Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Magic Weapon, Greater stacking in Wrath had a much bigger impact since it made most DR tirivial.
As if Bane of Spirit ring didn't already exist to make all DR non-existent.

Armor/Shield was already fine. Unarmored isn't costless. Bad meme is bad.
Pets literally can't wear armor in kingmaker so its not a meaningless distinction.

Vestment only hits +2 at lvl 8 and by that time the game is already getting easier.
It works on both armor and shield though so it's +4 if you really need to tank something.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I really need to tank several things (or not really in KM, didn’t use to bother) but game already has enough AC to do so outside maybe Harg where that’s not intended play.

Pajama Monk isn’t a pet, correct

Bane ring takes awhile to show up, takes an item slot, and is kind of a pain in more ways than one. MW stacking started making a difference as soon as it could be cast.

Desiderius

Patron
As usual, with time to give it thought Daidre has a point.

(1) Shield Bashers can struggle to do enough damage to stay relevant compared to two-handers and doubling up on that extra 2d6 *would* be worth a Slayer Talent and then some. My Wrath Slayer was getting a lot from Aeon abilities and spells plus extra damage packets that he wouldn't get here.

(2) Delaying the others? Probably since he can get the one he really needs - Shield Mastery - at lvl 6 after picking up Shield Bash at lvl 4.

(3) The +2 Will from the first ability is relevant for a melee Shield Slayer where that save is usually a weakness and he'd be in the thick of the fight.

(4) Diehard is an ability that's usually a bad idea on MC since it can turn an unlucky crit that would usually just knock you unconscious into a wipe since MC death goes straight to reload. The upside is that it prevents the usual AoOs triggered from healing an unconscious character since with Diehard going into negative HP doesn't knock you prone. With the extra AC from the Shield he's less likely to simply take the next hit that kill you.

Tristian has an obscure ability from Healing Domain called Rebuke Death that's usually unusable for that reason (AoO triggers), but with Diehard you can use that while quaffing a pot and be in decent shape. The Slayer Talent that prevents AoOs is also relevant here to cover a retreat.

(5) The downside of Deliverer is that alignments vary more in KM than Wrath. Probably want to choose Lawful but many of the most dangerous foes are NE.

Last edited:

Litmanen

Educated
Ohhh, finally guys, I'm level 9, just killed Crag Linnamon on Unfair and I can say that I've understood how to play, in the end:

you cast spells, you prepare to battle with strategy and intelligence and avoid Royal Rumbles.

It was easy.

Barbarian

Arcane
What is the deal on merc advisors? Two particular positions where I can't stand any of the available npc choices is regent and general, the rest is fine. I tried Valerie and Kassil this run but couldn't stand them as well. I'm also playing this game on chaotic neutral alignment. Lander is available but he doesn't stick with you throughout the game and his advice leans more to "chaotic stupid" than actually chaotic neutral.

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Grand Diplome - Bartholomew
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

So I would create a max charisma merc for the regent position(a sorcerer I guess) and a max strenght merc for the general position(any martial class). If I remember correctly they get no dialogue on kingdom decisions, instead defaulting to some neutral decision without your input? They also have a flat -4 penalty compared to npc advisors.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
What is the deal on merc advisors? Two particular positions where I can't stand any of the available npc choices is regent and general, the rest is fine. I tried Valerie and Kassil this run but couldn't stand them as well. I'm also playing this game on chaotic neutral alignment. Lander is available but he doesn't stick with you throughout the game and his advice leans more to "chaotic stupid" than actually chaotic neutral.

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

So I would create a max charisma merc for the regent position(a sorcerer I guess) and a max strenght merc for the general position(any martial class). If I remember correctly they get no dialogue on kingdom decisions, instead defaulting to some neutral decision without your input? They also have a flat -4 penalty compared to npc advisors.
Too many drawbacks for NPC advisors. Although why you would not give Amiri the Generalship is rather unbecoming of your handle...

Barbarian

Arcane

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

Too many drawbacks for NPC advisors. Although why you would not give Amiri the Generalship is rather unbecoming of your handle...

Amiri is unbecoming of Barbarians and one of the most annoying characters in this game. Armag and Dugath are alright though.

Desiderius

Patron

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

Amiri is unbecoming of Barbarians and one of the most annoying characters in this game. Armag and Dugath are alright though.

You're the king. Whip her into shape!

Barbarian

Arcane

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

You're the king. Whip her into shape!

The game does not allow you to send her to the kitchen.

You can however send her packing.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

Redrogar as a Dragon Disciple is darned good for rolls as his strength can get through the roof. But his adviser level up decisions are dog poop. One of the few that can get your kingdom happiness reduced.

Yosharian

Arcane

Regent - Merc?
General - Merc?
Councillor - Tsanna
High Priest - Harrim
Treasurer - Kanerah
Warden - Kesten
Magister - Storyteller
Curator - Linzi
Espionage - Jubilost

It's pretty hard to fuck up a barbarian companion but they managed it

Desiderius

Patron
A game gives you the opportunity to literally put two delusionally stronk wimmen in their place and still you whine and cry like little girls.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
https://www.dualshockers.com/owlcat-pathfinder-kingmaker-rights/#:~:text=As both ex-subsidiaries are,could not update the game.

Owlcat Games Has Control Over Pathfinder: Kingmaker Once More After Losing Rights Several Years Ago​

By Jack Coleman
Published 2 days ago
Thread

Follow
Link copied to clipboard

Sign In To Your DualShockers Account

Pathfinder Kingmaker Field

Owlcat Games, developers of beloved CRPGs Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader has reunited with My.Games. Just like Owlcat, My.Games was a subsidiary of Mail.Ru before it became independent in 2022 (Owlcat split off in 2019).

Owlcat Games was still owned by Mail.Ru when it published its debut game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker. As the previous gaming arm of the company, My.Games held the rights to Mail.Ru's gaming properties. The now-independent My.Games has launched a premium publishing arm, Knight's Peak, with oversight over games like Starship Troopers: Extermination.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Townscape Hanging

As both ex-subsidiaries are now independent, Knight's Peak has reunited Owlcat with its debut title Pathfinder: Kingmaker. After Owlcat left the company in 2019, they stopped earning royalties from Kingmaker and could not update the game. Fans are hoping they'll see a couple of patches for Kingmaker now that Owlcat is back in control.
Knight's Peak told Game Rant that the partnership is a 'homecoming'. "What we want to bring across is that we're bringing this game home," they said. "We are happy to have so many former members who worked on this game in the past and now we are bringing it home to Knight's Peak, so we're basically getting the band back together."

Nothing has been promised by Owlcat or Knight's Peak, but the partnership may allow for future updates to Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Pathfinder Kingmaker Dark Night At Camp

After going independent following the release of Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Owlcat released Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in 2021, earning an 83 Metascore on the review aggregator Metacritic. The final expansion for Wrath of the Righteous, A Dance of Masks, is set to release on June 13.
Owlcat released Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader in December. In our 8.2/10 review of the CRPG, we called it "a shining star for fans of the setting who appreciate a narrative focus."
It seems like.. Owlcat got Kingmaker's right back?

NOOOO they are going to NERF EVERYTHING

Fuck!
I will gladly bear all of this if they will just let my king ride a dinosaur. Preferably while holding court.

Realistically if they fix 200 bugs they'll mistakenly add at least 50 new ones to abuse.

Litmanen

Educated
Hi guys, here we are again. I'm finally level 10 and I trying to save my capital from "The Bloom".
And that shouldn't be a problem, right now, even on unfair. I think I can manage it easily.

But I have another question: the DLC. I have to play it "aside" and I can import a savegame from my main story to make it attune to it. Ok, that's ok. And than I have to create a new main character and also several companions (since, I've read, those given to you are not important nor enough for a good run). Is it right?

Once I finish it, I have to export/import this savegame from the DLC in the maingame (how can I do it?) and what I did there will be "brought" in the main story...

Is it worth it? Does it make any sense to play? It will not change the xp of my group, right?

I think importing your character into the DLC is only so that when your (DLC) characters see your (main story) character they'll look the same rather than be a generic stand in.

Completing the DLC adds a few items found in the DLC to a merchant in the maingame. I think if you want them then you need to have the DLC ready before you progress the story to the point where it asks you to import your DLC game.

It will not give XP to your main game party or any kind of quests or anything, it's purely a few extra items to buy.

The exact item list is here: https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Goblin_Merchant

Litmanen

Educated
I think importing your character into the DLC is only so that when your (DLC) characters see your (main story) character they'll look the same rather than be a generic stand in.

Completing the DLC adds a few items found in the DLC to a merchant in the maingame. I think if you want them then you need to have the DLC ready before you progress the story to the point where it asks you to import your DLC game.

It will not give XP to your main game party or any kind of quests or anything, it's purely a few extra items to buy.

The exact item list is here: https://pathfinderkingmaker.fandom.com/wiki/Goblin_Merchant
Ok, I think I'll do the DLC just after the Seed of Sorrow main quest ends (hopefully soon).

Barbarian

Arcane
I tested the debilitating strike feature with two rogues, if anyone is interested.

Two rogues applying the same debilitation seems to prolong the effect for 1 round(duration 2 rounds instead of one). Two rogues applying each a different debilitation applies both effects on the target(i.e: bewildering injury and hampering injury both applier for 1 round).

Double debilitation is indeed bugged and not working. It seems to randomly work and apply both effects, but it is a wasted feat. Unless you consider it working every once in a while worth the feat tax.

Duration of debilitation seems to bug out sometimes and become "permanent" instead of 1-2 rounds duration. This also appear to be quite random.

Barbarian

Arcane

Ok, I think I'll do the DLC just after the Seed of Sorrow main quest ends (hopefully soon).

One of the best weapons in the game(a falcata) and other items can be imported if you finish the dlc. If your dlc character was a woman or a faggot and romanced Varn you also get ending slides and etc.

Barbarian

Arcane
Is "beguiling aura" considered a gaze effect? Because my characters who have blind fight feat are falling to this. Want to know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.

This is against the nereids in lake silverstep.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is "beguiling aura" considered a gaze effect? Because my characters who have blind fight feat are falling to this. Want to know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something.

This is against the nereids in lake silverstep.
Beguiling Aura isn't tagged as a Gaze Attack, at least according to the wiki, so you won't be protected from it by Blind Fight, even though it makes logical sense that you would be

Any creature sexually attracted to women runs the risk of being beguiled by a nereid, if it looks upon her beauty from a distance of less than 30 feet. If the creature fails a DC 23 Will save, it is immediately fascinated. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Compare this to Wild Gaze, which is tagged Mind-Affecting, Sight, Gaze Attack, so you're properly protected from it by Blind Fight.

Litmanen

Educated
Hi guys, do you know how to remove "Cackle Fever"? I'm in the second floor of Beneath Stolen Lands and Ekundayo has got this Fever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom