Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Sheepherder

Augur
Nah, agile weapons are aplenty. 2 Agile rapiers right after Staglord and then an agile+keen rapier soon after in a random encounter during troll trouble. Dual wield them, use better weapons as they come and don't do something stupid like locking into a single weapon type with weapon focus.
Btw double slice feat works on agile weapons too, dunno if it's supposed to.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Boon Companion works to bring a Ranger's famniliar up to his level. I thought it didn't because I'm so used to decline in games I assumed they didn't have their own character sheet I didn't realize you could bring up their own character sheet.

razvedchiki

Magister
Well i started a dex aldori,took aldori duel mastery and with a breastplate i got 22 ac(defensive mode).
On hard i didnt get hit once in the aldori mansion fights,prob the assasins got nerfed because they melt with 1-2 hits

Incendax

Augur
prob the assasins got nerfed because they melt with 1-2 hits
That's just the lopsided difficulty. Things have high AC and saves, but not much HP except for crazy shit like multi template owlbears. That's why guaranteed damage is so powerful in the early game.

Yosharian

Arcane
Trickster build is really great but abyssal summoner seems a bit like a late bloomer. First few levels with sorc/monk can be a drag? Maybe a standard monster tactician with animal domain could be more effective with teamwork trip feat?

By endgame, those 7-8/good DR summons would be way more tankier but they'll always be 1 spell level lower as well.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I'll take another look at it today and see if there's another way to optimize a summoner.

Ent

Savant
Does owlcat have plans to adapt anymore adventure paths? I wouldn't mind one with the advanced classes added in. Also, I hope they add in early guns - I had a ton of fun with those in actual PnP sessions.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Any builds for Regongar after leveling him to level 8 Magus? I have no idea what he's about and barely know what I can do with him, so I just leveled him in his basic class. Anywhere I should go from this point with him?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any builds for Regongar after leveling him to level 8 Magus? I have no idea what he's about and barely know what I can do with him, so I just leveled him in his basic class. Anywhere I should go from this point with him?
I would continue with Magus, he gets access to better spells and his arcane enchantment for his weapon gets better. Also you will get access to better armor. Make sure to pick up empower spell feat so you can use 3rd level slots to cast empowered shocking grasps. And 5th level slots for empowered Vampiric Touch.

Yosharian

Arcane
I would continue with Magus, he gets access to better spells and his arcane enchantment for his weapon gets better. Also you will get access to better armor. Make sure to pick up empower spell feat so you can use 3rd level slots to cast empowered shocking grasps. And 5th level slots for empowered Vampiric Touch.
Agreed with all of that

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I see little mention of Seize the Moment teamwork feat. Sure, it's pretty endgame by P:K standards, particularly for 3/4 BAB classes. But it would seem having a couple of melees with wide critical range (like a scimitar or rapier), Combat Reflexes and good AB would chop any enemy to pieces with tons of free attacks.

Well, Greater Trip also trades 1 attack for 1 AoO + 1 for everyone around the enemy when he gets up (if successful).

The Critical feats look pretty sexy as well (Staggering Critical, Exhausting Critical, Blinding Critical - okay, the latter two are even more end-game).

Or does noone really care about melee at this stage of the game?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, my Strength Vivi does have sneak dice. And Greater Trip. At level 17 should have about 38 CMB or about 48 when fully buffed (legendary proportions, transformation). With Tandem Trip will also get to reroll trip failures.

Also plan to get Seize the Moment at level 15 and pair him with Jaethal or Nok-Nok for Tandem Tripping and free hits on crits.

vazha

Arcane
the game literally throws nok nok at you as its most reliable dps dealer. all you need to do is tweak him a bit in your build

Shadenuat

Arcane
I see little mention of Seize the Moment teamwork feat. Sure, it's pretty endgame by P:K standards, particularly for 3/4 BAB classes. But it would seem having a couple of melees with wide critical range (like a scimitar or rapier), Combat Reflexes and good AB would chop any enemy to pieces with tons of free attacks.

Well, Greater Trip also trades 1 attack for 1 AoO + 1 for everyone around the enemy when he gets up (if successful).

The Critical feats look pretty sexy as well (Staggering Critical, Exhausting Critical, Blinding Critical - okay, the latter two are even more end-game).

With amount of enemies thrown at you, melees just need to chop enemies hard CCed/half dead from mages and any melee can do it.
Scouts are immune to Blindness.
You should test this and check DCs. The DC is 10 + your BAB I believe, if enemies on high difficulties have higher saves they will never fail it. If you are 3/4 BAB, it will be around DC 23 endgame? Enemies rarely have less than +20 so...
I recently fought draining baddie in a crypt with Disruption weapon on paladin. Disruption (death on failure for undead) is ~15 DC, his Will was +15.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

With amount of enemies throw at you, melees just need to chop enemies hard CCed/half dead from mages and any melee can do it.
You should test this and check DCs. The DC is 10 + your BAB I believe, if enemies on high difficulties have higher saves they will never fail it. If you are 3/4 BAB, it will be around DC 23 endgame? Enemies rarely have less than +20 so...
I recently fought draining baddie in a crypt with Disruption weapon on paladin. Disruption (death on failure for undead) is ~15 DC, his Will was +15.

Thank you for your comments, appreciate them. So the crit feats are not great, particularly for non-warrior classes. Still might try to teach Jaethal Staggering Crit end game, it's only cost is that of lost opportunities. And when it sometimes does land, it could come in handy. But that is faaar off now.

What do you think about the other feats. Like Seize the Moment on 2+ party members?

vazha

Arcane
criticals are good for crit based builds, i.e. ones that utilise kukris, scimitars, estocs, falchions, fauchards and so on. A spellstrike critting magus subtype can be incredibly devastating.

ArchAngel

Arcane

With amount of enemies throw at you, melees just need to chop enemies hard CCed/half dead from mages and any melee can do it.

Thank you for your comments, appreciate them. So the crit feats are not great, particularly for non-warrior classes. Still might try to teach Jaethal Staggering Crit end game, it's only cost is that of lost opportunities. And when it sometimes does land, it could come in handy. But that is faaar off now.

What do you think about the other feats. Like Seize the Moment on 2+ party members?
Critical feats are OK if you go 15-20 crit dual wielding warrior so you get a chance to apply them often. Nobody else has enough feats and BAB to use them.

vazha

Arcane
Str based Ranger could pull that off too, with combat style feats and dips here and there. esp with favored enemy fey (up to +6 att and +6 damage at lvl 12) coming in very handy in late game.

Ent

Savant
I'd actually play fighter more if they weren't restricted to 2 fucking skill points a level up. Who in the world thought that would be ok for a class that usually doesn't have more than 13 for fringe combat manuever builds?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom