Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Patch 1.2 – January 24th, 2019 - Feedback thread

Hello Pathfinders,
A new update is upon us and it is massive. Find the extensive notes here:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

A small overview of the Patch Highlights:
  • System: Loading times have been significantly reduced.
  • New setting: you can now choose to significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.
  • Multiple difficulty improvements in Chapters 6 and 7.
  • New feature: you can now enable camera following. Just double-click a character's portrait or hit F to enable it and disable it by manually controlling the camera (WASD, arrow keys or pressing on the mouse wheel). Camera-following is also automatically disabled on battle start.
  • New feature: to save yourself a loading screen, you can now hover your mouse cursor over the table in the throne room, and you'll see an exclamation mark if anything new has happened in kingdom management while you were gone.
  • The Storyteller now provides the total number of artifact shards needed to assemble an artifact.
  • Numerous visual and user interface improvements.

Dear pathfinders,

As the new year takes its course, we are happy to announce that we're ready to share Version 1.2!

This new pack of fixes and improvements is based on your suggestions we keep receiving both from forums and the in-game reporting system (available by pressing F11). Thank you so much for your contribution - your feedback lets us make the game better every day!

We know that a lot of our players are complaining about the long load times. It's a serious technical issue and, unfortunately, we cannot fix it in one fell swoop. However, we're doing our best to mitigate this pain. We have been able to greatly decrease initial loading time in previous patches. And there is a major improvement in Kingdom management interface we implemented in this patch that will eliminate loading time between different Kingdom UI windows. We keep looking for other things we could do to fix this problem, so stay tuned for further improvements!

Be aware that the update is really huge - you will have to download around 18 Gb! The reason the update is so big is that we are working on the loading time issue, so we had to repack almost all game data.

We would like to thank all of you who are sending us the bug reports with the typos. We are doing our best to correct them as soon as they are discovered. Thanks to you all, the Version 1.2 holds a large number of such fixes!

Finally, let us assure you once more that work on the Pathfinder: Kingmaker will not stop for a single day. Right now, the development team keeps working on the next patch which should fix - as we hope - all known issues that remain on our task list.

Sincerely yours,
Owlcats.

hell bovine

Arcane
So I did Jaethal's quest in Valley of the Dead with my Paladin yesterday. Of course there was a bug involved,
I told her she cannot raise other priest as undead and learn the special ritual, then Enneo shows up with his buddies and tells me his sob story. LG response is to ally with Enneo although he is an evil bastard as well.. but I do pick it. Now Jaethal become hostile and 15 of us pound on her. She dies fast but as soon as combat ends she gets up with 1 life.. we bring her down again and as soon as combat ends she gets up again :D ..this now happens 10 times until I load a save and choose a NG option where I side with Jaethal and kill Enneo and his crew.
I guess game wanted to make sure people choose a "right" side in this conflict :D

That bug is old. You can report to the guy in between rounds and he'll accept the quest as finished, though no idea what it does to the endgame.

PrettyDeadman

1.2 significantly improved loading times for me (both initial loading of the game and save loading speed up by ~20-50%).
It's still a bit slow though...

Incendax

Augur
Initial Load = Much Faster.
Kingdom Management = Wonderfully Fast.
Throne Room > City Square = Still Pretty Shit.

Riel

Arcane
I have downloaded it, it does seem to load a lot faster in general. I haven't really played, I am probably going to start a new play through but I want to wait for some feed back on its state.

cw8

Cipher
Good about the loading times. Time to start a new game once I'm free or I'll wait for the 2nd DLC to come. Completed the game early last month, waiting for more content so I can hit levels 19-20 before endgame or at endgame.

Jinn

Arcane
Good about the loading times. Time to start a new game once I'm free or I'll wait for the 2nd DLC to come. Completed the game early last month, waiting for more content so I can hit levels 19-20 before endgame or at endgame.

I don't believe the 2nd DLC is going to be taking place mid or post current campaign. As far as I know, it's a separate entity.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Kingdom management loads quickly for me now with 8 GB RAM.
Area transitions are still a pain though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
download it while at work, duh
level up your 3rd world skillz
i have this irrational fear if i turn my computer on when i am away it's gonna catch fire and burn the whole complex. chance of happening is probably less than 1% maybe 10% if there is heavy thunderstorm but still/

Kingdom management loads almost instantly, but I swear it feels like area transitions are slower than they were pre-patch. Not only that, my goddamn flappy capes got fucked up and now they're awkward wooden boards sticking out at angles. This is the greatest atrocity the developers have yet committed!

99FD51F02C02716EF36A00A0B222CAD5FBC44A7F

ArchAngel

Arcane
i have this irrational fear if i turn my computer on when i am away it's gonna catch fire and burn the whole complex. chance of happening is probably less than 1% maybe 10% if there is heavy thunderstorm but still/
I have been leaving my work computer running for years now as I leave for home and it has not happened yet :D

Sykar

Arcane
Kingdom management loads almost instantly, but I swear it feels like area transitions are slower than they were pre-patch. Not only that, my goddamn flappy capes got fucked up and now they're awkward wooden boards sticking out at angles. This is the greatest atrocity the developers have yet committed!

99FD51F02C02716EF36A00A0B222CAD5FBC44A7F

Got the same bug with the cloaks though it feels to me that load times are in general lower though kingdom management is the most noticeable which is very welcome.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have been leaving my work computer running for years now as I leave for home and it has not happened yet :D
"yet" is the key. it's like revenge. it will come the moment you least expect it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It is 100% if you are running a Unity game ;)
No joke. Whenever I run a Unity game, my fans go to 100% and everything buzzes like mad, and it still goes blazing hot, whether anything warrants it or not. It's fucking amazing, really, considering that most Unity games are by no means high-end, graphically.

Never leave Unity games unattended, kids. If not because of fire hazards, do it because of the electricity bill. I swear it'd be less costly to mine cryptocurrency.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom