Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
I already figured it out pretty much

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like some Spectres and Soul Eaters were added to the color switch tomb (as well as another blue door so you didn’t have to go back and forth with the yellow/green switch).

Desiderius

Patron
Monk monk just doesn't seem to have any good options work giving up strong Will saves for, compared to Trad Monk.

It’s only +2. I’d have to look closely but I think a couple of picks the trad monk makes aren’t very good and you miss out on something important?

I’ll check tonight.

Desiderius

Patron
Monk gets nine ki powers of your choice, Trad gets six and most of those are shitty

Trad for splash (on WIS toon), Monk for full

Desiderius

Patron
Full Sensei does things no other class can. I'll get to that later today, but the other Monk options are very viable straight-up in ways that beat your Frankenstein monster build (STR-based SS of course dominant) due the action economy of free Trips, extra attax, and Pounce. The ki powers are... uneven, but if you test them you'll find uses there that are uniquely powerful as well. Spit Venom as no save/resistance Blind at range for instance.

Desiderius

Patron
Okay, Serious_Business, here's the screenshots you requested, whippersnapper:

Grenadier MC using Touch AC to Blind Soul Eaters in Switch Tomb:

GrenMC12 Blinding Bomb vs Soul Eaters.jpg

Can see Feyspeaker Val's Smilodon working them over in the background. Detail:

ValSmilo12 vs Soul Eaters.jpg

Crusader's Edge applying Sicken and doing big extra damage. Snowball from Val, Slow from Linzi. One nice thing about Blindness is that it lets summons do some damage:

Summons vs Blind.jpg

Linzi is focused on upping her DC with Enchantments this run:

LinziEnchanter12 vs Bulette.jpg

Curse is from MC Grenadier Bomb. Probably best Bomb in the game. Harrim's Touch of Chaos makes him roll twice and take the worst.

This is a negative save on Unfair:

Negative Save Unfair.jpg

Not something you see everyday. Here's a recipe on the Bulette map (Blood Furrows) that it is easy to miss.

Easy to miss recipe Bulette Map.jpg

The Defaced Sister Barb Camp fight on Unfair. Got hit exactly once. No stats drained.

ValSmilo12 vs Defaced Sister.jpg

Here's the once. Turnabout is fair play:

ValSmilo12 turnabout.jpg

Fight was made for CleaveBooter. Rare appearance of Forest Knight's Bracers (looks like I forgot to cast Good Hope again)

Amiri12 vs Defaced Sister Cleave Forest Knight's Bracers.jpg

Tristian and Linzi cleaning up after the fight is in hand:

Tristian12 and Linzi12 cleaning up Barbs.jpg

All that spam from Val is Cave Fangs which does a nice job slowing everybody down and getting a lot of free AoOs.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question 1: Does anyone know what exactly the Silverstep region upgrade "Jewelry Center" does?

Q2: I'm thinking of playing a Thundercaller bard. Is there any class or ability that can influence the weather?

Yosharian

Arcane
No, it is NOT merely +2. I've tested it - the in-game save progression chart is wrong (big fucking surprise). The Traditional Monk gets strong Will saves which ends up being a significant difference later on (and the build is pure monk). The ki powers are mostly bad, only the one that gives you a speed boost and the shout one are any good from what I can see, and I'd rather have faster access to the better powers and strong Will saves.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Question 1: Does anyone know what exactly the Silverstep region upgrade "Jewelry Center" does?

Q2: I'm thinking of playing a Thundercaller bard. Is there any class or ability that can influence the weather?

Q1: Nothing, it's for larping purpose

Q2: Apart from call ligthing, nothing in the base game. You can change the weather with bag of trick, so i guess there is either a mod, or the possibility to larp it yourself.

Desiderius

Patron

Q1: Nothing, it's for larping purpose

Q2: Apart from call ligthing, nothing in the base game. You can change the weather with bag of trick, so i guess there is either a mod, or the possibility to larp it yourself.

Q1: Do you have confirmation from the code?

I’ve always gotten it and the artisan masterpiece shortly thereafter.

Desiderius

Patron
And as far as I can see, Trad Monk also gets full BAB progression which is bizarre but is another feather in its cap

Another reminder that Yosh has some gaps in his knowledge. All Monks get full BAB. Unlike Rogue for instance, Thun.

I’ll test the saves as well but since you’re a WIS-based class Will saves shouldn’t be that big of a problem.

Ki power full Barkskin lasts forever and beats any equipment. True Strike will guarantee landing a CM (try Dirty Trick on Hargulka), Disease Immunity is a unique effect in the game and essential against the hardest foe (Ghost Mage), and Spit Venom is ranged no save, no resistance Blind.

If you think those suck you suck.

Sarathiour

Cipher

Nope, but from what i gathered, there is a lot of rule regarding masterpiece : they are tied to many factor ( kingdom rank, quest , time, god know what ...) . Also, it seems that only one masterpieces can be in production at any given time in the total pool of artisan . Only once the one who was "crafting" it deliver it to you, can another artisan attempt to craft his own masterpiece.

Edit: checked the save of my previous playtrough, did jewelry center, but i did not received mim's masterpiece. Well, we all know that kingdom management is very unpolished, so who know if it's a bug or a feature.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
So will i lose out if i set kingdom management to auto? I'm growing tired of it. It will only do the 4x layer for me and i will still get to talk to the envoys and give my rulings, right?

Desiderius

Patron

Nope, but from what i gathered, there is a lot of rule regarding masterpiece : they are tied to many factor ( kingdom rank, quest , time, god know what ...) . Also, it seems that only one masterpieces can be in production at any given time in the total pool of artisan . Only once the one who was "crafting" it deliver it to you, can another artisan attempt to craft his own masterpiece.

Edit: checked the save of my previous playtrough, did jewelry center, but i did not received mim's masterpiece. Well, we all know that kingdom management is very unpolished, so who know if it's a bug or a feature.

I had all MPs by ch 6 last playthrough, so doubt the simultaneous rule applied.

Desiderius

Patron
So will i lose out if i set kingdom management to auto? I'm growing tired of it. It will only do the 4x layer for me and i will still get to talk to the envoys and give my rulings, right?

You’ll lose out on all the benefits, which are substantial. One I got the hang of it it was my favorite part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom