Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had to backtrack to an earlier save because I was too far into Varnhold territory and Harrim's questline failed - which is unacceptable to me because he's probably my favourite character alonside Nok-Nok. Problem is my last save was the
dream sequence with the antagonist
and although I'm exactly aware of where the exit screen tab is ... when I reloaded my game it no longer existed. So that's my second playthrough is up the wall. I know I should have had more saves, but I'm not gonna create a chronological library of saves that increase load times in expectation of game killing bugs.

So.
Great game. Best I've played in years. Worthy successor to IE games and great example of developers who know what works, implemented it, and expanded on all the stuff/evolved the gameplay and features to what I personally was day dreaming of 10-20 years ago.

But fo fuck's sake the fucking bugs. I look forward to returning to this game in at least 6 months. Owlcat: you guy's are great. It's just a shame that Paizo didn't tick all the boxes in the QA department as they did in the diversity one.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yes but if your argument is "realism" then females should have a malus to Str and a lower cap (-4 perhaps) which means the outliers are stronger than an average man but not as strong as male outliers (which is accurate, look at female athletes).
When your buffed stats are in 40s range 4 difference is not that much.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Yes but if your argument is "realism" then females should have a malus to Str and a lower cap (-4 perhaps) which means the outliers are stronger than an average man but not as strong as male outliers (which is accurate, look at female athletes).
When your buffed stats are in 40s range 4 difference is not that much.
Sure, that's another reason the realism argument doesn't hold up so well in a high-magic fantasy setting.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
So...

1. I want that sweet masterwork Dorf Armor.
2. I probably need to upgrade region to get it.
3. I have kobolds in my kingdom so I can't get the restioration of the keep upgrade.
4. The other upgrade is called "the magic of Candlemere" or something like that... but I don't have it, despite clearing the island. Did I miss something? What's the trigger?

Thonius

Arcane
So...

3. I have kobolds in my kingdom so I can't get the restioration of the keep upgrade.
4. The other upgrade is called "the magic of Candlemere" or something like that... but I don't have it, despite clearing the island. Did I miss something? What's the trigger?
I had kobolds(and MITES!) from sycamore and a shield road at the same time. It's just trobold that blocks it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So...

I don't think you need region upgrade for masterpiece items.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't think anyone knows how this voodoo works, but currently I have masterwork only from upgraded regions.
Irlene gave me the rod of awesome +12 almost instantly. Region upgrade + lvl 3 shop + quest. Bitchy elf lady took her time. Region upgrade + lvl 2 shop + quest.
Maybe it's a roll and you can only upgrade your chances?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
And so what?

So what?
Imagine that someone learned how to eat with her butthole. The only woman in human history.
And now you see in game that everybody can do it.
Literally all eat in some game eat with teir buttholes, and someone using this for moking those who still eat with their mouthes.

Women are bad warriors, or to speak preciase - not warriors at all.
There is no place for them at battlefield, an on those roles thay have - for example in Tranny teh ArPeeJee.
Every women that is out of place is used for feminazi propaganda.

barbarians

The only real thing they could do - suck real barbarian dick.

There's no real deal SocJus in this game.

"Yeah, real SJW is only when ten niggers rape one white boy hard".
No, it's not. It's creepy change and undermaining of gender stereotypes.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So anyone managed to do some romancing? I am going for Valery or what ever her name is,managed to get her to the bar and had a few dialogues after resting,but it is not progressing at all. It seems that they decided to make it so that dialogues that you pick while talking with NPCs are the main things that the romance characters care. This is incredibly limiting the roleplaying if you rally want to fuck. I play as a neutral rogue and giving always the lawful dialogue option is retarded. This must be the worst/best romance i have seen in a game. The best because you can finish the game without even knowing that there is romance in it. I personally don't care if there is one or not,but do like to finish it if there is one....except in deadfire. Anyway,anyone managed to bang her?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:whatho:
Ok does the two weapon fighting affect sword and shield??? I saw that there is a mastery shield feat but it wanted to have two weapons fighting. I rarely do a shield focus and have no idea about,is this normal for the D&D types of games???

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So anyone managed to do some romancing? I am going for Valery or what ever her name is,managed to get her to the bar and had a few dialogues after resting,but it is not progressing at all. It seems that they decided to make it so that dialogues that you pick while talking with NPCs are the main things that the romance characters care. This is incredibly limiting the roleplaying if you rally want to fuck. I play as a neutral rogue and giving always the lawful dialogue option is retarded. This must be the worst/best romance i have seen in a game. The best because you can finish the game without even knowing that there is romance in it. I personally don't care if there is one or not,but do like to finish it if there is one....except in deadfire. Anyway,anyone managed to bang her?
First or second scene at the bar with her? She wanted sum fug after the second scene for me.
But I still didn't "complete" the romance according to my ending slides even though she made me a fancy +5 Persuasion shirt, apparently the last patch increased the probability of getting a romance dialogue after camping because lots of people were in the same boat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok WATCH OUT for the Ornate ruins in Pitax,Linzi or some of your other companions could get bugged up. The first time i got her transformed in to a dog and nothing could change her back,not even greater restoration the rest heal in the difficulty option. The second time she just begun attacking and i lost control off her. So manually save before engaging the golem,i almost lost the save to go back!!!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
First or second scene at the bar with her? She wanted sum fug after the second scene for me.
But I still didn't "complete" the romance according to my ending slides even though she made me a fancy +5 Persuasion shirt, apparently the last patch increased the probability of getting a romance dialogue after camping because lots of people were in the same boat.
Soooo rest spamming will help then ? I am after the first bar.....and can't update unless reinstall.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Soooo rest spamming will help then ? I am after the first bar.....and can't update unless reinstall.
No, rest spamming gets you the camp events but those are separate from the second bar scene. You have to wait.

Ok WATCH OUT for the Ornate ruins in Pitax,Linzi or some of your other companions could get bugged up. The first time i got her transformed in to a dog and nothing could change her back,not even
greater restoration the rest heal in the difficulty option.

This is both not a bug (but potentially a bug after you've fixed it properly).
That spell is Baleful Polymorph. Break Enchantment I think is the spell to get rid of that? Possibly it's Remove Curse instead. I believe it tells you in the spell description, if any of your casters took Baleful Polymorph as a level 5 spell.
The bugged part is that sometimes the spell is successfully broken, but you still look like a dog until going to a new map.

The second time she just begun attacking and i lost control off her. So manually save before engaging the golem,i almost lost the save to go back!!!
Also both a bug and not a bug. She is under an Insanity effect, which shows up as a status effect with the same icon as the Confusion spell, but a bugged tooltip (blank description).
Greater Restoration or Heal will cure this if cast successfully (because she counts as hostile) but it is otherwise permanent.

So, both issues are not a bug, just poor communication from the game about the effects. But also they might be bugs.:philosoraptor:
If you're at Pitax already though you should be used to that from this game, though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's full with promoting of faggotry, race-mixing and similar degenerate stuff. Of course I can't say if Paizo enforced this (quite likely imo) or if it's the doing of those Russians. The good thing is, it's mostly just 1 or 2 sentences here and there and then you'll never have to talk to them again, whereas in a kwanzoonian game they would shove that shit down your throat 24/7.

--------
besides: I finished the game with my first char (on challenging) eldritch archer 14/ vivi 4
(jaethal f1/inq17 - harrim cl1/dr17 - Octavia r1/at10/w7 - ekun rng15/vivi3 - nok-nok r8/viv 10)
Overoptimized characters... Why F1? Why druid? Did you Vivi3, then ranger, or have you mixed? Why did you get vivi 10 for Nok-Nok.
See? A lot of players have no clue how to mix party to make base characters OP.

On the other hand. I seen a lot of situation where stuff was absurd and completely unrelated to real politic.
Tourism? In fantasy where people are hard working?
What was with that making black OP archer?
What was with various dark skinned people around? Main characters in that land were fey. So why did I got various dark skinned weirdos instead fey characters?
Actually I don't think fantasy lands have tariffs. Taxes are calculated from profits, not from transfers of items.
In fantasy lands migrations are heavily discouraged. Screaming about Pitax of holding people in theirs borders as negative...
Normally building villages and towns is similar to sim city. Yet aside of a indirect increase of value, there is no tangible benefit of making tavern over two shops.
Last resort should be repeatable immediately and take only 7 days.
Is "economy" calculated = trade + number of ranks ? Well that really feels bit weird.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No, rest spamming gets you the camp events but those are separate from the second bar scene. You have to wait.

Ok WATCH OUT for the Ornate ruins in Pitax,Linzi or some of your other companions could get bugged up. The first time i got her transformed in to a dog and nothing could change her back,not even
greater restoration the rest heal in the difficulty option.

This is both not a bug (but potentially a bug after you've fixed it properly).
That spell is Baleful Polymorph. Break Enchantment I think is the spell to get rid of that? Possibly it's Remove Curse instead. I believe it tells you in the spell description, if any of your casters took Baleful Polymorph as a level 5 spell.
The bugged part is that sometimes the spell is successfully broken, but you still look like a dog until going to a new map.

The second time she just begun attacking and i lost control off her. So manually save before engaging the golem,i almost lost the save to go back!!!
Also both a bug and not a bug. She is under an Insanity effect, which shows up as a status effect with the same icon as the Confusion spell, but a bugged tooltip (blank description).
Greater Restoration or Heal will cure this if cast successfully (because she counts as hostile) but it is otherwise permanent.

So, both issues are not a bug, just poor communication from the game about the effects. But also they might be bugs.:philosoraptor:
If you're at Pitax already though you should be used to that from this game, though.
They are bugs because you can't dispel them or use restoration to cure them,the effects stay with you. That is why i made the post,not because i god a negative effect in the game mate. I cured her polymorph and changed levels but she still was a dog,also there was no insanity/confusion effect,i even looked at her abilities/effects tabs in inventory,also i believe that she became that way after he died. That place/enemy is buggy.

Also on another note...In the middle of nowhere is the best place ;).

This could be the codexian place so real spoilers guys.
I believe that this is the codex place,you get to meet Blakemoor and get to help him finish the Grimoire :),even you get read a few fun stories in Cleve fashion. Also there is the best fight i have seen in the game.....and the most buggy sadly.
Edit:Could get who Siroket....ohhhh just now i get it....
sir-tech :lol::lol::lol:
Who is captain Martyn?

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
They are bugs because you can't dispel them or use restoration to cure them,the effects stay with you. That is why i made the post,not because i god a negative effect in the game mate. I cured her polymorph and changed levels but she still was a dog,

Dispel or Restoration is not intended to cure Baleful Polymorph (you just said you used Greater Restoration, but that isn't supposed to do anything). If you used the correct spell and it didn't work, then yeah it was a bug, changing maps probably would've reverted her back.

also there was no insanity/confusion effect,i even looked at her abilities/effects tabs in inventory,also i believe that she became that way after he died.
He has a "death throes" ability that might be able to cause that? But yeah, there should've been a (bugged) effect on her character page.

That place/enemy is buggy.
Yes it is.

Also on another note...In the middle of nowhere is the best place ;).
Yes it is.

Deleted Member 16721

For romancing, I romanced Octavia easy peasy. After some camping together a cutscene at the tavern triggered and we made sweet, passionate love that same night. Did it again a few weeks later (for some reason it took awhile for the option to appear in her dialogue). The first encounter was so good she said she loved me immediately after. I was like, "I know.". And then later she goes on about some stuff when you camp together. Waiting on this new Tiefling hottie to see if I can finangle a little menage here. Hoping Chapter 5 isn't too late to really dig into the new companion (pun somewhat intended).

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
For romancing, I romanced Octavia easy peasy. After some camping together a cutscene at the tavern triggered and we made sweet, passionate love that same night. Did it again a few weeks later (for some reason it took awhile for the option to appear in her dialogue). The first encounter was so good she said she loved me immediately after. I was like, "I know.". And then later she goes on about some stuff when you camp together. Waiting on this new Tiefling hottie to see if I can finangle a little menage here. Hoping Chapter 5 isn't too late to really dig into the new companion (pun somewhat intended).
The hard part of romancing Octavia is finding Valtrex in the Stolen Lands.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For me is to actually doing her retarded goody faggy shit,when she goes "meh [insert oppressed monster] have souls too you know" i am all "shut up bitch and go cook!".

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
For me is to actually doing her retarded goody faggy shit,when she goes "meh [insert oppressed monster] have souls too you know" i am all "shut up bitch and go cook!".
I was surprised how much I actually ended up liking Regongar, because on paper I would not like a loledgy CE half-orc with an anger problem. But he's basically a pretty cool guy (except for the dog thing) who just has a "live laugh love"-tier dumb bitch girlfriend. Pretty realistic.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I was surprised how much I actually ended up liking Regongar, because on paper I would not like a loledgy CE half-orc with an anger problem. But he's basically a pretty cool guy (except for the dog thing) who just has a "live laugh love"-tier dumb bitch girlfriend. Pretty realistic.
Have no idea,never talked to him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom