Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You're doing something wrong if you have cash flow issues past the midgame.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Stoneskin is useless on harder difficulties. But normal is really easy, with saves or without.
What? Stoneskin is one of the most powerful buffs in the game. It might get comparatively weaker on Unfair because of the double damage, but what better use do you have for that 5th level slot?

You can hit for 50-100 dmg in Act1 by some enemies. Things hit higher later. 10 dmg reduction wouldnt help.

Magic is not to get hit at all, invest in +AC/speed buffs instead of stoneskin.

Syme

Arbiter
Still only chip damage much of the time, but worth it on builds that want lots of attax (ranged, two-weapon).
It can go up to an extra 5d6 per attack. Hardly chip damage. That is 15 damage on average per successful hit.

ssHBAcY.png

d6's average at 3.5, not 3. So the average 5d6 would be 17.5, not 15.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Stoneskin is useless on harder difficulties. But normal is really easy, with saves or without.
What? Stoneskin is one of the most powerful buffs in the game. It might get comparatively weaker on Unfair because of the double damage, but what better use do you have for that 5th level slot?

You can hit for 50-100 dmg in Act1 by some enemies. Things hit higher later. 10 dmg reduction wouldnt help.

It’s the last 10-15 that one shots you. False Life/Aid/Stoneskin are all good action economy insurance policies. Add Burst of Glory and Inspire Greatness and you’ve made yourself an HP sponge.

Desiderius

Patron

5th level Alchemist book is a travesty.

Desiderius

Patron
upload_2020-9-6_8-33-48.png

When you hit level 6 at the beginning of Varnhold DLC, Bruiser’s (evil monk tank) Barkskin gives him +3 Natural Armor, which your Ranger can’t cast yet and you can’t get from items.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Well this thread got a little bit bitchy.

I usually have one ankle-biter following me around that gives Yosh ideas.

Thun, your Thug/Pal/SF is fine (you can even kick it up to three levels on the Pal subclass Divine Guardian to use your extra DEX-based AoOs to protect your other toons if you like) and the smaller your team the better it gets.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

It’s the last 10-15 that one shots you. False Life/Aid/Stoneskin are all good action economy insurance policies. Add Burst of Glory and Inspire Greatness and you’ve made yourself an HP sponge.

Hey, retard. I call you retard because you never played on Unfair maybe past tutorial.

My ally just got hit by Cyclops for 208 damage. Level 6 party. Tell me how would 10 dmg reduction would help.

3d6 +22 (x3) = 104 Slashing. 208 damage for Unfair.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Well this thread got a little bit bitchy.

I usually have one ankle-biter following me around that gives Yosh ideas.

Thun, your Thug/Pal/SF is fine (you can even kick it up to three levels on the Pal subclass Divine Guardian to use your extra DEX-based AoOs to protect your other toons if you like) and the smaller your team the better it gets.

If they are always people who call you retard. Maybe they have a point?

You talk about stoneskin being great, but never played unfair where your lvl 6 party can get 1-hit by 208 dmg hit. How would 10 dmg reduction will help you, retard?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Question remains: how would 10 dmg reduction would help you when you are crit at lvl 6 for 208 damage on Unfair?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Two of best lvl 5 spells for my dps Sorc.

Fire snake.
Cone of cold.

Desiderius

Patron
Tbh I’m usually too lazy to cast Stoneskin before Jub hits lvl 13. Every screenshot I post is Unfair. You may wish to peruse some of the last ten thousand.

Where are you fighting a Cyclops at lvl 6? Varnhold DLC? They shouldn’t get any swings in in the first place.

Troll at Old Oak and Boggart Champ can hit hard enough to one shot you too of course.

Desiderius

Patron
Question remains: how would 10 dmg reduction would help you when you are crit at lvl 6 for 208 damage on Unfair?

When you pad your HP high enough for 198 damage not to kill you outright. That’s an extreme case. You can’t cast it at lvl 6 yet anyway.

Yosharian

Arcane
That's the problem with building for DR, you become impregnable for little shits but heavy hitters can still take you out, and there's also spell damage to consider. DR is just not a viable end game strategy.

Desiderius

Patron
Well said. That’s why I’ve soured in the Monk splash.

Summons, difficult terrain, and Parry are other solutions to the same problem.

DR + getting hit a lot is a bad strategy. DR + passive HP boosts + not getting hit = required for Ironman/Tinman. Very few mobs can one shot you through all the tools you have if you use them properly.

infniitron

Not Infinitron
So I'm using respec mod how can I rebuild Harrim as a effective cleric? his default stats pretty much suck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom