Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, nobody has written a review on Pathfinder yet? Duuuuude. :?

:desu:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/1719714341822678325

Hotfix 1.2.1 – January 28th, 2019
28 JAN @ 5:10PM - THEZEISONSHA

Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • Epilogues could finished incorrectly in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Amiri could have several copies of her sword. Resolution: fixed. Extra copies will disappear when entering the "Throne room" area.
Areas
  • The game crashed when entering the "Grocery Stalls" area. Resolution: fixed.
Kingdom
  • Economy rank up II got stuck if Kanerah was assigned as Treasurer. Resolution: fixed.
User Interfaces
  • The players were unable to access the custom portraits while starting a new game. Resolution: fixed.
  • Mousing over the kingdom management table at the "Throne room" area was displaying two of the same tabs. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some creature's abilities didn't show when Inspecting. Resolution: fixed.
Items
  • Passive bonuses from artisian's rod didn't work if there was no charges. Resolution: fixed.

purpleblob

Savant
When you enter Irovetti palace and go left and open a door into one of the rooms. You will see big Trolls on the other side. There is a named enemy in the room as well but he is to the side and you don't see him until you run into the room

Ah, that guy. Yep, that was a fun encounter.

2 gnomes I didn't fight. This was another example of awesome C&C of this game. If you did the final part of Jubilost quest and chose to give the Gift to a random gnome, that random gnome is a sister of these two gnomes that you killed previously. She comes in and takes all 3 of them to First World.

Oh wow, I never even thought about choosing that option. Pretty cool. I wonder whether it has any impact on Jubilost later on though?

purpleblob

Savant
In case anyone is interested, here's the complete list of artisan masterpieces:

* Bokken (Alchemist) - Elixir of inconceivable transmutations of body, and soul, and also mind (+2 to ability scores, permanent)
* Dragn (Dwarven Smit) - Onslaught (Mithril Full Plate +5, +8 strength +20 speed)
* Irene (Arcane) - Grandmaster's Rod (MAximize + Empower 3x/day, ignore spell resistance and immunity)
* Trival (Leatherworker) - Royal Guardian (max Dex bonus of +15, increase max HP by 20, +5 AC studded light armor)
* Mim (Jeweler) - Great Dreamer's Smile (+2 luck bonus on attack and damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and penetration checks, immunity to curses)
* Shaynih'a (Monk) - Mastery (Fauchard +5, adds +5 to all CMB and does damage as if on hit when CMB succeeds, grants permanent Freedom of movement and immune to trip+bullrush)
* Nazrelle (Weaponsmith) - Perfection (Longsword +5, +2 All saves, attacks, AC, skills)
* Kimo (Woodworker) - Mirror Bow (Composite Longbow +5, Attacking with this bow fires an extra projectile for 1d4+1/2 strength bonus damage)
* Sharel (Tailor) - Ambrosial Attire of Arcane Annihilation (robe, +4 attack with rays, +1 damage per die fire, acid, force, cold, electric spells, +4 spell pen)
* Varrask (Orcish Smith) - Dragon's Essence (Greataxe +5, cast dragonskin III once a day)

I only managed to get two so far :(

ArchAngel

Arcane
I got the elixir, mithril full plate and I think the fauchard. I told Irene to pack out of the kingdom as my LG paladin does not want smugglers and I am not doing the last quest for Varrask as I would also need to kick him out after it. I will not get his masterpiece but at least he brings stuff that I can sell.
I would love to get that bow for my Linzi archer but I didn't upgrade that region, just used last upgrade on Mim's region.

Jinn

Arcane
Let's hope Owlcat parts ways with them before their next project...

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So after the past few weeks of mostly NWN2 and expansions, I bought this yesterday and went to build a character and was met with roughly a dozen classes with 4 separate subdivisions under each class, before even getting to prestige classes. Then I found out there's a way to get a wings feat for your character after NWN2 not having them. I think I'm in love. I then made my first character that was useless in the first few fights and am now trying to figure out how to make an actually good character. I'll probably just make a fighter or paladin first since those tend to be pretty easy to not mess up.

Fairfax

Arcane
MCA clarified the adventure module situation:

Weird. I didn't write a 600 page module, I think the mod (at least in the 2nd post?) is saying the original module had that many pages (the original Kingmaker adventure path, that is, all six modules), but the way the 2nd post is written it's easy to imply that my module's 600 pages.

Anyway, I only wrote 32, got 13 pages of feedback from Paizo (almost all incorporated, but there was a lot to revise), and I asked for help with the encounter design from Owlcat (which came in last week), so the next draft is on me.

I wouldn't want anyone to think it was originally 600 pages, though - the intention was always 32 pages.

ArchAngel

Arcane
My guess is because of this: https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-epic-store-steam/

But I don't know why these Codexers care about what popamole games and their devs do...

Because it's the same publisher as our cherished non-popamole incline sudio, Owlcat?

I mean, as long as the next Owlcat game doesn't come out exclusively on the Epic game store, I couldn't care less.
Unless next Owlcat game is a big name AAA game I doubt Deep Silver will do one store exclusive deal.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Aren't you a funny one. I also think Kingmaker is a massive incline, voted it GOTY. Yes, the last two chapters have issues but overall it's a massive incline.
Agreed. If I had more time for gaming atm, I'd definitely replay it, bugs included.

Trying out the DLC stuff for the first time. The new class is... interesting. I had no experience with Kineticist in pnp whatsoever, so I had to learn what it does from scratch. Decided to make Valerie a Kinetic Knight and screw tower shields. Picked fire to start with for those intimidation feats. I swear I am going to finish the game this time and not keep restarting.
Apparently earth gets trip on the kinetic blasts and can eventually make it into a no-save aoe? (except for the kinetic knight? if I understand this archetype correctly) Anyone who can mass faceplant enemies will have a much easier time in PK, but if you can mass faceplant without a saving throw, that's just ridiculous. (now if I only had the time to test it... :()

The no-save part is for aoe 1/2 blast damage per round. Additional special effects, such as bouldering trip, still test the relevant save/CMD. But testing it every round in a pulsing aoe should still be nice.

BTW. a dedicated trip character with Mastery fauchard can hit north of 50 CMB.

Fire is nice for touch attacks and double fire Blue Flame is the only energy (touch AC) composite blast. Also fire is the only energy blast that can be made to ignore Spell Resistance.

But Electric (or double earth - metal) has the nice magnetic infusion which debuffs AC by - 4.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The difficulty spike coming from trash mobs is driving me crazy,
The main mishap with the endgame though as balanced by Owlcat is really just the previous experience rewards. Parties just aren't high enough level when they have to fight lvl20 wild hunt mobs. If people were lvl 18/19 at that point they could clear out entire rooms with WotB or Weird and there wouldn't be as many complaints.
You're incorrectly assuming that most players actually open their spellbooks or even have wizards in party.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just did my first wild hunt battle as part of the Ancient Curse quest. I probably over prepared for it but I didn't have any problems murdering them all. New Xp gain probably helps. Lvl 17 Tristian with lvl 9 spells and access to Elemental Swarm helps (although fire elementals do nothing to wild hunt as they got 15 DR vs normal damage and 10 DR vs fire damage but they are a buffer for taking damage).

Their crystal attack seem like it might be irritating later. Damage is not much (3d6) but it cannot be resisted and if enough of them target same target it accumulates.

Also the weapon you get that gives you one cast per day of Heroic Inspiration as lvl 17 caster is insane lol. Anyone that is not using that to buff their party is an idiot. It lasts almost 3 ingame hours.

I also got the crafters masterwork longsword and bow. Bow is especially nice weapon for dedicated archers.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just did my first wild hunt battle as part of the Ancient Curse quest. I probably over prepared for it but I didn't have any problems murdering them all. New Xp gain probably helps. Lvl 17 Tristian with lvl 9 spells and access to Elemental Swarm helps (although fire elementals do nothing to wild hunt as they got 15 DR vs normal damage and 10 DR vs fire damage but they are a buffer for taking damage).

Their crystal attack seem like it might be irritating later. Damage is not much (3d6) but it cannot be resisted and if enough of them target same target it accumulates.

Also the weapon you get that gives you one cast per day of Heroic Inspiration as lvl 17 caster is insane lol. Anyone that is not using that to buff their party is an idiot. It lasts almost 3 ingame hours.

I also got the crafters masterwork longsword and bow. Bow is especially nice weapon for dedicated archers.

Getting lvl 9 spells sooner would definitely have helped with the grind of chapter 6 and 7.

Yosharian

Arcane

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A few hours in and I don't get all the complaints about difficulty. I'm playing on medium (with permadeath disabled, because fuck that) and find most fights easy. Just died for the first time fighting the Ethnic League faggets that took a party member as a slave. Loaded and completely curbstomped them.

Maybe it's because the last RPG I played was D:OS2 on the ultra-retarded Tactitian mode where everything has a billion HP and has forcefields around it, and you die like 10 times in every fight but combat here seems pretty reasonable.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I found an irritating bug with line spells. They don't fire in direction you point them at. I had this happen with Kineticist Torrent, Lightning Bolt and some other spells. Sure way to have it happen is to have your character move, pause as it is still moving or started stopping and then choose a spell and cast it in a direction. It will fire in some other direction instead of where you clicked at..

ArchAngel

Arcane
A few hours in and I don't get all the complaints about difficulty. I'm playing on medium (with permadeath disabled, because fuck that) and find most fights easy. Just died for the first time fighting the Ethnic League faggets that took a party member as a slave. Loaded and completely curbstomped them.

Maybe it's because the last RPG I played was D:OS2 on the ultra-retarded Tactitian mode where everything has a billion HP and has forcefields around it, and you die like 10 times in every fight but combat here seems pretty reasonable.
Play on Unfair if you want less than reasonable combat :P

hell bovine

Arcane
Which is why not being able to loot dead companions in the house is v. annoying. It's quite easy to lose equipment that way when you play for the first time.

Wolfe

Arbiter
It boggles my mind how much stuff there is to do in this game. It says I've played roughly 45 hours and I've only got to Season of Bloom. Are the other chapters any shorter? I'm having a blast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom