Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Trashos

Arcane
Usually I get a fair share of respect around the Codex, but since Sunday it has been raining "retadred" ratings. I don't know why, I am trying to pinpoint what may have changed that influences the way I am preceived.

Efe

Erudite
Ah...actually that didn't work after all. :roll:

Maybe Owlcat will read this and decide it's not such a great idea to have a 4" x 8" page of opaque information obscuring over your screen everytime you mouse over an enemy.
I can only hope.
are you talking about inspect mode? look at bottom left, there should be an eye icon on your UI. turn that off

Can the TB mod be included into running saves? Can you un-install it again if you don't like the overall experience?

I was in parts put off how busy the Combat on this could be. Too much resolved at once, in particular on the higher levels (true to the source rules, mind). There's multiple attack rolls, saving throws, checks on concealment (only to be followed on the Combat log), concentration checks, and so much more. Forget about the feedback clutter. This is game-inherent. However, I'm cautious as to the combat encounters. Any real-time /with pause game tries to stretch the playtime with added trash mobs, and this is no different.

Jinn

Arcane
Can the TB mod be included into running saves? Can you un-install it again if you don't like the overall experience?

You can install it mid game. You won't have any real reason to uninstall it though, because you can toggle RTwP and Turn-based modes in game with the command alt+T.

As people including myself have said, we will often times toggle off turn-based mode if we're coming up against a lot of trash mobs, then turn it on again during more interesting encounters.

Sykar

Arcane
Ah...actually that didn't work after all. :roll:

Maybe Owlcat will read this and decide it's not such a great idea to have a 4" x 8" page of opaque information obscuring over your screen everytime you mouse over an enemy.
I can only hope.
are you talking about inspect mode? look at bottom left, there should be an eye icon on your UI. turn that off

Alternatively press "y".

Yosharian

Arcane

What? That was already available previously, at least during the previous big steam sale for sure.

The Royal Ascension DLC is just a bonus DLC available to those who purchase the Imperial Edition bundle. It just contains some special stuff:

Includes Soundtrack, Digital Artbook, two in-game portraits, board game module, hi rez map, and a red panda.

Trashos

Arcane
My 2nd playthrough is as a disabler Wizard. I started as a Universalist, but Universalist sucks and I restarted as an Enchanter. Opposition schools are Divination (LOL) and Abjuration. Abjuration duties are going to be covered by Harrim and Jubilost.

So, I will be focusing on Enchantment for targeting Will, and Necromancy for targeting Fortitude. The Illusion school is probably going to be helpful against late game enemies (Phantasmal Killer/Weird targeting both Will & Fortitude), but we will see if I can spare the feats to specialize in it.

I am not sure what to specialize in for targeting Reflexes. Conjuration may be good for the awesome Chains of Light, but it is only one spell. Transmutation has Web & Obsidian Flow, but such spells are irritating, as they affect my party too. Evocation generally targets Reflexes, but it is mostly for nuking, not disabling. Icy Prison is a disabling spell though.

I may go Evocation for Reflexes or I will live it completely to Jubilost to deal with Reflex-challenged enemies. Let me know if I am missing some good Reflex-targeting spell.

Trashos

Arcane
Grease and Stinking cloud are 2 of the best control spells and are conjuration. Glitterdust too

Grease works like Web, right? Meaning that the ground is going to be unavailable for my party too. I do not like these spells, they are annoying.

Stinking Cloud looks like cheese due to the way Delay Poison works, so I will probably be staying away from it. Still, that is legit good info, I am not complaining.

Glitterdust is good and I am using it, but it targets Will and I am overloaded with spells that target Will. I need to figure out how to target Reflexes properly. That said, between Glitterdust and Chains of Light Conjuration may indeed be a decent 3rd school for my needs.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Grease and Stinking cloud are 2 of the best control spells and are conjuration. Glitterdust too

Grease works like Web, right? Meaning that the ground is going to be unavailable for my party too. I do not like these spells, they are annoying.

Stinking Cloud looks like cheese due to the way Delay Poison works, so I will probably be staying away from it. Still, that is legit good info, I am not complaining.

Glitterdust is good and I am using it, but it targets Will and I am overloaded with spells that target Will. I need to figure out how to target Reflexes properly. That said, between Glitterdust and Chains of Light Conjuration may indeed be a decent 3rd school for my needs.

Not like Web. The aoe is much smaller and the duration is 10x shorter. Much less annoying.
Plus if you aim it well and park your melees just outside the radius, they will get Attacks of Opportunity on enemies that try to get back up.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Not like Web. The aoe is much smaller and the duration is 10x shorter. Much less annoying.
Plus if you aim it well and park your melees just outside the radius, they will get Attacks of Opportunity on enemies that try to get back up.

eldritch arcana mod adds a spell like abliity that allows you to cancel aoe spells you have casted.

deuxhero

Arcane

One of my favorite combos was having an abberant bloodrager (who is immune to nauseated) in a stinking cloud smashing the enemies who were getting intimidated and taking penalties to their follow up saves in return. Even if the AI was smart enough to leave the cloud (it is not), they'd eat AoOs for doing so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom