Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

How is Blight the strongest?

Miasma (Ex)
Starting at 5th level, if a blight druid is adjacent to a creature at the beginning of its turn, the creature must succeed at a Fortitude save with a DC of 10 + 1/2 the druid's level + the druid's Wisdom modifier or become sickened for 1 round. A creature of the animal, fey, or plant type that fails its save is nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 1 minute thereafter. If the creature makes its save, it is immune to this effect for 24 hours, as are creatures immune to disease.

This ability replaces trackless step and resist nature's lure.

That's my guess. I like Feyspeaker, but considering the amount of animals and fey in particular, this is a really good ability for a shifted/melee druid.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Sickened itself is pretty sick and not that easy to apply. But yeah nauseated is busted, as one can see from the Stinking Cloud spammers.

Desiderius

Patron
My favorite way to apply mass Sicken is Brutal Beating + Great Cleave.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interesting.

I am trying to get rid of both the "V" button and "pause at the end of every round" in my RTwP play while keeping control of the battlefield.

I have found Tristian to be a perfect metronome. In the beginning of the fight I can cast his "Touch of Good" as frequently as possible, and due to my settings the game will stop every time the spell ends. That is my "end of round" pause in the beginning of the fight combined with a huge buff for one character. And then, when the fight is decided, I can switch to autocast of something, and the party will clear the field on auto.

Desiderius

Patron
Touch of Good has limited uses. Blessing of the Faithful (short) is unlimited.

Desiderius

Patron
So for Blight Druid:

Auras are tremendous action economy with AoE requiring not even a Free Action, and the effect is unique, powerful, and persistent.

Basically the strongest thing you can do in P:K by an order of magnitude on a stick without even having to cast it.

The two favorite classes of Unfair solo king Dixon Sider were Arcane Bomber and Blight Druid.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is from Pink Eye. asking if you spot any discrepancies:

Nrz0GRO.png

SltlctW.png

ArisatoSeldom

Novice
Kinda wish Owlcat would've implemented Unchained Action Economy from splatbook as variant of Turn-Based mode. It plays so much smoother also allowing more options for non-casters, at least in PnP.

Anyway. Tried to play at release, but due bugs got blocked. Want to try playthrough with "canonical" TB, when I'll get some free time.
So main question: does a Crusader archetype scales well in the late game without legion blessing? Want to try replicate my tabletop char, but found it a little discouraging not to have "main" archetype's ability.

ArisatoSeldom

Novice
retardation on brain cancer level
That's how people end up on codex, after all.

I think trying to bring a tabletop character to a CRPG is retardation
I would agree if it's "muh rp" type of character or play in question. But we are talking about Pathfinder here. RAW (rules as written), dungeon crawl or combat oriented, no friendly NPC, little to no rp campaign and merciless GM using battle mats are almost the same as CRPG. And i was retarded enough to like it.

So, why not? It works well other way around.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Amazing. I missed out Jubilost. :lol:
When I went earlier he wasn't there.
Cue exploring the countryside, wondering how to fill in the treasurer slot.
Killed Troll Boss .. only to realize I missed out on him completely because I never revisited that point of interest.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Nrz0GRO.png

SltlctW.png

Will probably show up in combat log.
Nah, it's just that two-handed weapon training only works with melee weapons. This is another instance of tooltips/descriptions where Owlcat messed up, keeping the standard description for the weapon training feature of the standard base fighter instead of adding the correct one.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
For fuck's sake, now they're starting to fix old bugs as well. Welp, guess I'll wait with my playthrough until they're done.

Desiderius

Patron

Nrz0GRO.png

SltlctW.png

Will probably show up in combat log.
Nah, it's just that two-handed weapon training only works with melee weapons. This is another instance of tooltips/descriptions where Owlcat messed up, keeping the standard description for the weapon training feature of the standard base fighter instead of adding the correct one.

Yes, that’s what I meant.

Desiderius

Patron
Amazing. I missed out Jubilost. :lol:
When I went earlier he wasn't there.
Cue exploring the countryside, wondering how to fill in the treasurer slot.
Killed Troll Boss .. only to realize I missed out on him completely because I never revisited that point of interest.

I’d reload. And turn on place names so you can see the exclamation points.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I've made peace between the mites and kobolds in Old Sycamore and about to end the chapter. Is it safe to kill them off now for maximum xp/loot gain, or do they play a role later in the game?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I've made peace between the mites and kobolds in Old Sycamore and about to end the chapter. Is it safe to kill them off now for maximum xp/loot gain, or do they play a role later in the game?
Time to commit double genocide!

I wonder how many game decisions take into account that your alignment changed mid-quest? If you start the mite and kobold quest as Neutral, become a mediator, switch to Chaotic Neutral, you can then convince both tribes to worship you - and the game takes that into account.

Desiderius

Patron
My favorite was waiting until Reg becomes CN then making him a Scion/Feyspeaker/Mystic Theurge.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And how one can switch to Chaotic Neutral during the first act? I have switched to Lawful Evil from Neutral after the Troll Trouble was finished.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
And how one can switch to Chaotic Neutral during the first act? I have switched to Lawful Evil from Neutral after the Troll Trouble was finished.

Start as Neutral, start the Old Sycamore Quest, become a mediator, and then dump the quest whilst choosing Chaotic dialogue options everywhere else; come back when your alignment changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom