Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Interesting. Currently it works with Valerie with her tower shield and sword. Probably shouldn't though. But if/when they fix it, I'll probably just have her go unarmed with shield. Her damage output is negligible anyway.
Well, the description says you need one hand free so I assumed it wouldn't work. Didn't test it. I definitely forgot +5 armor enhancement bonus from magic vestment.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I've just restarted as a Thassilonian Greed Wizard and I think I'm in love. Speccing him into Conjuration and Evokation for Sirocco. Feels the most powerful Arcane Caster archetype. Or at least the one I like most, not too fond of having a pet kitty be more important than my main char.

Sheepherder

Augur
How do weapons with speed property work? If I dual wield 2 speed daggers will I get two extra attacks? Does they stack with haste?

vazha

Arcane
Posted in the main thread, but Ekun's dog got knocked by the
lich under Lonely Barrow
and I can't get him to respawn. Resting doesn't work and the body is gone when I go back to the barrow.
If I respec him, he doesn't get a new dog.
Anyone know how to fix this, or, failing that, how should I build him?
you do remember that he s not supposed to get animal companion until lvl 4 right? Other than that, no clue

Yosharian

Arcane
The battle with the
bloom flower fucked me over, as in I had to reduce difficulty to get past it. Cleared the first part where the party is split with no problem, but the fucking hydra and, more specifically, the fucking spiders that spawn out of nowhere proved too much.
In that regard, I can only conclude that I fucked up my party. The line up was like this:
1. Inquisitor

2. Paladin

3. Harrim

4. Vivisectionist

5. Octavia
6. Fey Sylvan Sorcerer

I believe that what fucked me over was, first and foremost, a lack of summons and effective crow control. On the other hand, I am very dissatisfied with the performance of the melee guys. They hit hard, especially the paladin who has triple digit crits, but that is if they actually manage to hit something, even if I buff them to the eyes.

Inquisitor has to stay since that's the mc, and I'd rather not drop the pally because he generally rocks. Everything else can go and I'm considering replacing both Octavia and the sorc with 2 wizards (or 2 sorcs or 1 sorc and 1 wizard, haven't decided yet), Harrim with a better cleric and the viv with, dunno yet, a better dex sneak melee dude, Nok Nok or Eku.

Come on, let me have it, how bad did I fuck up and what can I salvage?
Just grab a bard.

Shadenuat

Arcane
A lot of Feats look questionable (and Harrim is outright terrible) but it's still stronger than any party I ever run, since I don't use mercs. You're playing Unfair?

a lack of summons
You have cleric and 2 arcane casters, how much more do you need, exactly?

The second fight against Flower you should have just brought Harrim there loaded with Summon Undead and spammed them in every corner before monsters drop. Octavia should have picked up Summon Monster V or Summon Elemental by now. And then there's Sorc.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
As the friendly demon said, grab spell focuses. Not just Necro on Harrim (so he can spam those juicy Boneshaker/Boneshatter) but also on your arcane casters, all those metamagics are kinda wasted on your sorceress if she can't break the targets victim's saves.

What's with the Paladin's Throw Anything?

Light armor on Octavia? That's a waste of a Spell Focus.

I don't see anyone who can go toe to toe with the enemies, no high AC man :)

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's free, although I wouldn't dip any of those into Vivi. These classes have their own abilities to reach and own ways of dealing extra damage (like Greater Bane). Like, hurrah for Inquisitor possibly never reaching level 6 spells during playthrough - depending on xp gained. Could have taken one of those pet/summon Inquisitors without any dips and contributed to party in a lot more strategic way.

Eh, munchkins.

Yosharian

Arcane
Care to elaborate, please?
Yosharian has cleric of Groetus in his sig, Harrim is basically that. He should have 2 Spell Focus Necromancy (or Evocation) & 2 Spell Penetration already.
Bear in mind that the feat progression is completely adaptable. When I made those builds it was with two assumptions, 1) the game's effective level cap was 20, not 16 as it appears to actually be, and 2) spell resistance enemies would start cropping up around level 11+, whereas it appears that they may come sooner than that.

I really need to do another pass on all of those builds.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Care to elaborate, please?
Yosharian has cleric of Groetus in his sig, Harrim is basically that. He should have 2 Spell Focus Necromancy (or Evocation) & 2 Spell Penetration already.
I assume you give Harrim a longspear and try to keep him behind the tank and out of trouble? He really can't into archery and on the front, without any defensive feats he's dead meat.

Andnjord

Arcane
2) spell resistance enemies would start cropping up around level 11+, whereas it appears that they may come sooner than that.
Meh, there's nothing terribly threatening that has Spell Resistance that can't be dealt with an axe to the face before that point. I think only the Bald Hilltop encounters do? Even then that's like two/three fights before that level 11.

Also, I've just made a monk for my lvl12 party of 4 (now 5) and holy crap. It feels like I just summoned Urgzzob into my campaign :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
A lot of things have SR, even starting Act 2. For example, 3 lizards in Witch Hut area actually have a pretty high SR. You might not notice it depending on how you deal with encounters (i.e. Might or Magic). Starting Act 3, magical beasts usually have it. And a few things around corners of the world (like Devourer guarding some magic stuff).

And of course there's Concealment, so if you shoot Rays, you need to deal with that too.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
A lot of things have SR, even starting Act 2. For example, 3 lizards in Witch Hut area actually have a pretty high SR. You might not notice it depending on how you deal with encounters (i.e. Might or Magic). Starting Act 3, magical beasts usually have it. And a few things around corners of the world (like Devourer guarding some magic stuff).
Ah, my mistake. Guess I tend to rely on lot on the proverbial axe to the face.

axedice

Cipher
Trickster build is really great but abyssal summoner seems a bit like a late bloomer. First few levels with sorc/monk can be a drag? Maybe a standard monster tactician with animal domain could be more effective with teamwork trip feat?

By endgame, those 7-8/good DR summons would be way more tankier but they'll always be 1 spell level lower as well.

Gregz

Arcane
OK, thanks guys.
:brodex:

I was never able to make anything decent in any D&D ruleset, since I'm not familiar with it outside of the IE games and NWN2 so I'm trying to make something up as I go along which usually leads to shit. Updated my .txt for 2nd playthrough.

edit: or maybe I should restart, this depressed me...:negative:

Just use the respec mod.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So is anyone thinking about a full caster party run?
No animal companions allowed :D

Shadenuat

Arcane
Halfling aldori defender duelist scaled fist paladin or some shit. I also managed to reach +35 Trip without buffs on it and tripped giant bears. DEX based.

The actual damage output is miserable though, so doesn't really contribute to the party. (from my biased caster oriented play)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom