Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I did, it's on normal. But those things are insane. And they were ambushing me so I couldn't even buff before the fight. I managed to kill one a few times by focusing on it and it gave out 2000xp. They have like 16ft reach or some shit, I thought they had a vomit attack but they were biting. There's really no reason for those things to be on the encounter table at that stage of the game. You could probably kill them with certain kinds of parties, like using a monster tactician to spam summons while some wizards rained touch attacks on them.

Anyways, took out the stag lord. Didn't get to try sneaking in because I rolled a 2 on an athletics check I didn't even think was us trying to get in. Still a massacre, I think he managed to down a single leopard and forced my leader to heal himself. Utterly insane amount of loot afterwards made me feel like everything I did up to this point was an utter waste of time. I don't get why he was a total bitch compared to all the sidequests and random encounters. I didn't even bother to buff aside from bless + bardsong.

ArchAngel

Arcane
from reddit:

So, if you look at your attack bonuses, you can see that the game actually implements things like Crane Style as a bonus to hit. Fighting Defensively normally gives you a -4, and Crane Style is supposed to reduce that by 2. The game will break it down as: -4 Fighting Defensively, +2 Crane Style.

If you continue down that line to get Crane Riposte, you reduce the penalty by an additional 1. And if you were to level as an Aldori Defender to pick up Steel Net, it reduces it by an additional 2. You _should_ just have no penalty for fighting defensively, right? Wrong!

I did some testing with this last night, and the net result is: -4 Fighting Defensively, +2 Crane Style, +1 Crane Riposte, +2 Steel Net = +1. Assuming you pick up those feats and abilities, your to-hit goes _up_ when fighting defensively.

;tldr - Crane Style chain + Aldori Defender Steel Net = net bonus to hit when fighting defensively
Also Halfling has I think a feat that gives +2 AC when fighting defensively :D

aweigh

Arcane
Yeah, and you can upgrade it further by picking its upgrade Cautious Fighter.

BTW, who again on the Codex was this guy?

I think it was PopeAmoleII? Well, I can't understand a fucking word he's saying. I hope his speaking here is an "act" for YouTube, because RIP IRL speaking.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, and you can upgrade it further by picking its upgrade Cautious Fighter.

BTW, who again on the Codex was this guy?

I think it was PopeAmoleII? Well, I can't understand a fucking word he's saying. I hope his speaking here is an "act" for YouTube, because RIP IRL speaking.

He's easy to understand IMO, I just wish he would post a text version of the build.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
He is from Russia, If you think we in Russia speak English on daily basis - you are wrong. Many people don't speak English, so there is not much practice besides online games, where exist mix from people of thousands countries with their accent and this does not make life much easier.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
He is from Russia, If you think we in Russia speak English on daily basis - you are wrong. Many people don't speak English, so there is not much practice besides online games, where exist "salad" from people of thousands countries with their accent and this does not make life much easier.
You're not wrong, and I realize that this undermines your point, but I don't think "salad" is the word you're looking for.

aweigh

Arcane
man, first time in one of these type of CRPGs where I'm scraping by fights and using every single fucking thing at my disposal!

(Playing on "Hard")

Right now on Linzi's level 4 I went and picked spell focus: Enchantment to buff up Hideous Laughter some more, and also Sleep. I never thought I'd be this excited to get a +1 on a DC!!!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
at lvl 16:
Knifemaster 3/Monk 1/ Vivisectionist 12, requires LG for the robe
start with 20 DEX, 14 INT and WIS, 3 rogue lvls to get DEX->dmg then 1 monk then vivi, if you make it to lvl18 before the endboss you even get grand mutagen, mummification from your vivi discoveries makes you immune to paralyze besides other effects, go Kukri (ie take martial weapon at lvl2) .

AC:
8 (bracers +8)
7 (24 DEX)
3 (+6 DEX item)
2 (DEX mutagen)
2 (mutagen AC bonus)
5 (nat armor amulett or barkskin)
5 (deflection ring or shield of faith)
5 (20 wisdom with +6 wis item)
4 (shield spell)
4 (fighting defensively with 3 mobility and crane style)
5 (monk robe with 5 dodge ac)
-1 (Dex mutagen gives -2 WIS so this is one less AC)
--------

Did I forget something? Shred things like Nok-Nok but have 60 AC and vivi spellcasting.

Of course you can have a bit more eventually, there's a ring that you can use to get a +2 circumstance bonus (stacks) to several stats if you set it to INT and WIS that's +2 AC right there. People say there's +8 stat items at the end. Reduce Person would give +2 DEX.

Good? Ppl said this is a bad build because it only has 8 STR at the beginning.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Posted in the main thread, but Ekun's dog got knocked by the
lich under Lonely Barrow
and I can't get him to respawn. Resting doesn't work and the body is gone when I go back to the barrow.
If I respec him, he doesn't get a new dog.
Anyone know how to fix this, or, failing that, how should I build him?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
lich under Lonely Barrow
and I can't get him to respawn. Resting doesn't work and the body is gone when I go back to the barrow.
Under 6 feet of dirt would be a good start... ;)

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
lich under Lonely Barrow
I think the barrow is deeper underground than that, didn't help.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
at lvl 16:
Knifemaster 3/Monk 1/ Vivisectionist 12, requires LG for the robe
start with 20 DEX, 14 INT and WIS, 3 rogue lvls to get DEX->dmg then 1 monk then vivi, if you make it to lvl18 before the endboss you even get grand mutagen, mummification from your vivi discoveries makes you immune to paralyze besides other effects, go Kukri (ie take martial weapon at lvl2) .

AC:
8 (bracers +8)
7 (24 DEX)
3 (+6 DEX item)
2 (DEX mutagen)
2 (mutagen AC bonus)
5 (nat armor amulett or barkskin)
5 (deflection ring or shield of faith)
5 (20 wisdom with +6 wis item)
4 (shield spell)
4 (fighting defensively with 3 mobility and crane style)
5 (monk robe with 5 dodge ac)
-1 (Dex mutagen gives -2 WIS so this is one less AC)
--------

Did I forget something? Shred things like Nok-Nok but have 60 AC and vivi spellcasting.

Of course you can have a bit more eventually, there's a ring that you can use to get a +2 circumstance bonus (stacks) to several stats if you set it to INT and WIS that's +2 AC right there. People say there's +8 stat items at the end. Reduce Person would give +2 DEX.

Good? Ppl said this is a bad build because it only has 8 STR at the beginning.

Well, if you go halfling, you can get 2 more (size?) AC with Careful Fighter. Or 3 VS melee with Aasimar Wings. Also another 4 vs melee with Crane Style Wing (can temporarily loose it though).

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
lich under Lonely Barrow
I think the barrow is deeper underground than that, didn't help.
6 feet of dirt at the bottom of the barrow.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, if you go halfling, you can get 2 more (size?) AC with Careful Fighter. Or 3 VS melee with Aasimar Wings. Also another 4 vs melee with Crane Style Wing (can temporarily loose it though).
Yes when I made this char I used an Aasimar, so +3 wings eventually. Crane wing doesn't work with dualwielding kukries.

Parabalus

Arcane
I did, it's on normal. But those things are insane. And they were ambushing me so I couldn't even buff before the fight. I managed to kill one a few times by focusing on it and it gave out 2000xp. They have like 16ft reach or some shit, I thought they had a vomit attack but they were biting. There's really no reason for those things to be on the encounter table at that stage of the game. You could probably kill them with certain kinds of parties, like using a monster tactician to spam summons while some wizards rained touch attacks on them.

Anyways, took out the stag lord. Didn't get to try sneaking in because I rolled a 2 on an athletics check I didn't even think was us trying to get in. Still a massacre, I think he managed to down a single leopard and forced my leader to heal himself. Utterly insane amount of loot afterwards made me feel like everything I did up to this point was an utter waste of time. I don't get why he was a total bitch compared to all the sidequests and random encounters. I didn't even bother to buff aside from bless + bardsong.

The random encounters are truly random, if you get destroyed just reload and move on. Dire narlmarches have lvl 10-15 randoms.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Thinking of rolling a Vivisectionist, probably human and giving it a single class dip in Inquisitor, fighter is probably a better dip but with that level of Inquisitor the build has the, 'i'm here to question you painfully' vibe.

Going to try and spread points evenly between strength and dex. Atleast enough to take most 2 weapon fighting feats and get some dex bonuses from the medium armour proficiency but ditch weapon finesse.

The build isn't really optimal, but has its strengths earlier in the game as you can flip between sword and board, and dual wield eventually making it both if you want with shield fighting feats. You'd get a better weapon and armour selection by going fighter (knife master is a great dip as well but would probably be better in a dex build).

You don't get the level 20 benefits, but it doesn't sound like a character will reach level 20 (atleast there won't be much left in the game when you do) for a greater discovery anyway. Also I don't like the idea of dex builds that lack uncanny dodge (especially with the way flanking seems to be implemented in the game).

Went ahead with this build (but took a level of Aldori defender), slightly more viable than I thought, you can have low dex and still qualify for dex feats such as improved two weapon fighting, etc, if you have a dex belt equipped that lets you meat the minimum requirements (atleast according to the feat selection page, it says my dex is enough for improved 2-weapon fighting just need more BAB, and my base dex is only 16).

So strength based dual wielding builds are possible, you should be able to build some high DR shield wielding tanks but still have them be offensive. Might try and see if I can improve Valerie with 2-weapon fighting and shield bashing.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone know if crusader's flurry is in the game? I was just thinking of Jaethal going multi class as a cleric, monk and picking up monk flurry feats with her scythe.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yes when I made this char I used an Aasimar, so +3 wings eventually. Crane wing doesn't work with dualwielding kukries.
Interesting. Currently it works with Valerie with her tower shield and sword. Probably shouldn't though. But if/when they fix it, I'll probably just have her go unarmed with shield. Her damage output is negligible anyway.

drgames

Scholar
Animal companions are OP, especially Smilodon.

7MZlZz9.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom