Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Did they can the whole Nettle's Crossings rest/dream thing? Because I'm almost 10 days in, I've slept several times, I've been everywhere except all of Nettle's Crossing, and I'm about to go to the Stag Lord's Fort, but I've yet to have one of the bad dreams. I can activate the quest by going to Nettle's Crossing, I know, but from there on it pretends like I've been having bad dreams and shit, so I prefer to do it in the "right" order so that the quest makes sense in the narrative (...this is really shoddily done, by the way). It's quite annoying.

I might just go straight to the Stag Lord's Fort and resolve it, and see what happens, if they even accounted for the possibility of killing the Stag Lord before picking up the quest at all, since it used to always fire very early on in the game.

Codex Year of the Donut
Did they can the whole Nettle's Crossings rest/dream thing? Because I'm almost 10 days in, I've slept several times, I've been everywhere except all of Nettle's Crossing, and I'm about to go to the Stag Lord's Fort, but I've yet to have one of the bad dreams. I can activate the quest by going to Nettle's Crossing, I know, but from there on it pretends like I've been having bad dreams and shit, so I prefer to do it in the "right" order so that the quest makes sense in the narrative (...this is really shoddily done, by the way). It's quite annoying.

I might just go straight to the Stag Lord's Fort and resolve it, and see what happens, if they even accounted for the possibility of killing the Stag Lord before picking up the quest at all, since it used to always fire very early on in the game.
I had the dream pretty early in my run
was post-EE

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Also, there's a monster in the tower of elk bloom that can only be killed with specific spells you cannot possibly guess without looking up a forum post about it, in an area where magic fails randomly, and also you can't rest without supplies even though you could hunt in the previous bloom area you visited so you'd be perfectly reasonable to assume you will be able to this time. It's good shit lol

The wild hunt would be way less awful if they actually implemented the rules (avoiding a gaze once gives you immunity for the rest of the day, in the book) or if there was any way of knowing that you'd face such a thing in such stupid retarded numbers ahead of time to prepare. Yeah, you can cast freedom of movement, but taking blindfight or whatever is smarter--except that's a house rule they added to the game, so only people who look at every feat description and also know that a bullshit gaze spamming chapter is going to happen will take it

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I always bee line to Nettle's Crossing first. If I recall correctly, the dialogue does change slightly when talking to him if you haven't aleady had the dreams cut scene. Narratively, it's no weirder than some of the normal stuff.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not reading 275 pages, but we're all in agreement that this game is shit, right?

I bought it on sale a day or so ago, and I'm not having any fun at all. I can't think of anything positive to say about it at this time. The interface and party ai, the story, the characters, etc.

My only hope is that the turn-based combat mod makes it vaguely enjoyable. I can't be bothered installing it right now, though. What a waste of time.

Last edited:

Darkforge

Augur
Why are none of you cretins talking about the clearly superior Turn based mod? Fucking easily saved this dumpster fire for me, and now I am quite enjoying it. its also way better than dead-fires official TB mode.

I stand corrected, Agesilaus. Yes install it, and stop being so melodramatic... (literally takes two minutes)

Why are none of you cretins talking about the clearly superior Turn based mod? Fucking easily saved this dumpster fire for me, and now I am quite enjoying it. its also way better than dead-fires official TB mode.

I stand corrected, Agesilaus. Yes install it, and stop being so melodramatic... (literally takes two minutes)
:hmmm:

It's been mentioned at least once on every single page of this thread for the last month. But I'm glad you caught yourself and realized that the post literally directly before yours also mentioned it, otherwise you might have made a real ass of yourself and undermined the whole point of your shitposting.

Darkforge

Augur
Yeah well 275 pages and all that. I shamefully admit I am late to the party here, and my ADHD kicked in after scanning a few posts of butthurt.....

deuxhero

Arcane
Are there any raw charisma checks in the game? I've only just cleared chapter 1, but I'm considering going 6 charisma tiefling Magus for my second play using the trait that swaps persuade to intelligence.

Are there any raw charisma checks in the game? I've only just cleared chapter 1, but I'm considering going 6 charisma tiefling Magus for my second play using the trait that swaps persuade to intelligence.

There are a few. I think there are probably more Charisma checks than Intelligence checks, but that is just a gut feeling from two playthroughs, I haven't done any sort of actual analysis.

Edit: I think that in pretty much all scenarios where you're given an Ability Score Check, you're also given a skill check option (albeit sometimes a fairly difficult one) for success, so you won't be cutting yourself off from any successful checks soley from dumping CHA.

jf8350143

Liturgist

The thing is, there are so many trash mobs(most of them includes dozens of enemies), it takes forever to explore a map with turn base mod on.

Even with RTwP I feel like half of the big maps are a chore to explore. Every 5 steps there are some wolves or pigs you need to kill.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Ok, I went and installed it. Game is infinitely better now.

If anyone knows the shortcut key for "end turn", please let me know.

Codex Year of the Donut

Ok, I went and installed it. Game is infinitely better now.

If anyone knows the shortcut key for "end turn", please let me know.
change it in the config

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

:hmmm:

It's been mentioned at least once on every single page of this thread for the last month. But I'm glad you caught yourself and realized that the post literally directly before yours also mentioned it, otherwise you might have made a real ass of yourself and undermined the whole point of your shitposting.
Best....burn....ever. XD

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

None that you couldn't use something else to pass. Literally a non-issue.

If you use Clever Wordplay... you don't use Charisma for anything important at all. Well, maybe UMD, but that's generally easy to raise/buff and has only fairly niche use anyway.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
TB games nowdays tend to be obsessed with reinforcement mechanics. D:OS and Shadowruns come to mind: both game add more and more enemies on battlefield as combat goes on. At least in P:K you mostly see what you'd get before aggroing enemy pack and do not have another +5 enemies spawning at your back, or extra archers behind/at some cover, at round 2-3-5.

Daidre

Arcane
But it never devolves into D:OS when you shoot at lone skeleton in the forest and dozen of his friend spawn around you at the same second aggroed across 3-4 screens range. An this was 2/3 of all fights (before I dropped the game in ch 2).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well it was worse in DOS2 tbh.

Although right, they actually fixed spiders cave so I guess no spawns now?

There are still spawns in act 3 and I think wild hunt just parachutes on you in HATEOT instead of standing there (probably did this to not make them just die to stinking cloud).

Daidre

Arcane
I was kinda surprised at new random encounters in P:K EE. Especially when I had 3 Ancient Wyverns dropping right on my backrow when melees were fighting ahead and chewing through Octavia in the first round.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well it was worse in DOS2 tbh.

Although right, they actually fixed spiders cave so I guess no spawns now?

There are still spawns in act 3 and I think wild hunt just parachutes on you in HATEOT instead of standing there (probably did this to not make them just die to stinking cloud).

The centipedes also still spawn in around you outside the mites' entrance to the Sycamore Depths, I think.

bataille

Arcane
Also, there's a monster in the tower of elk bloom that can only be killed with specific spells you cannot possibly guess without looking up a forum post about it
If you inspect it, the tooltip says that it has regeneration as well as how to stop it (negative energy in that case). I don't think it even requires a lore check. Very handy for a lot of the more tricky enemies with innate abilities like that (or when you meet new ones).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom