Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Fanboys are easy to please, especially that daft trashbag Agame

To quote an esteemed codexian:

"You seem upset?"

Anyway I would not call myself a fanboy of Kangmaker, but it is a solid game without question.
What was retarded about what I said? The game is childish and cartoony, that's not a matter of opinion. Everything about it is cheesy and gay. I would be embarrassed if someone looked over my shoulder and caught me playing it.

Yosharian

Arcane
Fanboys are easy to please, especially that daft trashbag Agame

To quote an esteemed codexian:

"You seem upset?"

Anyway I would not call myself a fanboy of Kangmaker, but it is a solid game without question.
What was retarded about what I said? The game is childish and cartoony, that's not a matter of opinion. Everything about it is cheesy and gay. I would be embarrassed if someone looked over my shoulder and caught me playing it.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

deuxhero

Arcane
Any recomended builds for the Tiefling sisters? Their class is pretty weird and most of the stuff I know about building one won't apply in a video game

PsychoFox

Educated

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
LnASEUa.jpg

What's incline in your books?
Atom RPG as I mentioned already. It's not flawless and has way too many pop culture references, for instance one piece of dialogue is just Depeche Mode lyrics, and one NPC has an aged ReviewBrah portrait, but it's a great effort nevertheless.

bNDIuiw.png

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Atom RPG as I mentioned already.

Oh thats right, the Fallout clone/hack job filled with memes.

If Pathfinder is making you so buthurt why dont you go back to the ATOM thread and circle-jerk about how literaREEEE it is.

He says in defense of a wannabe Baldurs Gate hack job which is also an adaptation of a shameless Dungeons and Dragons ripoff.

You also couldn't answer what separates Kingmaker from Dragon Age: Origins, or Dragon Age II. The kingdom management? It's isometric therefore good?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

If Pathfinder is making you so buthurt why dont you go back to the ATOM thread and circle-jerk about how literaREEEE it is.

He says in defense of a wannabe Baldurs Gate hack job which is also an adaptation of a shameless Dungeons and Dragons ripoff.

You also couldn't answer what separates Kingmaker from Dragon Age: Origins, or Dragon Age II. The kingdom management? It's isometric therefore good?
How is this a Baldur’s Gate wannabe?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!

The only thing missing is the "you must first gather your party before venturing forth"

Anyway, 80+% of the regulars on general rpg forum are mindless cocksuckers. You'll praise this game and call it incline all the while shitting on Dragon Age. It has even shittier RTwP, it has comparable writing and dialogue, even cheesier characters, romances, and even allows you the option of rubbing nuts with an orc cuckold. But hey, it's isometric and has some janky "kingdom building" mechanics.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

The only thing missing is the "you must first gather your party before venturing forth"

Anyway, 80+% of the regulars on general rpg forum are mindless cocksuckers. You'll praise this game and call it incline all the while shitting on Dragon Age. It has even shittier RTwP, it has comparable writing and dialogue, even cheesier characters, romances, and even allows you the option of rubbing nuts with an orc cuckold. But hey, it's isometric and has some janky "kingdom building" mechanics.
I haven’t seriously attempted playing BG2 because the IE engine is annoying as shit, however, it plays nothing like Kingmaker, and BG1 is far worse.

PsychoFox

Educated

Well i too consider Atom RPG to be great incline, but i think you are being completely dismissive of Pathfinder's achievements. Doubt you've actually played it mate.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
I haven’t seriously attempted playing BG2 because the IE engine is annoying as shit, however, it plays nothing like Kingmaker, and BG1 is far worse.
So you wanted to lobby a charge on Atom RPG in defense of another game when the same argument can be made about that other game, then try to weasel out on technicalities. Atom RPG doesn't play exactly like classic Fallout either. But it's a clear spiritual successor.
Well i too consider Atom RPG to be great incline, but i think you are being completely dismissive of Pathfinder's achievements. Doubt you've actually played it mate.
I didn't say it was a terrible game or without entertainment value, but it is childish and it is cartoony. It's more fitting for ages 12-15, except it proselytizes fag concepts.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So you wanted to lobby a charge on Atom RPG in defense of another game when the same argument can be made about that other game, then try to weasel out on technicalities. Atom RPG doesn't play exactly like classic Fallout either. But it's a clear spiritual successor.
What the fuck are you smoking? I haven’t said anything about Fallout or Atom. You haven’t mentioned a single technicalitie?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
What the fuck are you smoking? I haven’t said anything about Fallout or Atom. You haven’t mentioned a single technicalitie?
My bad, confused your avatar with the other waterhead.

PsychoFox

Educated
I didn't say it was a terrible game or without entertainment value, but it is childish and it is cartoony. It's more fitting for ages 12-15, except it proselytizes fag concepts.
Sure, it's a fantasy RPG and not gritty like Atom or Fallout or DA, but I still wouldn't call it "childish". Even if so, it still has a lot going for it, like great amount of player choice, full implementation of a an entire rulebook (which is very rare these days), interesting and unique mechanics like kingdom management, good graphics and controls, good music and whole heap more. The story is also not at all bad and has a great deal of intrigue. Also, very few games go to the extent of allowing you to be evil as Pathfinder does. I call PFKM incline because of the mechanics and the RPG, not because of the theme.

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Some people are edgy and hate everything that isn’t depressing. Nothing new.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Sure, it's a fantasy RPG
Something being a fantasy RPG doesn't necessitate it being a cheesy Tolkien clone. Obviously this does because they used an established IP of a Tolkien clone world, but something based on REH's hyborian age would be cool.

Also Arcanum was well done despite having all the typical Tolkien clone, DND setting stuff like dwarves, elves etc, the cheese was kept to a minimum.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Sure, it's a fantasy RPG
Something being a fantasy RPG doesn't necessitate it being a cheesy Tolkien clone. Obviously this does because they used an established IP of a Tolkien clone world, but something based on REH's hyborian age would be cool.
I agree. But, that doesn’t make Kingmaker bad alone.

PsychoFox

Educated
Sure, it's a fantasy RPG

Also Arcanum was well done despite having all the typical Tolkien clone, DND setting stuff like dwarves, elves etc, the cheese was kept to a minimum.
Well this is just a matter of opinion. You can think PFKM is a cheesy Tolkien clone and there's probably good reason to think that way, but there's also good reason to say that PFKM executes it's themes and world elements competently. Personally i don't agree with PFKM being a Tolkien clone other than the races being called elves, and orcs and stuff. I mean for one, the world of PFKM is way more morally gray than black and white as in Tolkien. There's a lot of similairty between the themes of PFKM and Arcanum too imho.

4DPrvmp.jpg

Owlish

Dumbfuck!

4DPrvmp.jpg
We both know that you are butthurt because I criticized a game you like. Homo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom