Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Curratum

Literally created account for this:

- Any official / semi-official info when Final/Complete/"we're stopping working on Pathfinder1 in order to put all manpower to make Pathfinder2" edition of PK is coming out?

I bought the game near launch, still haven't played the fucking thing because it seems like it's still riddled with serious bugs and they're pushing 4 pages of fix notes every few weeks. :argh:

Jeru

Novice
Well it is better that they fix than leaving game bugridden for eternity.
I was more interested about DLC situation, do they plan to stop making more and concentrate on Pathfinder2 or do they still have some DLCs planned for PK?

Codex Year of the Donut

- Any official / semi-official info when Final/Complete/"we're stopping working on Pathfinder1 in order to put all manpower to make Pathfinder2" edition of PK is coming out?
I think they have to finish #1 before they can begin #2

Tytus

Arcane
As a person that knows almost nothing about the game. I wanted to ask just one thing. Is the enhanced edition out yet and is the Stolen Lands DLC part of it or not?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As a person that knows almost nothing about the game. I wanted to ask just one thing. Is the enhanced edition out yet and is the Stolen Lands DLC part of it or not?
EE is out, Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC was released at the same time and could be acquired separately or as the part of Season Pass.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the game is content complete and in a pretty good place bug-wise, I'd say you might as well jump in now cuz the game is long as fucking hell

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

SLIkEep.png

Turuko

Learned
i'm playing for the first time now so i don't have a frame of reference for previous builds
i'm in act 2 and i'm not noticing a lot of bugs? only thing that came up is the borked leveling up after the keep/replace spells screen
unless it unravels after a certain point in act 2
game still runs better than PoE2 btw... :M

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's certainly a lot better than it was at launch. Last chapters are still retarded trash mob bonanzas but at least the game won't suddenly turn all your characters into valerie or drop your stability to 0 for no reason, so you can get to them now

Shadenuat

Arcane
Judging so far by streams they are not ready to tell about any possible new projects or anything.

Parabalus

Arcane
How does DLC3 interact with time in the main campaign?

I know there are times in the later chapters, when nothing happens and you just build your kingdom stats, but is that enough?
Or if I finish it standalone, how do I benefit from that in the main campaign?

Are the time-limits relative or absolute?
In my first run I rushed everything, but I'm not sure if that's optimal, e.g. if I finish CH1 in <30 days for the sword, will I have more time after getting the Kingdom and before Troll Trouble triggers than if I had done it in 50 days, or is it the same?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Timers are absolute so it behooves you to get as much done as as possible between curses/story events. The Depths are still doable time-wise though, you can do multiple floors without resting and even then it only takes 9 hours to rest up next to the dragon.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a good bit of downtime where you do nothing except skip days at the kingdom menu because you've explored everything available.
Instead of skipping days go do the dungeon

volklore

Arcane

I know there are times in the later chapters, when nothing happens and you just build your kingdom stats, but is that enough?

In my first run I rushed everything, but I'm not sure if that's optimal, e.g. if I finish CH1 in <30 days for the sword, will I have more time after getting the Kingdom and before Troll Trouble triggers than if I had done it in 50 days, or is it the same?
Chapter 1's timer is irrelevant to the rest of the game. The overall game timer of about 5 years starts when you get your barony. So, no, rushing chapter 1 will not net you more time before the start of troll trouble.

Codex Year of the Donut

Chapter 1's timer is irrelevant to the rest of the game. The overall game timer of about 5 years starts when you get your barony. So, no, rushing chapter 1 will not net you more time before the start of troll trouble.
I really need to go confirm this at some point. I was super rushed the first time I played now I have tons of free time at the start of chapter 2. Not sure if they just nerfed it or what

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I really need to go confirm this at some point. I was super rushed the first time I played now I have tons of free time at the start of chapter 2. Not sure if they just nerfed it or what

If you use fast travel to adjust global travel speed, it leaves you with a ton more downtime. Similarly, if you use kingdom resolution mod, you're probably not getting hit by forced 14 day timesucks with your capital. Other than mods, I don't *think* anything has changed with regards to timing.

Parabalus

Arcane

Is this 100%, for both Ancient Curse and Chapter events?
In my first run, I had 50 days before Ancient Curse, Part 7 triggered when I entered the House (and I think I was building up for a while already).

Meaning it might be best to ignore the sword and clean the first map before turning in the Stag Lord's head.

I did it <30 days and remember I had some time before Troll Trouble started, but that was in 1.0x.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

My pre-EE experience is the opposite. Finishing the Prologue/Stag Lord section in just 1-2 days netted me tons of extra time.

Edit: And I had the same experience with subsequent acts, by the way, such as ending Troll Trouble quickly netting me extra time until the next act really kicked off, etc. The only time this wasn't true was after resolving
The Varnhold Vanishing
after which the next issues started immediately.

volklore

Arcane
Yes my experience was that act 2 to end work on a global timer (starts when you get your barnory). There seem to be variation in when troll trouble actually starts, but it does not matter in the end as the timer for the whole game is global and starts when you get your barony.
'varnhold's vanishing' and 'the twice born warlord' always happen back to back, nomatter the speed at which you complete VV (it is the only exception in the game), but the global timer is unchanged i.e you'll get LOADS of downtime if your rush both acts to completion.

As far as curses are concerned I didn't look too much into it to be honest, as they aren't really that prohibitive since the in-game time spent doing MQ is actually quite a small portion of the game compared to building kingdom, there is a high chance you'll be idling in the capital and leveling advisors when they happen.

Last edited:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Numbers floating all over the screen in garrish colors + shitty card game + quirky and gay randumb characters =

ITS GAMER TIME

bYli0yt.jpg

Turuko

Learned
i'm playing for the first time now so i don't have a frame of reference for previous builds
i'm in act 2 and i'm not noticing a lot of bugs? only thing that came up is the borked leveling up after the keep/replace spells screen
unless it unravels after a certain point in act 2
game still runs better than PoE2 btw... :M
jinxed myself, can't rank up the economy stat cause the "meet the treasurer in the throne room" card doesn't work :mad:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gotta love a Bastard Sword Saint

sfcw8Xs.png

Less damage then Vital Strike... but it adds up during Full Attack.

Cael

Arcane
Gotta love a Bastard Sword Saint

sfcw8Xs.png

Less damage then Vital Strike... but it adds up during Full Attack.
... 272 damage and the thing is still ticking??? WTH???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom