Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You get your companions back after Sorrowflow.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I've also suffered a bit at the hands of the balance gods. Got the keys to the kingdom, did a bit of kingdom faff and then headed for Sorrowflow. Path to it is deceptively long due to lack of river crossings and about 50% of the random encounters on the road are unavoidable party wipes (groups of level 7 wargs, group of level 5/6 snakey bois, I am level 4). Think this might be a hint that I shouldn't be trying to get to Sorrowflow yet but I persevere a bit longer and after a few reloads I get there. The companion NPC who is waiting for me is only level 5 so I suspect that the random encounters are just tuned a bit harsh. Reminds me of early game KCD in which most ambushes are death.

Going to put the game down for a bit now, only partly because of this - mostly the problem is that unlike most people in lockdown I don't have much time to play and get interrupted a lot. Blah, blah, personal reasons.

Older twin (my two-year-olds, not Kaessi) doesn't stay in bed = massively reduced time to game.

You've missed some (a great deal) of content along the way to only be at lvl four at that stage, but once you get a feel for things it's far from impossible. I used to wait until Varnhold to get the twins but now get them around lvl six.

Just bring a Delay Poison scroll or two for the big Centipedes in the cave.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, just go there with whole crew, enter area, then Sweet Teeth and companions leave during cutscene. Once you're done with area you get them back with no time spent.

Totally different than solo Nymph quest, very misleading.

Desiderius

Patron
There is. But it takes time - proportional to travel time from capital. I guess it would take many days from Sorrowflow.

Probably should never use this "feature."

One of the benefits of early Teleportation is getting to Verdant Chambers and back alone far easier. Anyone tried using the warp caves to get to Sorrowflow and back?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's funny how this game is relatively streamlined on a Baldur's Gate style level (not a AAA in 2020 level), then it randomly throws a curveball at you like a wizard who disintegrates or petrifies your party members in one hit. Also the only way to cure high level petrification seems to be a spell Octavia doesn't have, so I have to wait for a level up to get Harrim back. I'm sure some will praise this for various reasons, but IMO it's just tedious. Why not sell a scroll of cure petrification for a large chunk of money? Meh. Thankfully I'm near a level up so whatever.

The wizard even dropped shitty low-tier items. Hoorah.

Hassuf on the Main Square sells several Stone to Flesh scrolls. So it is you who is a bit "Meh".

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Hassuf on the Main Square sells several Stone to Flesh scrolls. So it is you who is a bit "Meh".

I'll check him out, thanks. Considering that spell wasn't in the game at all at launch though, I still think it's a retarded design impulse. Also why the fuck would that not be sold by clerics? Clerics are the ones you're told the whole game sell the healing and restoration spells.

This game has silly design choices that have nothing to do with complexity. Unless you're "auto maps aren't realistic and graph paper is incline!" retarded. No quest arrows is incline because we want in-dialog context clues. No one sane ever wanted neither. If you build up for 100 hours "go to priest for heals" then why the fuck would you patch in a missing healing spell scroll and put it on the weapons and armor guy? It's just a silly design decision, which the game is littered with.

Still a great game though.

Last edited:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've also suffered a bit at the hands of the balance gods. Got the keys to the kingdom, did a bit of kingdom faff and then headed for Sorrowflow. Path to it is deceptively long due to lack of river crossings and about 50% of the random encounters on the road are unavoidable party wipes (groups of level 7 wargs, group of level 5/6 snakey bois, I am level 4). Think this might be a hint that I shouldn't be trying to get to Sorrowflow yet but I persevere a bit longer and after a few reloads I get there. The companion NPC who is waiting for me is only level 5 so I suspect that the random encounters are just tuned a bit harsh. Reminds me of early game KCD in which most ambushes are death.

Going to put the game down for a bit now, only partly because of this - mostly the problem is that unlike most people in lockdown I don't have much time to play and get interrupted a lot. Blah, blah, personal reasons.

Older twin (my two-year-olds, not Kaessi) doesn't stay in bed = massively reduced time to game.

You've missed some (a great deal) of content along the way to only be at lvl four at that stage, but once you get a feel for things it's far from impossible. I used to wait until Varnhold to get the twins but now get them around lvl six.

Yes my "interruption" is also a small child...

Presumably I have less "missed" content than just opted to do a different quest first in Act 2? If it's too hard, no bother, I'll just reload the save I made before I left my throne room and do things in a different order. Based on the sounds you're all making, maybe I'll do that anyway.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I loaded my start of act 2 save. I'm halfway to lvl 6, and I did everything.

edit: I was Neutral at Sycamore, so I guess you could get more by killing everything.

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
aoAD33l.png

"It disgusts me to listen to this. What else can you share with me?"

Desiderius

Patron

Yes my "interruption" is also a small child...

Presumably I have less "missed" content than just opted to do a different quest first in Act 2? If it's too hard, no bother, I'll just reload the save I made before I left my throne room and do things in a different order. Based on the sounds you're all making, maybe I'll do that anyway.

Most of us are somewhere mid lvl five by the beginning of Act 2, and shortly thereafter lvl 6. Some lvl 6 before Stag Lord if you're a completionist.

Yosharian

Arcane
More testing yields some more information on trip mechanics: Combat Expertise's penalty applies to CMB attack rolls, but Power Attack does not. So you can safely leave on PA without losing trip effectiveness.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I guess my Dirty Harry style character doesn't mesh well with the companion quests, because I'm failing pretty much all of them. SPOILERZ: Ended up killing the whole church with Valerie, quest failed. Sacrificed whatshername at the barbarian camp with Amari, quest failed. Failed a couple others too. I finished Tristian's though. To be clear I am NOT complaining, I like choice and consequence in my RPGs a lot. It's just funny I keep making the "bad" choices.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Sacrificed whatshername at the barbarian camp with Amari
You sacrificed Amiri's best friend to the giant? Why?

Because I'm not suicidal and killing him would free his evil brother to attack my land.
But.. but...but.. That's her best friend. Of whom she's been with for all her life. The one person that she deeply cares about in that tribe. The one person she loves. Amiri may be a big bitch at times, and a bit rough. But it isn't fair for her to lose her friend like that. That friend was all she really had in that god forsaken tribe.

Even IF you weren't feeling suicidal. You CAN convince the stupid chief to kill himself instead.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was using the latest version of both. I have uninstalled the mod manager and the TB mod. I'm now playing with rtwp on my old save. The thing with the mod manager was that it would crash the game before I even got to the main menu. The times it did work, I had no actual problems playing the game with turn-based combat. I suppose that it is not a big loss. RtWP combat seem well implemented in this game.
I had this issue with the game in full screen mode. Switchong to 'full width windowed mode' or some such resolved it for me.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Very late response, but thank you. This solved my issue.

Another question. Where do the DLCs fit in the story. Is there a proper time during the campaign when you should start them?

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Another question. Where do the DLCs fit in the story. Is there a proper time during the campaign when you should start them?
You can do the first few levels of Tenebrous Depths in act 2, and other levels get gradually unlocked once you progress the main story. Varnhold's Lot you can play whenever you want, it's a seperate campaign. Best time would be right after Season of Bloom.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Most of us are somewhere mid lvl five by the beginning of Act 2, and shortly thereafter lvl 6. Some lvl 6 before Stag Lord if you're a completionist.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I did everything I could find in Act 1, including all the things mentioned here: https://pathfinderkingmaker.wiki.fextralife.com/Walkthrough

I did go after Tartuccio before getting to the bandit camp though, and as a result it was nearly empty of mobs when I got there. I suspect that might have been the problem, unless those bandits later showed up at the Stag Lords HQ. Mysterious.

Desiderius

Patron
I did go after Tartuccio before getting to the bandit camp though, and as a result it was nearly empty of mobs when I got there. I suspect that might have been the problem, unless those bandits later showed up at the Stag Lords HQ. Mysterious.

I haven't found Fextralife to be particularly reliable or exhaustive. That's missing 1/3 to 1/2 of the available experience in Ch. 1.

You may also find the following helpful:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/7/1630790506920383184/

Although I've been convinced that the default setting may be working as intended. I've since figured out that you can turn Experience Sharing back on in the middle of Jamandi's dialogue (just before Amiri joins) to give her a full share as well.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
That doesn't make a lot of sense. I did everything I could find in Act 1, including all the things mentioned here: https://pathfinderkingmaker.wiki.fextralife.com/Walkthrough

Did you do Tranquil River Bend and Ratnook Hill? Those are a big chunk of xp. Be warned that they are hard areas that should be done at the end of Act 1 after Stag Lord.

Desiderius

Patron

Did you do Tranquil River Bend and Ratnook Hill? Those are a big chunk of xp. Be warned that they are hard areas that should be done at the end of Act 1 after Stag Lord.

I don't do Tranquil until CH. 2, rewards are pretty crap other than Nunchuks you can just quickly grab. You can now get to that area south of there that has the relic piece though - wasn't aware of that until recently. Longspear +1 too there I think? Experience from disarming traps at Ratnook is substantial.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom