Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There's little reason at all to not finish everything possible in chapter 1 during chapter 1. AFAIK every other timer in the game is based on number of days since finishing chapter 1, so it's literally free time. Plus Boggards are grease-bait. Even if you have to rest for every fight, it's time saved in the end. Only reason I can see not to do it is if you are playing Ironman since all those enemies can absolutely one-shot you on a bad roll.

Boggards are fun to do, but the real boss of chapter 1 is the Ratnook alchemist. The encounter is a piece of cake with Stinking Cloud but I don't think there's a reasonable way to get that before Stag Lord, is there?

laughingwhores.jpg
Brofist but the Storyteller's stuff is actually worth reading.

There's little reason at all to not finish everything possible in chapter 1 during chapter 1. AFAIK every other timer in the game is based on number of days since finishing chapter 1, so it's literally free time. Plus Boggards are grease-bait. Even if you have to rest for every fight, it's time saved in the end. Only reason I can see not to do it is if you are playing Ironman since all those enemies can absolutely one-shot you on a bad roll.

Boggards are fun to do, but the real boss of chapter 1 is the Ratnook alchemist. The encounter is a piece of cake with Stinking Cloud but I don't think there's a reasonable way to get that before Stag Lord, is there?

laughingwhores.jpg

My MC typically hits Level 6 at the Staglord's gates. You can certainly get stinking cloud for the Ratnook cave. Agreed on its difficulty.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If you can disarm the trap outside the Cave (high Perception + high Trickery with no EXP reward for Trickery check) you can catch them unawares instead of vice versa. Faerie Fire removes both Invis and Displacement if he gets that off. Glitterdust just the Invis. Clerics get Resist Fire, Communal at lvl five so that's when you can take a run at it if you can use the Shortsword or Kukri I guess. O/W can wait for Jub who wants the Vest. Wand is decent.

For some reason Wererats are LE so one of the few places in the game you can use your anti-Lawful stuff (Harrim has some).

The Rogue is level 8 but can't Sneak you if he can't flank, and the other guy is only lvl 2 so taking him out prevents a lot of the danger.

Cael

Arcane

laughingwhores.jpg
Resist Energy (Fire) or Resist Energy (Fire), Communal.

Alchemist becomes a speedbump.

Desiderius

Patron
It only Resists ten pts until lvl 7, so he can still wear you down thru that if you don’t have a plan to end the fight reasonably quickly.

Max Damage

Savant
Until WotR gets its bugs ironed and all DLC is out, I'm sticking with Kingmaker, so here's to another 1000 pages
:excellent:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
KiPYZp3.png

1000th page and 1000 hours played!!!

cruel

Cipher
So, I'm looking at this:

https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Kingdom_events

And it seems that each of [Troll Sightings, Raids, Rampage] Kingdom Events is +3 military on success. Problem: I killed Hargulka already, before completing any of those 3. When I returned back, Troll Sightings is not available any more. Does it mean I made a mistake by killing Hargulka too early, and lost 3x 3 = 9 military points? Or should I assume that completing any of those will cause the next one to not happen, so total +3 military instead of +9 lost? Or possibly all of this doesn't matter at all in the long run?

Desiderius

Patron
They tie up Mil Advisor for a month each so ultimately arent worth it. They eventually do end up coming too fast to complete them but you only need to wait until second Lone House quest is triggered. Good idea to clear it then to free up Mil Advisor.

First one is triggered by encounter with merchant Dalton in North Narlmarches (thats where I usually hit him) in area around the river where you get Jub. That unlocks Bart’s lab for looting and Lone House has good loot/EXP. Second quest resets traps, spawns a bunch of trolls, and generates quest for Bart’s wand in Trobold.

Second quest a month after first so time to do a couple rank-ups. Even got North Narl claimed and made capital a Town in Ch2 this run for first time.

Last edited:
Reading this thread makes me want to do another run. I'd like to do a full tilt evil path, since I've done CN and LG. A bit worried about stomaching the companions though. I'm not sure if I want to do a gentleman swordman style character or kineticist. Maybe do a kinetic knight as a compromise? Hrm. I still have a backlog though. Choices.

Desiderius

Patron
The companions get better as you go. Try CotW for some interesting twists on their classes.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
CotW is a godsend of a mod, it seriously increases the fun factor. Respect to Holic.

Yosharian

Arcane
So, I'm looking at this:

https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Kingdom_events

And it seems that each of [Troll Sightings, Raids, Rampage] Kingdom Events is +3 military on success. Problem: I killed Hargulka already, before completing any of those 3. When I returned back, Troll Sightings is not available any more. Does it mean I made a mistake by killing Hargulka too early, and lost 3x 3 = 9 military points? Or should I assume that completing any of those will cause the next one to not happen, so total +3 military instead of +9 lost? Or possibly all of this doesn't matter at all in the long run?
You made a mistake by taking Kingdom Management seriously

But honestly those troll events are a massive pain in the ass. I always go kill Hargulka immediately

Desiderius

Patron
Underleveled and underequipped. Why not just play Depths if you’re mailing in the main game that badly?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom