Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
I intend to have Jaethal tank. I am not married to her inquisitor class, though the broad scope of abilities has appeal to me. Rongongar was a tougher decision. I wanted to use the kineticist from the DLC, but figured I needed an off tank. I also liked the supportive arcane casting so that my AT would have more latitude in spell selection. If he is truly a chore he may get dropped for the barbarian. Personality wise, I was looking to do a morally ambiguous party of misanthropes. I figure I will get most out of this game by sitting on the fence, alignment wise. I also tried to stick to similar alignments to avoid party members dueling or deserting on my first Play through. I am still very early in game, so my options are still wide open. I appreciate the replies.
If you have more than 3 melee they get in the way of each other if you plan to have any battle lines.
In my experience best party is 3 melee and 3 ranged.

Has anyone managed to figure out a solution to this game's performance issues - namely the stuttering?
After beating PoE 2 i'm eager to play this game but last time i played it (not too long ago btw, after the enhanced edition) i had to abandon a campaign due to stuttering that kept getting worse and worse as the game went on.
Any ideas? I've tried things like restarting, clearing ram, cpu affinity etc. btw.

Yeah, I had the same issue after EE came out. Google it, saw advice to lower AA (Anti-Aliasing). Tried it, it helped it a lot. Lower it to 4x first, then 2x, then disable altogether is still stutters. At 2x, mine doesn't stutter much anymore.
Well i did start a new save with a few tweaks in place and the cleaner mod from the get go. I don't think my problem is with AA because i have an affected save that doesn't respond to graphics changes stuttering wise. Fingers crossed though.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I intend to have Jaethal tank. I am not married to her inquisitor class, though the broad scope of abilities has appeal to me. Rongongar was a tougher decision. I wanted to use the kineticist from the DLC, but figured I needed an off tank. I also liked the supportive arcane casting so that my AT would have more latitude in spell selection. If he is truly a chore he may get dropped for the barbarian. Personality wise, I was looking to do a morally ambiguous party of misanthropes. I figure I will get most out of this game by sitting on the fence, alignment wise. I also tried to stick to similar alignments to avoid party members dueling or deserting on my first Play through. I am still very early in game, so my options are still wide open. I appreciate the replies.

You could always bite the bullet and have Reg get Crane Wing the hard way (without a monk splash). His does have an open hand. That’s 9 extra dodge AC - nice against late touch attacks and makes all the AoOs he generates much less annoying. He can also be a full caster in heavy armor by lvl 13 if you go straight Magus, which is something no one else can do. Lvl 10 Magus lets you use Magus lvls for fighter feats, so you can also get weapon specialization.

Desiderius

Patron
Is it worth it to use feats to make Reg uses falcata ?

It’s only one feat. Most use scimitar for the wider crit range (your spell damage only gets doubled whatever the weapon multiplier.

I prefer to splash sword saint to get exotic and focus all at once, but he’s the one companion who can’t do that.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
You could always bite the bullet and have Reg get Crane Wing the hard way (without a monk splash). His does have an open hand. That’s 9 extra dodge AC - nice against late touch attacks and makes all the AoOs he generates much less annoying. He can also be a full caster in heavy armor by lvl 13 if you go straight Magus, which is something no one else can do. Lvl 10 Magus lets you use Magus lvls for fighter feats, so you can also get weapon specialization.
I believe Spellstrike or Spell Combat shuts Crane Wing off because it counts as dual-wielding as of patch 1.1 but I might be wrong.
Looking at the magical weapons available it seems to me that the runeblade scimitars are the best choice for a strength-based Magus.
They're good for sure, probably the best-distributed Magus weapon. The other options I'd suggest are Dueling Sword (specifically for Bloodhound) or Longsword (specifically for Perfection, the +7 sword)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Anyone used Call of the Wild mod? I wonder how well the new classes work, and how they are balance-wise with other classes.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone used Call of the Wild mod? I wonder how well the new classes work, and how they are balance-wise with other classes.

The classes that they add are pnp classes, Witch is very similar in power to wizard, except the Hexes, but the best Hexes like ice tomb are apparently not on mod. I only tested for a very little time. About other classes, can't judge.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'd actually say Witch is less powerful than a Wizard. Their spell list is lacking a lot of the spells that make Wizards shine. Bloodrager I'd say is a bit better than normal Barbarian, but the spells (longarm) and free buff that make it that way aren't implemented in CotW.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'd actually say Witch is less powerful than a Wizard. Their spell list is lacking a lot of the spells that make Wizards shine. Bloodrager I'd say is a bit better than normal Barbarian, but the spells (longarm) and free buff that make it that way aren't implemented in CotW.

Do you know how well implemented Warpriest is?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Witch has at will hexes and some healing capabilities, but yes, in overall the consensus is that wizards are stronger on most situations ( https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2lklc?Wizard-or-Witch ) IMO unless resting is heavily limited and the campaign is heavily combat focused, Hexes will not be better than an bigger spell list to choose.

And an observation. Don't expect that your witch will be an good healer like an dedicated healing cleric or even an good healing druid. If the mod comes with more hex options or an DLC comes with an good implemented Witch, i will replay the game with one only because i enjoy variety and arcane casters. I really wish that Witch Hut Hex was available ( http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/hexes/hexes/grand-hexes/hex-grand-witchs-hut-su/ ) even if works in a very limited way, by summoning an giant creature that looks like an house or during the rest, allowing your "tent" to defend himself and alert the party if the party is attacked while sleeping.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Jarpie
Haven't tested it yet. I don't see any reason it wouldn't be well implemented since it uses the Cleric list and (aside from Arsenal Chaplin not being in it) all the stuff it depends on is implemented in the base game (Divine Favor) or Eldritch Arcana (Fortunes Favored trait).

_Vic_

Educated
Skald offers a less offensive and more frontline-type oriented type of bard. Is is more suited to bufff allies in the middle of the fights.
I still prefer the powerhouse of Thundercaller or Flamedancer but it is a nice adition.

Yosharian

Arcane
I believe Spellstrike or Spell Combat shuts Crane Wing off because it counts as dual-wielding as of patch 1.1 but I might be wrong.
Crane Wing isn't a modal, is it? I believe Crane Wing works automatically. So even if using Spellstrike/Spell Combat turns off Crane Wing, it will automatically be used once that action is finished, and you're not going to be casting a spell every time. Crane Wing is still a great choice. If it was a modal and was turned off every time you cast a spell, that would be a different matter.

_Vic_

Educated
I love this game in a way similar i loved Baldur's, anyone knows anything about Pathfinder 2 or any kind of sequel. This kind of games is what i love the most in crpg's , i wish same for Pillars 3 and Tyranny 2 too.
If you want to know about pathfinder 2e mechanics, there is this video of a campaign in pure Pathfinder 2e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0RypeXjabU

Don't worry, it is not critical role, the GM is actually Jason Bulmahn, one of the creators of the 2e and actually an incredible Gm

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Crane Wing isn't a modal, is it? I believe Crane Wing works automatically. So even if using Spellstrike/Spell Combat turns off Crane Wing, it will automatically be used once that action is finished, and you're not going to be casting a spell every time. Crane Wing is still a great choice. If it was a modal and was turned off every time you cast a spell, that would be a different matter.

Working from memory so might be incorrect - but I think it kicks in when the Defensive Fighting modal is on.

Pathfinder: Kangmaker 2

First chapter, all enemies are only vulnerable to enchanted +5 broomsticks.

Second chapter, there is a floating skull with 40,000 AC and and an insta-gib breath attack that does 4 million damage. But, BUTTTT, he can be one shot by a special potion found in a corner of some tiny optional map.

Citizen

Bros, how does outflank's ability to proc AoOs work? You need to just flank the same opponent as an ally or flank the same opponent AND stay close to that ally? I wanna test a thug with keen elven curved blade aka weeb katana

_Vic_

Educated

Second chapter, there is a floating skull with 40,000 AC and and an insta-gib breath attack that does 4 million damage. But, BUTTTT, he can be one shot by a special potion found in a corner of some tiny optional map.

Oh, no, that would be horrible.
They should "make the rules more relaxed" to "cater to a larger audience"; "reduce the difficulty for casual players" and work out things that "In the tabletop works fine, but do not work well in modern videogames" like "misses, slow levelups, spell slots"

Yeah, they should do that, and add cooldowns, no misses and all fights winnable with auto-attack and all possible classes and spells. Add DLCs with cool colored armors and pay-to-win boxes. And a playable battle royale mode. That would be cool

Also microtransactions, just to be sure the game is absolutely mainstream and a clone of other 100 titles.
/ironic

ED:
Bros, how does outflank's ability to proc AoOs work? You need to just flank the same opponent as an ally or flank the same opponent AND stay close to that ally? I wanna test a thug with keen elven curved blade aka weeb katana
IIRC you have to flank the same enemy, you do not have to be close to the allies. I got the benefit even attacking huge enemies like lindworm or the owlbear from different sides.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

You’d think Porky would be embarrassed to suck that bad, but you’d be wrong. He’s not alone.

My theory is it’s the result of anti-bullying programs. Anti-bullying is like anti-vaxxing for social skills.

Codex Year of the Donut

Fifth chapter, another unfinished game

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Pathfinder Kingmaker din't had gimmicky battles or hard battles. And you can put on story if you are struggling in a battle.

In fact, here is an guy soloing the last boss on unfair

They should "make the rules more relaxed" to "cater to a larger audience"; "reduce the difficulty for casual players" and work out things that "In the tabletop works fine, but do not work well in modern videogames" like "misses, slow levelups, spell slots"

Yeah, they should do that, and add cooldowns, no misses and all fights winnable with auto-attack and all possible classes and spells. Add DLCs with cool colored armors and pay-to-win boxes. And a playable battle royale mode. That would be cool

Amazing ideas. Only to add one more. Make the monk unarmed attacks and the casters spell damage scale with how big and sharp their axes are, and get rid of immunities and DR, let the players burn an fire elemental to death, let swords be effective against skeletons as an mace. That makes perfectly sense. Jay Wilson will love to see it on PfK2. And implement an dialog wheel. Bioware and BUGthesda will love it. And remove attributes and skills, make everyone an clone, like wow. Blizzard will love it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom