Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They tried to balance with Mercs. They have higher stats, but in wrong places.

Like combat expertise needs 13 Int and any tank would need 13 Int, but Valerie lacks it. etc, but has high Cha, which is useless for tank unless you go for weired builds etc.
Meh, I immediately turned her into a Kinetic Knight when I saw her stat spread and got rid of her tower shield so she can actually hit something. I don't think of my RPG parties like an MMO, though, there are no "tanks" and such.

You need 1 character in party with really high AC (max) for Unfair. I call some character "tank".

Sir, this is the P:K forum. WoW isn’t a CRPG.

I play more offense than defense so all my front liners can handle themselves. Haven’t had any trouble with Val in four different builds.

Maybe if you weren’t gimping your offense so badly you wouldn’t need to tank and spank. I don’t have to cast Fox’s Cunning on her because I’m not obsessed with slavishly following retards like InEffect.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Dude I’ve completed the first five chapters on Unfair with four different classes on each MC and companion and posted screenshots doing it.

Noticed exactly zero from you.

Judging from your posts, you just "Story mode" game than put Unfair at end and call it a win.

Telling that storyline characters are at least on same strengh as mercs is one of most idiotic things said on this forums. And i've read a lot idiotic things from likes of you.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

I play more offense than defense so all my front liners can handle themselves. Haven’t had any trouble with Val in four different builds.

Maybe if you weren’t gimping your offense so badly you wouldn’t need to tank and spank. I don’t have to cast Fox’s Cunning on her because I’m not obsessed with slavishly following retards like InEffect.

If you stopped playing Story-mode you wouldnt notice that if your offence characters who fight in melee get 1-shotted by enemy hits they cant do offence, do they.

About Fox cunning, i never used on tank. you are speaking with youself.

Desiderius

Patron
This is the damage InEffect has done.

Game designed around group synergies and he’s got people soloing shitty builds in parallel and trying to AMOG people doing it right.

Only saving grace is how powerful playing the game as designed is. Only trick is getting people to try it.

Desiderius

Patron
Dude I’ve completed the first five chapters on Unfair with four different classes on each MC and companion and posted screenshots doing it.

Noticed exactly zero from you.

Judging from your posts, you just "Story mode" game than put Unfair at end and call it a win.

Telling that storyline characters are at least on same strengh as mercs is one of most idiotic things said on this forums. And i've read a lot idiotic things from likes of you.

Scoreboard, faggot.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
This is the damage InEffect has done.

Game designed around group synergies and he’s got people soloing shitty builds in parallel and trying to AMOG people doing it right.

Only saving grace is how powerful playing the game as designed is. Only trick is getting people to try it.

Your group tactics do not matter if you dont have solid high AC character to defend and your melee just get 1-2 shot. And they do get 1-2 shot on Unfair. Going melee is death sentence when you have 3-4 enemy melee and 3-4 enemy archers shooting at you, unless you are tank.

Seriously, try playing on harder difficulty than Normal.

Desiderius

Patron

If you stopped playing Story-mode you wouldnt notice that if your offence characters who fight in melee get 1-shotted by enemy hits they cant do offence, do they.

About Fox cunning, i never used on tank. you are speaking with youself.

As I stipulated, that shot was on Hard from testing (not a full playthrough) and level 4. You don’t need a conventional tank if you play smart. His role is to charge back line, not sit around getting hit like an idiot because you don’t know how to use your Bard.

Desiderius

Patron
I can’t decide if this is InEffect’s alt or Porky’s.

You’re too stupid to disable big hitters like Porky, and too used to playing WoW to properly buff your team like InEffect that you end up playing two difficulty levels higher than anyone else and can’t believe anyone can do it without InEffect cheese.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
As I stipulated, that shot was on Hard from testing (not a full playthrough) and level 4. You don’t need a conventional tank if you play smart. His role is to charge back line, not sit around getting hit like an idiot because you don’t know how to use your Bard.

Since, unlike you, i play only on Unfair i will easy tell how those "charging back-line" ends. Aka archer does 2 arrows in turn to charging low-AC melee and kills him. And when there are 3-4 archers and also melee hitting you, even successful charging one of backliners wouldnt change a thing.

You do want to tell than you play on Unfair without high AC character? But what do i expect from retatd, who Storymodes than change difficulty for screenshots.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

You’re too stupid to disable big hitters like Porky, and too used to playing WoW to properly buff your team like InEffect that you end up playing two difficulty levels higher than anyone else and can’t believe anyone can do it without InEffect cheese.

Yes, there are so many buffs in game, only Story-mode player like you has this Secret knowledge how to read spell and ability descriptions.

Desiderius

Patron
Grenadier MC using Touch AC to Blind Soul Eaters in Switch Tomb:

grenmc12-blinding-bomb-vs-soul-eaters-jpg.14318

Can see Feyspeaker Val's Smilodon working them over in the background. Detail:

valsmilo12-vs-soul-eaters-jpg.14319

Crusader's Edge applying Sicken and doing big extra damage. Snowball from Val, Slow from Linzi. One nice thing about Blindness is that it lets summons do some damage:

summons-vs-blind-jpg.14320

Linzi is focused on upping her DC with Enchantments this run:

linzienchanter12-vs-bulette-jpg.14321

Curse is from MC Grenadier Bomb. Probably best Bomb in the game. Harrim's Touch of Chaos makes him roll twice and take the worst.

This is a negative save on Unfair:

negative-save-unfair-jpg.14322

Not something you see everyday. Here's a recipe on the Bulette map (Blood Furrows) that it is easy to miss.

easy-to-miss-recipe-bulette-map-jpg.14323

The Defaced Sister Barb Camp fight on Unfair. Got hit exactly once. No stats drained.

valsmilo12-vs-defaced-sister-jpg.14324

Here's the once. Turnabout is fair play:

valsmilo12-turnabout-jpg.14325

Fight was made for CleaveBooter. Rare appearance of Forest Knight's Bracers (looks like I forgot to cast Good Hope again)

amiri12-vs-defaced-sister-cleave-forest-knights-bracers-jpg.14326

Tristian and Linzi cleaning up after the fight is in hand:

tristian12-and-linzi12-cleaning-up-barbs-jpg.14327

All that spam from Val is Cave Fangs which does a nice job slowing everybody down and getting a lot of free AoOs.

Desiderius

Patron

Yes, there are so many buffs in game, only Story-mode player like you has this Secret knowledge how to read spell and ability descriptions.

Then why not try using them instead of sucking so bad? InEffect told me he doesn’t bother since he’s just cheesing everything with persistent effects like Stonking Cloud anyway.

Desiderius

Patron

Since, unlike you, i play only on Unfair i will easy tell how those "charging back-line" ends. Aka archer does 2 arrows in turn to charging low-AC melee and kills him. And when there are 3-4 archers and also melee hitting you, even successful charging one of backliners wouldnt change a thing.

You do want to tell than you play on Unfair without high AC character? But what do i expect from retatd, who Storymodes than change difficulty for screenshots.

Sounds like you’re kind of outing yourself there champ. When I was using Hard I just said so.

Archers are a pain which is why it’s a good idea to take Deflect Arrows early on a Monk, but even better to set up the battle in their faces so enemy melee has to move to get to yours and yours are killing them with AoOs.

Desiderius

Patron
That’s not spam, she cast it once per round. Twice total.

Can use Stone Call for similar effect.

Prep with Feather Step, Mass to own the battlefield.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's InEffect's toon. It even posted the link to InEffect's document where he describes his approach to Unfair. This document is always opened in my Firefox, by the way.

Also, casting Fox's Cunning will not help with Combat Expertise, because it is a temporary effect. To be able to choose a feat at a level up the effect should be permanent, like +4 INT crown.

But who will put it on Valerie instead of Jubilost or Octavia?..

Desiderius

Patron
Well you get spam of those sort of items around time you get your crown, so no big deal. You can use +4 Int tiara for training, then Cunning to turn it back on if you absolutely have to follow InEffect slavishly.

As I said better to let her use Greater Bull Rush (which unlocks with Power Attack instead of Expertise, an awful Feat for non-Swordlords) which is surprisingly powerful and just flat out fun. Plenty of other toons for tripping (Amiri w/ Cloak, Okbo, Jaethal)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Ok Thun and Yosh, here's a Trad Monk (Motherless Tiefling very good fit here) build with Pummeling Charge, Bully, and Pounce (so good with Monk because your enhanced speed increases Charge/Pounce range and straight Monks get Pounce nice and early at level nine):

tradTieflingbuild.jpg

Check out that unequipped, unbuffed speed! +16 Will is very good, but you really miss all the good ki-powers. Abundant Step can be nice strategically, but when you can Pounce 90 feet who needs it?

Base Monk:

MonkTiefling.jpg

Five less Will (six at lvl 20 I'd imagine) is a significant ding. Ki Power : Restoration is just such a nice convenience/slot saver, and of course all the quasi spells are very solid and fill gaps/add flexibility (Barkskin, True Strike, Spit Venom, Shout). Spit Venom for things like Big Bokken that are hard to hit otherwise, Shout for groups of foes w/ low Fortitude (like Ghosts and Hunt). Can also pick up the free Spell Resistance and Quivering Palm late.

So if you just want to Pounce around alot and assassinate casters and archers the Trad is good (can still escape as necessary with Abundant Step), while if you want something more flexible at the cost of godly Will saves go base Monk.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Chip damage:

Alch Sneaks.jpg

First Fatecrit.jpg

Another example of Crusader's Edge, this time against the Ancient Soul Eaters

Holy Force.jpg

Val's Displacer Beast:

Val's Smilodon tanking.jpg

Tanking?
Tristian AoO part 2.jpg

Staggered mobs do far less damage:
Frigid Val Pwning Big Owlbear.jpg

Nok nok soloing Unfair:
Nok Nok solo Unfair.jpg

Slow also helps:
Smilodon Tank.jpg

This is Unfair, but c'mon, still room to spare:
Abusing Evil Dragon.jpg

Same fight, with shitty companions:
Rangers laying the wood.jpg

Big Hit Tristian.jpg

Okbo ascendant

Okbo going off.jpg

Can get AC up as necessary
Big AC.jpg

Here's where effect of padding from high level Aid, False Life, Stoneskin, and Burst of Glory can be seen:

Bad Touch.jpg

Using Combat Expertise with Aldori Swordlord to cancel some of the malus:

Swordlord AC.jpg

Tough fight at fifth lvl on Unfair, but with everyone contributing damage (and controlling Champion with Cacophonus Call) it's doable.

Lvl 5 Unfair Boggart Champ.jpg

Couple hundred more like that. Not on Story mode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom