Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
having some homosexuals in game =/= SJW crusade. there are probably like 3 or 4 to several dozens of NPC in game. there is a difference between being a little inclusive vs total idiocy like bioware.

SJW shit is still shit even if it's placed tish time in actually good game instead of usual shit. Even women in games already SJW, and I think even more than homosexual characters who telling "I'm a merchant and trade spices and btw I like to batter in the undertail".

It also seems like it's trolling SJWs sometimes though, like Amiri is actually not tough like she thinks

Otherwse it would be absolutely unbearable. These Russians want to make money after all.

Last edited:

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
There is nothing wrong with having homosexual characters in a game. Homosexuality is a fact of life. I am no homo and i genuinely believe homosexuality is a mental disorder but still don't take issue with homosexuals existing in popular culture. These people exist and even though their sexual preference may not be what is considered "normal" they are still normal people and shouldn't be ashamed just because they are who they are. Including them in video games just makes video games more REALISTIC because we tend to view as realistic those games which have similarities to real life. If your game has no faggot in it then it is not realistic, period.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I am no homo
homosexuality is a mental disorder
[homosexuals] are still normal people
Including [514 of them] in video games just makes video games more ["""REALISTIC"""]
If your game has no faggot in it then it is not ["""realistic"""]
Jesus Christ, are you trying to win some kind of prize for most wrong in a single post?

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is nothing wrong with having homosexual characters in a game. Homosexuality is a fact of life. I am no homo and i genuinely believe homosexuality is a mental disorder but still don't take issue with homosexuals existing in popular culture. These people exist and even though their sexual preference may not be what is considered "normal" they are still normal people and shouldn't be ashamed just because they are who they are. Including them in video games just makes video games more REALISTIC because we tend to view as realistic those games which have similarities to real life. If your game has no faggot in it then it is not realistic, period.
I am pretty sure I met more people with Down Syndrome in RL than gays. Why are people with Down Syndrome not represented in media?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hotfix 1.1.2 - November 26th, 2018
26 NOVEMBER - WOODEN_DRAGON
Dear pathfinders, Version 1.1.2 is almost here! To get ready for it, we are launching an open beta-test. It is going to run for about a 2-3 days, anyone who owns the game can participate. All you need to do is switch to the "betatest" branch and enter the code "Ms0SJWRhSRuo". Find detailed info and instructions over here: https://owlcatgames.com/content/beta-test

As for reporting bugs, you will be able to do that inside the game, using the F11 bug report function. We are very grateful to everyone who decides to take part in this test and help us make this game even better! Your feedback and continued support are invaluable to us!

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests
  • The "Turn the barony into an independent country" objective of the quest "How to Build a Kingdom" could get stuck even after the player fulfilled necessary conditions. Resolution: fixed.
  • The "How to Build a Kingdom" quest got stuck on the "Reach rank 8 of any kingdom's stats" objective even when the rank of kingdom stat was already 8 or higher. Resolution: fixed.
  • Added information on where to find Jenna during the "Lost Child" quest to the Journal (she is waiting for the player at the Capital Tavern, as she always was).

Areas
  • The peasant rebellion at the Capital Square conflicted with the romance event at the Tavern. Resolution: fixed.
  • Nok-Nok could get stuck in the "Goblin Clearing" area. Resolution: fixed.
    For Tristian and Jaethal, incorrect dialogue could be displayed after the "Test of Loyalty" event. Resolution: fixed.
  • From now on, companions involved in a romantic relationship with the player will gain twice as many affection-increasing dialogue interactions during the Twice-Born Warlord and the War of the River Kings chapters. This will give the players another chance to properly develop their romances before the game's finale.

Kingdom
  • The number of new projects shown in the kingdom UI could be incorrect. Resolution: fixed.
  • The event about Jubilost's article could trigger even after Jhod was not available to present it. Resolution: the event will not happen in this case.
  • Incorrect visualization for results of Pitax Influence events. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • Many tutorial illustrations have been updated.
  • Carry weight: there used to be no notification on party overload. Resolution: fixed.
  • Inspect: the DCs of checks that must be passed to reveal information about enemies were added to the Inspect window.
  • There was no information on the Favored Enemy bonus with ranged attacks in the Combat Log. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Some effects from cleric Domain Powers did not provide bonuses. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some cleric Domain Powers did not show the proper number of charges left on the control panel. Resolution: fixed.
  • Aldori Defender's ability Defensive Parry was only giving +1 AC regardless of character level. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Hunt Archer's Attack bonus increased every time they attack targets in some specific cases. Resolution: fixed.
  • Players couldn't level-up Octavia using a premade build. Resolution: fixed for players that haven't had Octavia as their companion yet.
  • Enhancing your weapon for +2 with Arcane Weapon Enhancement while
  • Enduring Blade was on resulted in only a +1 bonus. Resolution: fixed.
  • Enabling more expensive Arcane Weapon Enhancements for Magus and
  • Divine Weapon Enhancements for Paladin would not always disable the proper amount of previously used enhancements and did not properly recalculate the enhancement bonus left. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bonuses to attack and damage from Shield Master feat were not showing up on the character screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • Shield Master feat did not negate the penalty you suffer on your attack rolls with a shield when fighting with two weapons. Resolution: fixed.
  • Ranged Legerdemain - the Arcane Trickster's ability - was fixed.
  • The Lantern King's Curse restricted characters' caster level and didn't impact on outgoing healing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Balance adjustment: the Dаmage Reduction and Energy Resistance of enemies is halved on Normal difficulty and disabled on Story difficulty.

Misc
  • Some bow models could make the character model invisible in the Inventory. Resolution: fixed.
  • Linzi, Tristian and Jaethal could disappear from the party roster in some cases. Resolution: fixed. Affected players can pick up the missing character in the Capital.
  • Players were confused by the absence of a loading screen after the "baronation" event - there was just a long fade-out instead. Resolution: fixed
  • Short bows had visual issues while equipped on the back. Resolved: fixed.
  • Some fixes for death and fainting animations.

All fixes from this list will be applied to Release 1.1.2

ArchAngel

Arcane
Bonuses to attack and damage from Shield Master feat were not showing up on the character screen. Resolution: fixed.
Now that I read this I remembered that my Archer Fighter does not have Fighter Training bonuses with bows shown on character screen as well. Luckily it does add them to attack rolls when attacking.

And still no fix for the Hardy of Dwarfs not giving its bonus vs poisons.

Also I reported this 1 month ago:

• Enhancing your weapon for +2 with Arcane Weapon Enhancement while Enduring Blade was on resulted in only a +1 bonus. Resolution: fixed.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Report them to the Russian police for being in breach of Article 6.21, Federal Law of for the Purpose of Protecting Children from Information Advocating for a Denial of Traditional Family Values.

This law exists only in words.

It's full with promoting of faggotry, race-mixing and similar degenerate stuff. Of course I can't say if Paizo enforced this (quite likely imo) or if it's the doing of those Russians.

I think both. Torrents of western propaganda beginning from 90s made it possible. 90's wereso liberal there were attempts to implement "sexual eucation" already in 94-96 I think, luckily failed.

It's full with promoting of faggotry, race-mixing and similar degenerate stuff. Of course I can't say if Paizo enforced this (quite likely imo) or if it's the doing of those Russians. The good thing is, it's mostly just 1 or 2 sentences here and there and then you'll never have to talk to them again, whereas in a kwanzoonian game they would shove that shit down your throat 24/7.

I would say differently - the only difference in comparison with PoE or DA3 is that here this shit put in your throat mildly,and the game is actually good.

Gave it my Tzar "like".

There is nothing wrong with having homosexual characters in a game. Homosexuality is a fact of life.

Art and works of culture in general arn't supposed to reflect and be a photocopy, they talk about important things, or those who should be important. That's the reason for them to be not included in anything - for me, for them quite the contrary.

Deleted Member 16721

Of course there should be homosexuals, among other minorities in games. Each game shouldn't have to check a checklist but more diversity is fine because real people, even in a fantasy world would be that way. I'm not saying each game must contain at least one homosexual, one polyamorous relationship, 3 black people and a person with a disability, but naturally adding all sorts of diversity is a fine thing. Just like there are witches, demons, dragons, etc., diversity in the human/racial population should reflect more than just white dudes. Kingmaker does a fine job of not being over the top while still including diversity.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I like how some people tend to defend inclusion of gays (and completely unrealistic % of gays at that) in games in the name of... wait for it... REALISM. But then the same people, when someone suggest that women should have lower strength stat than men, change their mind instantly and "realism" goes into a garbage bin. It's all "It's fantasy! It doesn't have to be realistic!". "You misogynistic fascist pig" is optional. Sorry but no, you can't have your cake and eat it too, if gays are OK because muh realism then you can't dismiss the argument that women should be weaker - on the same ground of realism.

For the record - I don't necessarily advocate for inclusion of neither. As Shadenaut correctly pointed out, the whole argument leads to many absurdities.

Elex

Arbiter
The general direction for encounters goes down somewhere around Varnhold - also the time where your party begins to rapidly advance in power - which exacerbates the whole issue.
As expected, low level D&D is always best D&D, and it's same here.

On occasion it goes back to sparks of brilliance (some of dungeons, some of bosses, 2 gnomes, wild hunt - if only it had some plot and wasn't all copypasted zerg-rushes, etc.) but then returns to:
- Prebuff and kill all spriggans (this is the first arguably REALLY BAD location in the game)
- Prebuff and kill all cyclops. turn around corner. 3 more cyclops. turn around corner. 5 more cyclops.
- Prebuff and kill all dumbfuck bards
- Prebuff and kill all irovetti guards

Just compare that to Sycamore - 2 rival factions, neutral animals, wolfs, solo mini-bosses, fey-kangax, undead, poison, 4 party fights, in that tutorial location game throws more new stuff on you than whole Varnhold chapter combined. Many monsters even have dialogue. Many monsters also have unique mini mini bosses with player classes (mite butcher torturing lone kobold in their cells is some fey/rogue hybrid, very cute).

Oh and random encounters? ElderElementalsMarches.

As is they add nothing to the game, remove them all except plot ones.

And I can absolutely assure you that in my game on hard with that 60AC knife master things are WAY easier than on that challenging run.
I have a lot more control over myself, so my first playthrough was on Hard with vanilla companions only, no multi-classing.

Unobtrusive spell effects: finally someone who gets it right
I nominate Web effect in this game as the best Web effect for Web spell in any D&D game, ever.
this is another reason why i think 5e can be a good ruleset for a videogame.
many buff require caster concentration.
prebuffing and buffing is still important and also require caster to be extra carefull.

Deleted Member 16721

I like how some people tend to defend inclusion of gays (and completely unrealistic % of gays at that) in games in the name of... wait for it... REALISM. But then the same people, when someone suggest that women should have lower strength stat than men, change their mind instantly and "realism" goes into a garbage bin. It's all "It's fantasy! It doesn't have to be realistic!". "You misogynistic fascist pig" is optional. Sorry but no, you can't have your cake and eat it too, if gays are OK because muh realism then you can't dismiss the argument that women should be weaker - on the same ground of realism.

For the record - I don't necessarily advocate for inclusion of neither. As Shadenaut correctly pointed out, the whole argument leads to many absurdities.

I don't understand that though. Why shouldn't there be some strong women too? They've existed throughout time. You have women in the army who can kick all of our asses, or in MMA who could choke us out and kill us if they wanted to at the drop of a hat, etc.. You don't need to present "women are weak" by some unnatural means, just add some strong women too. I mean, why not? Diversity is cool, it leads to different variety, rather than some Caesar's Legion approach, which seems to be what some insecure dudes want. I'm just saying I'm fine with diversity, blind characters, mentally ill characters, whatever. Have a variety rather than "me strong white dude, you weak woman, no homosexual allowed", etc..

Elex

Arbiter
I am pretty sure I met more people with Down Syndrome in RL than gays. Why are people with Down Syndrome not represented in media?
or disable people in general.

in fantasy setting the disable people are 96% pirates or some criminal.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
On any given day, I meet and interact with more random people and hold more conversations than I do during any given sitting in which I play games. For the past couple of years at least, exactly zero people have felt the need to tell me about their gay lovers or their polyamorous relationship during the course of a conversation of any kind. The discrepancy ratio between reality and PF:K - and PF:K is a mild case in the current zeitgeist of gaming - is quite literally infinite.

As you say, person-to-person, people with downs syndrome have had a bigger impact on my life by merit of their mere existence than any of the faggots have, if it were not for the ongoing culture war, which is by no means primarily fueled by homosexuals themselves.
or disable people in general.

in fantasy setting the disable people are 96% pirates or some criminal.
I love this trope, though. Instant recognition. Oh, that dude has a peg-leg? He's got a hook for a hand? Pirate, obviously.

There's absolutely no way someone could lose a body-part in a battle unless they're on a boat.

Deleted Member 16721

As an exception - ONLY.

And so what? It's a moot point. In a diverse fantasy world you'd have all sorts of women in different roles. Witches, barbarians, fighters, innkeepers, treasure seekers, wizards, teachers, murderers, etc.. My only point is that variety is the spice of life. Prepared for incoming shit emojis, lol.

hell bovine

Arcane
Well, technically Tristian becomes disabled as part of his questline. Technically, because I haven't noticed any changes besides his portrait (though I have picked up blind fight for him, maybe it's that). It just never gets explored in the game, e.g. I can'rt recall any other companions commenting on it. Which is a pity, because it would be more interesting than listening to his usual sermons.

Shadenuat

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg

left: Me, staring at you all with disgust

right: poor Pathfinder thread, which has to live through your shitposting

Deleted Member 16721

maxresdefault.jpg

left: Me, staring at you all with disgust

right: poor Pathfinder thread, which has to live through your shitposting

Sorry young anime girl, I shall stop. The third cup of coffee this afternoon really got to me. :lol:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well, technically Tristian becomes disabled as part of his questline. Technically, because I haven't noticed any changes besides his portrait (though I have picked up blind fight for him, maybe it's that). It just never gets explored in the game, e.g. I can'rt recall any other companions commenting on it. Which is a pity, because it would be more interesting than listening to his usual sermons.
And let's not discuss how ridiculous such things are in a world with Cure and Regeneration spells. Honestly, such things really should've had a limit to them, but given that PF (I believe, at least; it certainly applied to 3.5) doesn't even have rules for losing limbs and that Cure spells are capable of fixing pretty much everything and anything, I guess it'd be expecting too much.

I am certainly going to place a time-limit of some kind on healing such damage, myself, in my upcoming PF game. Going to be interesting when the players figure that one out.

"What do you mean I need to still have my lopped-off hand in order to fix this without Regeneration?!"

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
There's no real deal SocJus in this game. It's like a cheap ruskie immitation of SocJus.

- Amiri is borderline retarded and not as strong as she thinks. That's kind of deep characterization for an official cover art character.
- Valerie almost turns into alcoholic after loosing her beauty. And the proper ending of her quest makes her realize that she may have been a bit of a cunt.
- Octavia is a thot.

I don't really know what to think about it.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
As an exception - ONLY.

And so what? It's a moot point. In a diverse fantasy world you'd have all sorts of women in different roles. Witches, barbarians, fighters, innkeepers, treasure seekers, wizards, teachers, murderers, etc.. My only point is that variety is the spice of life. Prepared for incoming shit emojis, lol.
Yes but if your argument is "realism" then females should have a malus to Str and a lower cap (-4 perhaps) which means the outliers are stronger than an average man but not as strong as male outliers (which is accurate, look at female athletes).
On the other hand, testosterone is a mild immunosuppressant so women could have higher Fort saves (or Con, like Arcanum did). You see where this is going, though, it's pointless and autistic to try and make everything so realistic, Paizo at least admit that their focus on representation is pretty much pandering instead of being realistic.
There's no real deal SocJus in this game. It's like a cheap ruskie immitation of SocJus.

- Amiri is borderline retarded and not as strong as she thinks. That's kind of deep characterization for an official cover art character.
- Valerie almost turns into alcoholic after loosing her beauty. And the proper ending of her quest makes her realize that she may have been a bit of a cunt.
- Octavia is a thot.

Yeah they gave them actual characterization instead of making them Strong Wymyn paragons. Kind of like how Jaheira was also a strong wymyn but also a nagging shrew and a bitch which was acknowledged by other characters (until Beamdog got their hands on BG and totally changed her personality in Dragonspear :decline:)

Serus

Arcane
Patron
As an exception - ONLY.

Yes but if your argument is "realism" then females should have a malus to Str and a lower cap (-4 perhaps) which means the outliers are stronger than an average man but not as strong as male outliers (which is accurate, look at female athletes).
On the other hand, testosterone is a mild immunosuppressant so women could have higher Fort saves (or Con, like Arcanum did). You see where this is going, though, it's pointless and autistic to try and make everything so realistic, Paizo at least admit that their focus on representation is pretty much pandering instead of being realistic.

- Octavia is a thot.

Yeah they gave them actual characterization instead of making them Strong Wymyn paragons. Kind of like how Jaheira was also a strong wymyn but also a nagging shrew and a bitch which was acknowledged by other characters (until Beamdog got their hands on BG and totally changed her personality in Dragonspear :decline:)
Even from the point of view of "variety" or "diversity" you'd think that making women actually different mechanically than men would add to said diversity - while making them exactly identical as men mechanically detracts from diversity in gameplay sense. But let's not demand too much from a person who believes that everyone who disagrees with him is "some insecure dudes" and uses this as an actual "argument" in his posts. That and alluding that they're also racists.
Besides, as we seem to agree, argument from "realism" in fantasy games isn't necessarily strong. In historical themed games on the other hand... but that's a different subject.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know when the pitax tournament starts? I am just skipping months on the kingdom map. Is there a date that starts the even or what?

Deleted Member 16721

Does anyone know when the pitax tournament starts? I am just skipping months on the kingdom map. Is there a date that starts the even or what?

Don't skip months, use the time wisely to upgrade your kingdom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom