Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wriggling Man is Octavia + super wand Disintegrate points finger = poof.

And in the books he is supposed to time stop, fly and restore from little pieces. Too bad.

Also in the books castle of knives supposed to have gargantuan flying owlbears I was disappointed Owlcats missed the opportunity.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Nevermind, I messed it up, it works now. I still need to find the third key.
In the basement map there's a room to the lower left with lots of ankous, in that room there is a mirror. If you are in that version you're right. Then go the the east of the map, in a circular room approx in the middle-> go east thru the fog but hold before the next fog, de-quip lantern, go east thru fog, re-quip lantern, go east, there's a wild hunt encounter that drops the key.
Here's a video that shows it if you can't find it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ym_Gsfng0

Shadenuat

Arcane
You can easily test it on 1st level necro rays anyway so I don't know why even ask this question actually.

I did and no, SA is not added to rays that don't do damage, be it stat or level damage. Used Impromtu SA to be sure.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
I am absolutely certain Fiery Body used to protect from Mandragora swarms, 2 of my solo unfair characters were arcane casters and I tanked swarms exclusively with that buff. Having said that, I have not touched an arcane caster in a while so I have no clue if that is still the case. Either way, whether you can or you cannot resist the drain with it, you need 8 or so siroccos with fiery body to out regenerate their damage, its really not worth the effort considering how slow they are, much better to just kite and throw other spells.

As far as Siroket goes, you can just cast Icy prison and then walk around for a bit. She won't be able to run fast enough to catch you.

purpleblob

Augur
when is the varnhold dlc coming out?they said february.

Does DLC 2 (Varnhold's Lot) have a release date yet? Supposed to be released this month.

I'd say it will be delayed - I think THQ Nordic is pushing Owlcats for the console release. https://mb.cision.com/Main/15049/2739676/990029.pdf <-- THQ Nordic interim report, page 8 lists announced/planned game releases, including console release of Kingmaker.

As a token of our gratitude, we'd like to offer you a free download of the Premium Digital Edition of our studio's next game,

I want all the delicious detail :D If it's another Pathfinder game, I'm going for early access edition again :D

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Doubt it's gonna be Pathfinder related, it was probably soemthing already in development.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How to do region upgrades? I just got done restoring the bronze fortress and the game told me I unlocked a new region upgrade - I have no idea what that is or where to find them in the interface?

purpleblob

Augur
Bronze fortress is one of the region upgrade. Click on each of your settlement in kingdom management map and you will see 2 to 3 region upgrade options per region.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Bronze fortress is one of the region upgrade. Click on each of your settlement in kingdom management map and you will see 2 to 3 region upgrade options per region.

Click where? There's nothing on the main management screen as far as I can see? Or within the building screen?

purpleblob

Augur
In the kingdom management, click on "map" tab, then click on your settlement (like your capital).

I will post a screenshot when I get home

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In the kingdom management, click on "map" tab, then click on your settlement (like your capital)

wat?

JOIBP4A.jpg

Incendax

Augur
Anyone know if Enervation works with sneak attack?
It does not. I just tested it, and could not get any sneak attack damage from Enervate even with an Arcane Trickster.
There might be some extremely obscure item combination that adds damage to ray attacks, thus generating an opportunity for sneak attack, but I don't remember running into any such item.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I am absolutely certain Fiery Body used to protect from Mandragora swarms, 2 of my solo unfair characters were arcane casters and I tanked swarms exclusively with that buff.
Pondering this you know what I suspect? My druid cast fire storm and sirocco into the area. She had a bow equiped but she does have the dex draining sickle in a different not active equipment slot. How about that? That would explain the inexplicable dex drain on my fiery body guys.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
*sigh* if that's the reason then Chilly midnight has been bugged since... 4 months :(
I wonder why some issues take so long to be dealt with?

To everyone: I alreayd asked, and noone replied, I stopped playing before 1.2. Do divine casters multi now calculate spell duration correctly? As in the duration of spells use both classes?

Sharpedge

Prophet
I am absolutely certain Fiery Body used to protect from Mandragora swarms, 2 of my solo unfair characters were arcane casters and I tanked swarms exclusively with that buff.
Pondering this you know what I suspect? My druid cast fire storm and sirocco into the area. She had a bow equiped but she does have the dex draining sickle in a different not active equipment slot. How about that? That would explain the inexplicable dex drain on my fiery body guys.

This seems like a plausible explanation. I was actually thinking of playing a Fire Domain melee druid next and then use fiery body to deal with the many stat drains. You had me a little concerned there.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
well, mandragora warms.... are like 3 encounters the whole game? And the one in HATEOT you can metaknowledge it by dropping multiple sciroccos, web, obsiddian flow, tar pits, the lvl9 ice cleric spell (polar midnight? Can't remember the name), and w/e. Not worth picking fire domain for that IMHO even if it worked.

Sharpedge

Prophet
It deals with a lot of stuff, not just the mandragora swarms. At end game, the pet is basically useless compared to your character and the concept of the build I was planning was, "throw down polar midnight and sirocco, stand in the middle of it and bash things with a weapon of choice."

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh I see. Anyway I don't think fiery body protects from Polar Midnight.... actually the opposite

deuxhero

Arcane
As a token of our gratitude, we'd like to offer you a free download of the Premium Digital Edition of our studio's next game,

So, sequel confirmed?

Where's that?

Latest kickstarter update.

If they're giving it away for free, even as an oops for not thinking of customs charges, I doubt it's that big. Something like adapting Rise of the Runelords as a standalone expansion pack would fit.

On that note, aside from RotR (which is pretty linear) the only AP I'd say is remotely as qualified for an adaptation is Iron Gods, since that could actually incorporate a hexcrawl with relative ease: It takes place exclusively in a single country with natural borders and very few settlements, the bad guy's plans aren't really going to destroy the world that soon, and after the first module the only thing stopping the PCs from going straight to the final dungeon (Which isn't much of a mystery. It's publicly known as the base of the main enemy faction.) is all the bad guys in their way.

when is the varnhold dlc coming out?they said february.

Does DLC 2 (Varnhold's Lot) have a release date yet? Supposed to be released this month.

I'd say it will be delayed - I think THQ Nordic is pushing Owlcats for the console release. https://mb.cision.com/Main/15049/2739676/990029.pdf <-- THQ Nordic interim report, page 8 lists announced/planned game releases, including console release of Kingmaker.

I want all the delicious detail :D If it's another Pathfinder game, I'm going for early access edition again :D

If they're doing a console release they should add a turn based mode like PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom