survivability? (Since I haven't played in TB mode and with reach weapons before, I have no Idea how safe he'll be hanging back. Even with buffs)
Spell DCs, but I'd not really use him for attack spells anyway.

Pros:
Pet gets Teamwork feats for free --> can focus on other feats
Energy Attacks for the pet early (should be really nice for the early game). Alternatively Animal Focus, but I think I'd go with Primal...
Access to shatter defenses "early". (Which I haven't tried before. A bard will always be present)
Blinding Critical "early".
Studied Target + Outflank (precise version) "hopefully" mitigates the lowish BAB.
Druid (and early Hunter) buffs and spell utility.
Hopefully lots of crit and AoO shenanigans.
Even some Sneak Attack dmg

Thoughts?

I can't really endorse the feats like Blinding Critical. Once the critical has occurred, whatever suffered it will be dead or begging for it. Nature Fang seems like an interesting class. Druid/Slayer hybrid is a neat idea. Seems like it would be OP.

Desiderius

Patron
Nature Fang is busted all the way in half. No need to splash at all.

Time to run COTW into the ground before a patch obsoletes it!

Edit: I guess I should figure out how to lock my version of KM

I haven't been following this thread, so please bear with me if this concept has already been laughed of the yard.
Disclaimer:
I went Vivi/Fighter MC on my fist vanilla playthrough and am looking for something a little different for my turn based playthrough with mods. Not looking for any build suitable for Unfair. Just plain old "normal" (perhaps custom with a little more difficult).

So I was thinking 17 Nature Fang with either 3 Hunter or 3 Primal Companion Hunter. (3 Sacred Huntsmaster would also be possible).
I'm looking to hang back with a Fauchard and let the pet do all the close melee.
Cons:
Mixing two medium BAB classes. -> lackluster BAB and few attacks
Spreading ability points for access to high level druid spells.
Survivability? (Since I haven't played in TB mode and with reach weapons before, I have no Idea how safe he'll be hanging back. Even with buffs)
Spell DCs, but I'd not really use him for attack spells anyway.

Pros:
Pet gets Teamwork feats for free --> can focus on other feats
Energy Attacks for the pet early (should be really nice for the early game). Alternatively Animal Focus, but I think I'd go with Primal...
Access to shatter defenses "early". (Which I haven't tried before. A bard will always be present)
Blinding Critical "early".
Studied Target + Outflank (precise version) "hopefully" mitigates the lowish BAB.
Druid (and early Hunter) buffs and spell utility.
Hopefully lots of crit and AoO shenanigans.
Even some Sneak Attack dmg

Thoughts?

I agree with just going straight 20 nature fang. Big appeal to me over going for a ranger or hunter is the druid spell list and access to those goodies asap. It's cool though to have an archetype that can sacrifice shifting, since I feel like that's usually all or nothing for me. Was going to try this at some point, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom