Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Oh God, I would never have figured out where to find that stupid
third key in the House. I swear that mist looks continuous to me and I couldn't tell there are actually two of them in that tiny fucking room. It also doesn't help that I actually went through there twice and it teleported me randomly in the house, suppose I didn't hit the sweet spot. Who the hell came up with this shit? :negative:

Not the Adventure Path, as far as I can tell. This is all Original Owlcat Design Donut Steel.

Israfael

Arcane
What's funny - you can probably finish the game in 'betrayer's flight' if game works as I think. When you are at the entrance of the room with the nymph, Arthas and the stat drain spam witch, just cast stinking cloud into it (without entering) - for some arcane reason, Sister will get aggroed and she'll start attacking ... Nyrissa. Not sure if she can be killed in such a way, but if she's got hps and stats, the witch will probably drain her of wis or dex in few rounds.
:baka:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Lawntoilet
what happens if you spare the slaves? In my 1st play, I let them burn and then Octavia burned his mom's house -- got the Lethality trait +2 dex and some other thing
If you save the slaves you can stop her from burning the house? what does she get? Also what does Regongar get?
They both get good gear.
Octavia reconciles with her mom and gets a Cha/Int amulet, +6 I think, and Reg gets a good cloak, like +5 Resistance +2 AC and some kind of casting boost IIRC.
Well, at least buddying up with Armag paid off!

How?

He joins you in the final battle.
And promptly gets paralyzed by Wild Gaze.

e: I just wanted to point out - Kingmaker had a 22,500 player peak on Steam. Only 0,2% of players have managed to finish all companion quests. Only 1,2% managed to finish the game.
Completion rate doesn't mean much this early after release. It's a long game. RPGs have low completion rates anyway.
Devs have stated you're not supposed to finish all companion quests in one playthrough due to their
IMO retarded idea that you should have to choose between Tristian and Amiri's quests depending who you chase first after Vordakai's, despite the fact that Amiri's companion quest makes sense to be time sensitive and Tristian's totally doesn't.
Bugs worked in my favor though so I'm one of the 0.2% who completed them all.
:excellent:
Well I killed Tristan and Failed Amiri... I rushed to kill tristain.
Don't blame you but that makes me think, regarding the quests being mutually exclusive:
You have more reason to chase Tristian especially if he has the Oculus. In particular, you have more personal reasons: You may want to chase him for revenge, or to try and win him back to your side, or if you're romancing him, or to out of a desire for the Oculus' power.
The Barbarians and Amiri's quest are greater threats to your kingdom and your allies, though, and making the barbarians the choice you need to rush for (without impacting the Tristian quest) would be good to reinforce that you get a better outcome putting the considerations of the kingdom before personal considerations.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
As far as I know you can have both Jeital and Tristian alive in the end...
Yes under very specific conditions.
So now it is best to wait for the DLC to even play this game right? And then we will wait for the patches.

See you guys in 18 months.
Start playing it just before Realms Beyond releases, so you miss the bugfix cycle of that game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok in my search for mods that let you see romance points and increase them or push forward the trigger,i found this mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/29?tab=description
I have a bunch of useless cheats but also have one of the best things modded till now. The ability to restart,progress or complete the quests you have. It really help when an X quests is bugged. :salute:

Also bag of tricks have some neat thing,you may want to check it out.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
They both get good gear.
Octavia reconciles with her mom and gets a Cha/Int amulet, +6 I think, and Reg gets a good cloak, like +5 Resistance +2 AC and some kind of casting boost IIRC.

Woah. Seems pretty decline if it only gives that boost. You are occupying a slot that could be used much better when at the time headbands of mental perfection +6 are already floating.
while inherited +2DEX (plus something related to sneak attacks if I am not wrong). is MUCH better.
I wanted to see new content, but I am using Octavia actively... so I guess they have to burn again.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
They both get good gear.

Woah. Seems pretty decline if it only gives that boost. You are occupying a slot that could be used much better when at the time headbands of mental perfection +6 are already floating.
while inherited +2DEX (plus something related to sneak attacks if I am not wrong). is MUCH better.
I wanted to see new content, but I am using Octavia actively... so I guess they have to burn again.
Yeah the amulet is OK but a regular +stat is better. Reg's cloak was really awesome but I don't know what bonus he gets from the other path.
I can't confirm their bonuses 100% because I deleted my endgame save, though.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah the amulet is OK but a regular +stat is better. Reg's cloak was really awesome but I don't know what bonus he gets from the other path.
I can't confirm their bonuses 100% because I deleted my endgame save, though.

Hope someone else can confirm, so I can burn those slaves without regret
btw Regongar
he still gets a Cloak; he kills the old last guy from his tribe and gets the cloak of him. I guess the bonus must be similar, I never bothered since I never used him and he is the only one who can use it.

They both live in the end if you burn the slaves so it just matters from a RP perspective.
I read on Reddit someone had 1 of them die and the other survive and I have no idea how that could happen since they have their questline attached. I wonder how does the game decide who to let live between the two if you don't finish their quests.

Last edited:

Draugir101

Novice
I just wish there was some ultrachad companions, similar to Korgan Bloodaxe in BG2. The guy would literally attack the companions he deemed too annoying. Here we just have a bunch of ultra beautiful women with swords. The guys at act 1 are: a bisexual half-orc, a feminine deeva in disguise and of course the bisexual half-orc. Granted, I haven't played much past act 1

edit: forgot to mention the nihilistic dwarf... it just saddens me they could make such a boring character and have him be a dwarf... Not that I blame them for testing out other potentials for a dwarf companions, but well... boring nihilist is not what a dwarf should be IMO

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I just wish there was some ultrachad companions, similar to Korgan Bloodaxe in BG2. The guy would literally attack the companions he deemed too annoying. Here we just have a bunch of ultra beautiful women with swords. The guys at act 1 are: a bisexual half-orc, a feminine deeva in disguise and of course the bisexual half-orc. Granted, I haven't played much past act 1
Jubilost is not a Chad but he's pretty cool and a good bro.
Regongar is also better than his first impression.
Nok-Nok is the real hero of the story though.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Biggest problem with companions aren't their sexual orientation, or they horrible stats.
But their retarded quest line. Amiri "herpa derpa I wanna be warrior they discriminate", while you even find other barbarian warrior women in the game and there has been 0 issues with women warriors in DND since... the 70s (Paizo fault here probably).
Valerie I don't want to be beautiful I want to be a warrior is on the same level, or even worse.
And Harrim "Unmaker" bullshit.
They are also the worst companions stats-wise, I wonder if it's a coincidence.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Biggest problem with companions aren't their sexual orientation, or they horrible stats.
But their retarded quest line. Amiri "herpa derpa I wanna be warrior they discriminate", while you even find other barbarian warrior women in the game and there has been 0 issues with women warriors in DND since... the 70s (Paizo fault here probably).
Valerie I don't want to be beautiful I want to be a warrior is on the same level, or even worse.
Jubilost's and Jaethal's are very good, I thought.
I liked Nok-Nok's and Harrim's too but not to the same extent.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Jubilost, Jaethal are good I agree.
And BAM is okish I guess, exept the party thing... "hey the people are exploding all around the barony, let's make a party to the black archer man!".
Nok-nok, I don't know, maybe if they didn't use the retarded "funny music" during goblin encounters.
I didn't like Harrim.... first of all, you have 0 options during the Trobold to tell him anything but mock him.
Then, with the dwarves everywthing felt shallow, and his unmaker thing leads to nowhere.
I like him as a companion though (he's a bad cleric, but I love dwarves so I am biased).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

And BAM is okish I guess, exept the party thing... "hey the people are exploding all around the barony, let's make a party to the black archer man!".
Nok-nok, I don't know, maybe if they didn't use the retarded "funny music" during goblin encounters.
I didn't like Harrim.... first of all, you have 0 options during the Trobold to tell him anything but mock him.
Then, with the dwarves everywthing felt shallow, and his unmaker thing leads to nowhere.
I like him as a companion though (he's a bad cleric, but I love dwarves so I am biased).
Jubilos,Lindzy,amiri and octavia are really annoying when it come down to moral stuff that pops up during dialogue. They do love to throw tyranny,rights and feelz left and right a lot. The nigger is kind of there,i played a game with him and a game that i killed him first time i saw him.......there is no fucking difference. I never bothered with the ork cuck,so i have no opinion on him. The rest are decent.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you can see past his... tastes, Regongar is quite likeable.
He shouldn't be Chaotic Evil though, Chaotic Neutral at best, and the same thing for Octavia.
BAM is a bit of a Mary Sue, but I didn't dislike him (never played with him in the party though).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think in his case, he's CE to reflect his past, but it's been changing towards CN over time.
Besides, homosexuality is objectively evil according to some, so there's that!

sser

Arcane
Developer
So I'm assuming they patched this game into being playable now that a new DLC is coming out, yeah?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also, be honest, who turned the difficulty down to Storymode for the endgame because they couldn't take the endless ghosts / Wild Hunt parties anymore?

I know I did. Decline, I know.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Harrim's first quest is bad because you can only react one way to him (I wonder if that changes if you're a cleric of Groetus? Doubt it). I guess I more liked how he responded to the quest events than the events himself, I felt like his development as part of the quest was good.
Same with Nok-Nok, it was more his development that I liked, and showing how he is trying so hard to be a hero when he's just not suited for it.
Jubilos,Lindzy,amiri and octavia are really annoying when it come down to moral stuff that pops up during dialogue. They do love to throw tyranny,rights and feelz left and right a lot.
Well they are Chaotic, that's to be expected.
Also, be honest, who turned the difficulty down to Storymode for the endgame because they couldn't take the endless ghosts / Wild Hunt parties anymore?

I did but only after I got all my companions back (because if I could take them with a smaller party then I felt like I could do it with a full party no problem, so I wasn't missing anything). I turned it back up for all the Shadow fights under Lantern King's Curse, turned it down again for the copypaste mobs in the capital, then back up for Lantern King.
Those trash mob Wild Hunt encounters are extremely tedious.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
So I'm assuming they patched this game into being playable now that a new DLC is coming out, yeah?

It's been playable for quite awhile, but the last patch is definitely the best it's been.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

The problem is less that these enemies are there and more that after you enter the House you can kiss any sort of peaceful solutions goodbye. The Wild Hunt from what I gathered aren't mindless idiots, they are mercenaries and can be reasoned with. It would have been a wonderful inversion of themes if the party could go to Nyrissa's "kingdom" and sow the same chaos and treachery that she has been fucking you with the entire time. Talk her servants into betraying her, sabotage her shit, create an uprising, that sort of thing.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I finally fucking finished them game. Only took me half a dozen restarts in the beginning due to the hotfixes and whatnot and indecisiveness regarding my class.
350 hours for one playthrough. Can't say I didn't get my money's worth. Enjoyed the ending slides and it's actually impressive how many seemingly inconsequential choices make it in there, so that was nice.

BUT
I have never seen a game shit the bed so hard at the end. Everything after entering the House at the Edge of Time is complete and utter shit. Everything. The game turns form a solid 8/10 into
giphy.gif

Popamole copy/pasted packs of overtuned enemies in nearly every room, worse than PoE ever was. Bugs out the ass. Loading screens out the ass. An incomprehensible map that they simply fucking copied so you have to explore everything TWICE. No more choices, no more branching paths, no more dialogue options, FUCKING NOTHING. And oh my Lord I thought I was done after the Nyrissa but nooooo, it only gets worse after that! The part where you gather old allies and see them all joining the fight was neat. The fact that none of it fucking mattered because they were of no help or consequence AT ALL ruined the whole experience in a matter of minutes though. AND THE FUCKING WILD HUNT FAGGOTS ARE BACK AGAIN BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY ARE. At that point I put the difficulty down to Story Mode because I absolutely couldn't bear it anymore. Thanks Owlcat for making me shit all over my own principle, feels great. Didn't get the achievement for playing on Challenging either of course but I don't think I would have been able to defeat the Lantern King anyway, at least not with another 50 hours of reloading.

Oh and of fucking course there is no way to keep playing after the Lantern King. Who would want to go back to their kingdom and fuck around some more? Nobody, of course, lol!

I simultaneously want to hug the people at Owlcat for making an inclined classic CRPG and then lock them in their office and burn it all to the ground.

tenor.gif
Umm... What did you think was going to happen when you start with stat bloat? It is like one of those old PS JRPGs, where you get palette swaps as the new enemies and the next thing you know, they palette swapped the Chapter 1 boss and it is now not only stronger but a common trash mob. The difference is that JRPGs are built for that. You do a piddly 10 damage at the beginning and by the end of the game, you hit the damage cap of 9999 unless you have something that breaks that and the damage goes to the stratosphere. Good luck doing that with d20, but Owlcat tried anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom