Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
To have Jeital and Tristian alive you need to push J-bitch ot a Bright Side of Force. That's all.
Turn her into kawai witch.

Efe

Erudite
she got killed by tristian for me :(
how does she explain her being there? whats her ending slides?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't get the accusations of pandering to 'stronk wymyn' or whatever - if you just read what Amiri says and what she did, you'd conclude that she's a horrible monster who not just broke with tradition, but damned her own tribe (including her, ahem, admirer) with a curse that will lead to their total annihilation sooner rather than later. Moreover, she does not give a shit about it at all (like, she's total egotist and an idiot) and does not understand (as her friend later says) that all her problems come from her lack of self-confidence and inability to see that her actions might hurt others. Jae is straight up evil character that has no real redemption, Octavia is probably the best of them despite her skittish nature (Linzi basically caused the mob to kill a guilty, yet not completely evil bard, Valerie is willing to let the world burn rather than face her own fears and prejudices). Same goes for the magic negro - if you let him choose, he's willing to let revenge consume him and does not really think how his actions might have doomed his family. There's no geniune "Mary Sue" companions in the game, each and every has their own flaws and agendas, except Nok-Nok, who is just an actor on a stage which is the world itself

The problem is that even these characters being better then usual - it doesn't change anything.
It's not usual crude pandering maybe - but what about the men?
How many men in game? Where they are?
I mean normal white men, not those from various minorities.
4 of them are women.
Of a men - one is old grandpa, one is a negro, one is some cripple - dwarf, one some Spanish pilot (nok-nok), one is not exactly a man and is so sugary - was made for "women" who love homosexuals, tupical bioware audience, and the last is cuckold shithead.

Subtotal: ZERO.

SJW acting not only through pandering, but through displacement of men characters from everywhere.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Can you goblins go back to your Politics dens and leave these parts to the people that are on 'Dex for games first and shitpoing about politics second?

I was wondering how this game didn't suffer the fate of Siege of Dragonspear but now I see it will. Goblins are slowly coming out from their dens.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Umm... What did you think was going to happen when you start with stat bloat? It is like one of those old PS JRPGs, where you get palette swaps as the new enemies and the next thing you know, they palette swapped the Chapter 1 boss and it is now not only stronger but a common trash mob. The difference is that JRPGs are built for that. You do a piddly 10 damage at the beginning and by the end of the game, you hit the damage cap of 9999 unless you have something that breaks that and the damage goes to the stratosphere. Good luck doing that with d20, but Owlcat tried anyway.
The fact that the mobs are OP isn't the problem so much as the fact that they are copypasted and boring.
I stopped at chapter 3 because it was lame and buggy. People saying it only gets worse after that have discouraged me from finishing.
To an extent, but this is the first game I've backed and given up on a quarter of the way through.

That seems to have been a wise decision too, as I hear every chapter after 3 gets progressively worse.
Game is reasonably bug-free until the end of Pitax.
Armag and Irovetti are huge highlights of the game so you missed out by skipping Chapters 4&5.
So, you are telling me there are no real male companions in this game? I might skip this, I don't want to play with my party consisting 80% of women. BGII had Korgan, Keldorn, Minsc, Valygar, Anomen (the least hardass of them but hey), and we got Sarevok in the expansion.

That is a big minus, I was so hyped to play it, but now that I see your comments on the companions, I might let it go
Ekun is basically Valygar with a dog, Harrim is Xan but a Dwarf Cleric instead of Elf Wizard, Regongar is pretty entertaining and has some similarities to Korgan (hedonistic Evil) if you can get over his proclivities, Jubilost is abrasive in an entertaining way, Tristian is a wet blanket. Big Hero Nok-
There are males but no men. You have a cuck faggot ork,emo dwarf whining about the end times that will come after 50000000 years,a nigger dude that does nothing and it is unremembered,a jester rogue goblin,annoying journo gnome and Tristan which is maybe the best male companion.
Tristian is probably the most boring companion tbh fam, also you forgot Nok-Nok who is a real cut-up.
Kingmaker is still in the honeymoon phase. It's a new developer, it's based on D&D, and it's not Pillars of Eternity.

Eventually people will start reflecting on all the ways it's shit, and the general consensus will be that it's a shit game. Just like what happened with Pillars 1 and DOS:2 after their honeymoon phase.
I was skeptical because I don't like Paizo. I think in general people didn't have high expectations and were pleasantly surprised.
To have Jeital and Tristian alive you need to push J-bitch ot a Bright Side of Force. That's all.
Turn her into kawai witch.
No, there's more to it than that. There are requirements in Tristian's quest too.
You have to make sure the priest in his last quest doesn't die. In my game Jaethal got blown up and came back as a living Inquisitor of Pharasma, and stupid Tristian still killed her.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I was wondering how this game didn't suffer the fate of Siege of Dragonspear but now I see it will. Goblins are slowly coming out from their dens.
Are you seriously retarded enough to imply that muh soggy knees or some horseshit excuse like that is somehow responsible for the failure of Siege of Dragonqueer?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are you seriously retarded enough to imply that muh soggy knees or some horseshit excuse like that is somehow responsible for the failure of Siege of Dragonqueer?
It was in here. 75% of posters focused on few SJW stuff (and on that shitty writer girl that was fired soon after and her Minsc shit removed) , while 25% focused on nice AI and well designed encounters.

P:KM has more SJW stuff than SoD did, even with being a much bigger game. At least in SoD you didn't have a gay or bi romance with anyone, that alone beats any SJW content in SoD that got goblins over here so riled up.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It was in here. 75% of posters focused on few SJW stuff (and on that shitty writer girl that was fired soon after and her Minsc shit removed) , while 25% focused on nice AI and well designed encounters.

P:KM has more SJW stuff than SoD did, even with being a much bigger game. At least in SoD you didn't have a gay or bi romance with anyone, that alone beats any SJW content in SoD that got goblins over here so riled up.
The worst thing about SoD was the rewriting of the original companions, and the acknowledgment that they were revising the characters. Jaheira's SoD writer straight-up said "Yeah I don't really like her because she's bossy so I just made her Generic Stronk Wymyn instead." And of course the whole Minsc thing.
P:KM may have more SJW stuff but it also has much better writing overall.
Goddammit ArchAngel why'd you have to go and make me think of Beamdog today :argh:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

So, what you're saying is that if a game isn't actually complete and utter shit, people have a higher tolerance for SJW trash being snuck in, and this somehow vindicates Siege of Dragonqueer how, exactly?

Also, saying that PF:K has more SJW stuff than Siege of Dragonqueer isn't really doing it any favors. All it shows is that even though something is trash, it can be swallowed if wrapped in enough candy, and that outrage fatigue is a thing; which is precisely what SJW's depend on, and always has. They know full well that if they just keep cramming their awful horseshit into things, it'll eventually become the new norm and people will carry on as usual.

But no, PF:K stands as a quality game despite the SJW shit that is in it. Siege of Dragonqueer does not. Trying to reframe the awful that was Dragonqueer into having tanked because of evul nahtzee gamergators who hate wimmen and muh sexist homophobia is fucking stupid. The hamfisted and horrible SJW horseshit that was in Dragonqueer was only the symptom of a disease, it was never the fundamental issue. People can overlook a great deal if something just happens to be good. The kind of good that Dragonqueer was not.

This is part of what makes so many believe that PF:K isn't the product of actual SJW's, but that the SJW elements are rather something that was contractually mandated by the PaizoCorp tard-brigade - it is simply inconceivable that SJW's would produce something of actual merit, since it has never happened before. It's fucking uncanny how consistently inept these people normally are, likely because of their entrenched anti-meritocratic ideologies and affirmative action policies.

But yeah, sorry, went of on a tangent there; point being, Dragonqueer didn't fail because people hate minorities or some complete and utter delusion like that.

It failed because it was shit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
First of all how do you know it failed? They sold out all the editions with physical awards, sales on their own platform were so good it killed their servers for a whole day and I am sure Steam sales did at least OK.

I never agreed that it failed and I am not even talking about that. I am talking how goblins that spent 100% of the time here shitting on SJW stuff in SoD are now starting to do same to this awesome game that has as much or more SJW stuff but was so far spared from most attacks.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You know how there's a great series of films that has one or two really stellar entries but then has some really dogshit bastardization that comes a decade or so after and misses the entire point? That's Dragonsiege.

Even if you take out the goofy shit in Dragonsiege's dialogue, it's still an out of place expansion that nobody ever wanted to see created.

Parabalus

Arcane
Comparing P:KM to SoD on the SJW-ery scale is beyond retarded.

In SoD you were forced to endure lengthy cutscenes with agenda speak, PF:KM has a few mentions of it from minor NPCs. No way is the scale comparable.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Dude, this is a slavs game, women are not in for politics, they are in for fanservice.

I mean, a rude dumb male barbarian exile who want to be strongest monster killer whatever = most boring companion ever.

But a fermale barbarian same thing with super abs = ooooooh yeah baby.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

In SoD you were forced to endure lengthy cutscenes with agenda speak, PF:KM has a few mentions of it from minor NPCs. No way is the scale comparable.
I don't know what scenes you are talking about. The short talk with minor and easily missed NPC transgender that you can afterwards murder without any reputation loss and get her gear?
Or the talk with that one companion that hits of girls but is then put down by another NPCs and you cannot comment anything bad about it?

What are these lengthy cutscenes? Sorry, but most complaints about SJW in SoD came down to quoting that shitty fat writer idiot. I does not matter what she said, the game itself didn't have as much SJW stuff as P:KM has. And Minsc stuff was removed in a patch. While Owlcat are adding more bisexual companions in a DLC...

EDIT: And SoD had better enemy AI than P:KM and more dangerous enemy casters. And on harder difficulty the lvl 8 to 11 content in SoD is better designed and balanced than lvl 8 to 11 in P:KM.

Generic-Giant-Spider

How does it feel like knowing no woman (unverified) will ever look at you like Smetanka of the official Pathfinder: Kingmaker forums looks at Tristian?

I admit I got excited for a moment that we might get more hugs from Tristian. After the coronation you officially start dating, but there are no interactions for almost a year, until Saving Grace. He doesn't even act differently when you meet him in the city to say hi (I always stop by to say hi). So would be great to get some camp talks to just chat with him about how he's feeling, hold his hand or give him a hug. Imo he seems like he could use it, considering how depressed he is when SG starts.

Parabalus

Arcane

I don't know what scenes you are talking about. The short talk with minor and easily missed NPC transgender that you can afterwards murder without any reputation loss and get her gear?
Or the talk with that one companion that hits of girls but is then put down by another NPCs and you cannot comment anything bad about it?

What are these lengthy cutscenes? Sorry, but most complaints about SJW in SoD came down to quoting that shitty fat writer idiot. I does not matter what she said, the game itself didn't have as much SJW stuff as P:KM has. And Minsc stuff was removed in a patch. While Owlcat are adding more bisexual companions in a DLC...

It's not about the content, but how they present it.

In no instance did I think Owlcat is pushing an agenda while I played the game, while in SoD it was palpable.

Maybe Owlcat simply does a better job of doing it subliminally?
:happytrollboy:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Tristian is probably the most boring companion tbh fam
You underestimate women desire to save innocent bois

Tristian romance
Started by Pieszka, 09-28-2018 07:02 AM
1 2 3 ... 316
Well sure his character concept is basically an animu fanfic character,
a secret villain who is literally a fallen angel and needs the heroine to save him.
He's a better character than that implies but is still pretty boring and makes a lot of retarded choices in the game.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

You don't seem to have a working memory, so let me remind you: 99.99999999% of the complaints during SoD launch were about the "SJW Stuff". People were metabombing the game and trashtalking it on forums even without owning it. Most of those kids never played the original Baldur's Gate either. It was a hate bandwagon by RETARDS WITH AN AGENDA.

I finished SoD relatively recently during a BG1EE to Throne of Bhaal EE walkthrough, and i didn't find anything wrong with SoD that would warrant this amount of hatred. Yes it was linear, but other than that it was a nice expansion for those who liked the original I didn't particularly notice the transition between the original game and the SoD content, which means it was pretty much more of the same thing. Again, outside the linearity. It was just a new adventure for the Bhaalspawn.

Yet all the retards QQed like there was no tomorrow when it came out, because there was a gay reference in it, if you actually took the time and exhausted all the dialogue options with a weapons vendor...

Shadenuat

Arcane
SoD had better enemy AI than P:KM
Because they had modders on their team who worked on AI mods for years. And judging by behavior of enemies in EE these scripts are very similar to what Stratagems does.

TBH beating out of Owlcats their opinion on BG2 mods and if they have similar vision (that BG with mods is best RtWP tactical experience even today) is still something I couldn't do. But then I'm no Roguey or Safav, I don't stalk devs; I'm not even Infinitron and don't go around modern places of communikashun to get info out of them.

Well sure his character concept is basically an animu fanfic character
By womyn, for womynz :M

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

In no instance did I think Owlcat is pushing an agenda while I played the game, while in SoD it was palpable.

I think you should play SoD again without reading Codex topics about it while doing it. 'Dex has a way to change perception of people. Before I joined here I didn't even notice that elf companion in DAO being gay :D
I just ignored him for being a character I didn't want in my party. And I didn't notice Jaheira being a bitchy wife, she was just a shitty multiclass fighter/druid that I never cared to use in my parties. And so on and on.

EDIT: Amiri and Valerie are obviously pushing an agenda, at least in Act 1 when you meet them. They seem sure of themselves, only later they are deconstructed.

Parabalus

Arcane
Of a men - one is old grandpa, one is a negro, one is some cripple - dwarf, one some Spanish pilot (nok-nok), one is not exactly a man and is so sugary - was made for "women" who love homosexuals, tupical bioware audience, and the last is cuckold shithead.

Subtotal: ZERO.

SJW acting not only through pandering, but through displacement of men characters from everywhere.

The male companions:

Jubilost - rich gnome masterrace playboy, immortal, renowned author fawned over by all

Harrim - chad nihilists, destroys castles with his bare hands

Ekundayo - his quest is 2 chicks clawing over him, cmon proof of virility right here

Regognar - gives no fucks about anything or anyone, best depicted CE alignment in games. Didn't see his romance though

Nok-Nok - the real player character, you are merely his servant. Praise Lamashtu!

Tristan - backstabbing for power is an alpha move

I'd consider all of them white except Ekundayo.

Parabalus

Arcane

I think you should play SoD again without reading Codex topics about it while doing it. 'Dex has a way to change perception of people. Before I joined here I didn't even notice that elf companion in DAO being gay :D
I just ignored him for being a character I didn't want in my party. And I didn't notice Jaheira being a bitchy wife, she was just a shitty multiclass fighter/druid that I never cared to use in my parties. And so on and on.

I liked SoD and I play it when doing a trilogy run.

It definitely has more blatant agenda pushing than PF:KM though, the writers themselves proudly boasted of it. The difference from PF is that Beamdog's additions were all agenda, to "balance" out the original content, that's why it sticks out so much.

Jaheira's one of the best party members though, fighter/druid is phenomenal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom