Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
My 2nd playthrough is on full Challenging difficulty (so the enemies are a bit buffed up as compared to last time), and the combat system is shining even more. Great stuff!

On the downside, I failed the "Nature of the Best" quest. I saved Bartholomew, so I am not sure what is going on, but I assume this happened because I took my sweet time after hearing about him, instead of going there at once. Or maybe it was because at some point I left the map to rest.

At any rate: I like the fact that the map played different this time (there was a full troll assault all around the map), however failing the quest while I saved Bartholomew makes no gameplay sense. These arbitrary time restrictions, that I am in no way warned about, are getting on my nerves.

Bart quests are bugged since release...

Each playthrough I did, Guiding beacon, (finding bart's whip) bugs out when you pick up the damn whip if you have Octavia in team.

Happened in autumn 2018, winter 2018 and now winter 2019...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
My 2nd playthrough is on full Challenging difficulty (so the enemies are a bit buffed up as compared to last time), and the combat system is shining even more. Great stuff!

On the downside, I failed the "Nature of the Best" quest. I saved Bartholomew, so I am not sure what is going on, but I assume this happened because I took my sweet time after hearing about him, instead of going there at once. Or maybe it was because at some point I left the map to rest.

At any rate: I like the fact that the map played different this time (there was a full troll assault all around the map), however failing the quest while I saved Bartholomew makes no gameplay sense. These arbitrary time restrictions, that I am in no way warned about, are getting on my nerves.

Bart quests are bugged since release...

Each playthrough I did, Guiding beacon, (finding bart's whip) bugs out when you pick up the damn whip if you have Octavia in team.

Well Jub’s better for that chapter anyway.

Desiderius

Patron
Okbo was too far away to trigger Shake it Off

What is the practical distance for teamwork feats to activate? It says "adjacent", but hopefully it does not really mean it.

Shake it off.jpg

Note: Difficulty = Challenging

Desiderius

Patron
So this is a thing that can happen:

EXP overflow.jpg

You get the same EXP regardless of difficulty for regular checks, but in book events you get more EXP for checks made harder by difficulty level. Unless you go over 50, in which case you get this.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Did it couple of days ago, with Octavia in the team. Yes, quest completes earlier with her dialogue no matter what you decide, but I refused to give her whip and was able to return it to Bart for the same reward as usual, even with quest no longer "active".

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They still haven't fixed a bug that I've reported at least twice now! This bug can destroy unfair runs that aim to get everything in the prologue area. Basically in the area where the statue puzzle is at, right in front of the slime room. If you try to cast guidance on your melee fighters for a easy +1 to competence, and to set up for a quick charge on the slime. The buff won't go off. Your caster will cast it, but it won't actually be applied. It doesn't show up in the UI at all. The bug only occurs in this specific area.. Every time..

The reason why this bug is so devastating is because the slime fight is difficult on unfair. It also doesn't help that when you do fight it, you will be low on spells, bard song, and buffs. The +1 to competence bonus makes a huge difference for this fight. You need to loot everything, otherwise you won't have enough gold to buy early heavy armor, master work weapons, and custom mercs.

Last edited:

John Keel

Savant
IIRC blindfight range is extremly short, but it's fixed by either turnbased or call of the wild

John Keel

Savant
It's not zero, it's smth like 0.2 units iirc.

Tried to quickly find it, didnt manage to, I gotta dig deeper but got no interest to do that as it's fixed on my end so idc

How the fuck do you deal with Mandragora Swarms with a melee heavy party? What a retarded enemy design, but I guess in this game, it fits right in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How the fuck do you deal with Mandragora Swarms with a melee heavy party? What a retarded enemy design, but I guess in this game, it fits right in.
Use AoE scrolls with UMD? Sneak around it? Use Invisibility potions?

Edit: Have undead summons or Jaethal tank it. Or return to start of this area and add other characters into your party that can deal with it if you got no other way. There is no time limit in this chapter.

Edit: Have undead summons or Jaethal tank it. Or return to start of this area and add other characters into your party that can deal with it if you got no other way. There is no time limit in this chapter.

There IS a time limit, since every fucking day you get those dipshits attacking your kingdom and whittling down kingdom stats.

Jaethal doesnt get strength drained, but you can't exactly heal her efficiently, so she goes down fast to the swarm. What finally worked was just summoning a shitload of random crap and praying. Just managed to kill all 3 swarms before the entire party died out. My main's strength was down to 9 from 32. What a shit enemy.

Desiderius

Patron
Most Stuns are Sonic (Fortitude) not mind affecting. Is Irovetti a Thundercaller?
Nope, he opens the fight with Overwhelming Presence, and maybe, uses Fascinate as his song. Cleric's Auras neuter this shit. And many other shits in later chapters.
Like Forefather with his Confusion Aura/Gaze.

I got a little Burbled at the portal to Hate House (Khanda mind-affecting bonus didn’t trigger and guess I forgot to cast Holy Aura?). I’ll test Reg’s Cloak and Aura there in a day or too.

And Prescence is Fear. Million ways to get Fear immunity (Heroic Invocation from Petal has it as an afterthought). No wonder I don’t remember worrying much about it.

Description of Prescence says it causes cowering, but it doesn’t have keyword Fear. It is Mind-affecting, so Holy Aura works (also works against Burble as just tested). Prescence is also Negative Emotion so can be removed by Joyful Rapture. Neutral Ring gives immunity to Emotion effects.

Fascinate ends if a toon is attacked.

Btw, I realized why I missed Harrim's Aura countering mind cc: the in-game description for those auras has 4 fucking paragraphs for what they do (since they have 4 different effects), and the mind cc counter is like in the third paragraph, by which point I already fell asleep. Why on earth would anyone have 4 effects for 1 fucking spell except to intentionally obfuscate how shit works?

Desiderius

Patron

There IS a time limit, since every fucking day you get those dipshits attacking your kingdom and whittling down kingdom stats.

Jaethal doesnt get strength drained, but you can't exactly heal her efficiently, so she goes down fast to the swarm. What finally worked was just summoning a shitload of random crap and praying. Just managed to kill all 3 swarms before the entire party died out. My main's strength was down to 9 from 32. What a shit enemy.

That’s what you get for swinging your sword at a swarm of bloodsucking insects. Your “party” is irrelevant. You have a team of companions with different strengths and weaknesses that it’s your job to fit to the challenges the game presents you.

That’s great design. Stop bitching and start sucking less. You have a Cleric who also can cast Fire AoEs (his companion quest gives him an ability which maximizes them) and an Alchemist who chucks Fire Bombs with debuffs attached. That’s in addition to all the obvious toons who can breathe fire or drop nukes or what have you.

Use them and stop beclowning yourself.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Btw, I realized why I missed Harrim's Aura countering mind cc: the in-game description for those auras has 4 fucking paragraphs for what they do (since they have 4 different effects), and the mind cc counter is like in the third paragraph, by which point I already fell asleep. Why on earth would anyone have 4 effects for 1 fucking spell except to intentionally obfuscate how shit works?

And yet you’ve got plenty of time and attention to spam this forum with your brain-dead bloviations.

Ignore.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
This made me smile. Bless this ravaged man, oh heavenly lord!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

And yet you’ve got plenty of time and attention to spam this forum with your brain-dead bloviations.

Ignore.
"Bloviations", I have a learned a new word. I shall use this word wisely, thanks Desiderius!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom