Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Technomancer

Liturgist
...or beat them fair and square around level 11-12 to feel better (still can be act 2).
How do you rush it this early? What are exact conditions to open the well? How do you grind so many enemies for the key? I heard that summoner dude's summons count as unique monsters for the key due to a bug?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't get what they were going for with the kingdom management.
It's just picking the advisor with the highest bonus just to beat a DC and wait?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's just picking the advisor with the highest bonus just to beat a DC and wait?
1. There is more to kingdom management than beating events.
2. For beating events - yes. Choose the best advisor to beat the DC.
3. However, if a player for some reason wants to rush some particular stat then the advisor can be chosen by the outcome.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
...or beat them fair and square around level 11-12 to feel better (still can be act 2).
How do you rush it this early? What are exact conditions to open the well? How do you grind so many enemies for the key? I heard that summoner dude's summons count as unique monsters for the key due to a bug?

Obviously I still cheese the entrance with Dimension Door. But it kinda seems like the devs accounted for that. In the accessible area north of the gate, there is even some debris that funnels the movement of your party and fucks the pathfinding.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Beat Dragon Snake under bridge. Tanked with Harrim and Skeletons, no one could touch his AC, but Jubliost bombs, do they bypass AC cause he was the only one who could do damage to him.

Also 55 Gold and 1 emerald wtf
:x

The journey was its own reward.
I just stealth past it and take the goodies.
:lol: I learned my lesson. No beast enemy is gonna drop any meaningful loot. They usually guard loot, not carry it.
So feel free to use Lesser Rod of Extend with Invisibility spell + Expeditious Retreat and zip around the map picking stuff up.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Don't. It will ruin your experience since you'll be chasing a lot of obsolete loot instead of enjoying it for a chapter or two as designed.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Beat Dragon Snake under bridge. Tanked with Harrim and Skeletons, no one could touch his AC, but Jubliost bombs, do they bypass AC cause he was the only one who could do damage to him.

:lol: I learned my lesson. No beast enemy is gonna drop any meaningful loot. They usually guard loot, not carry it.
So feel free to use Lesser Rod of Extend with Invisibility spell + Expeditious Retreat and zip around the map picking stuff up.
He does drop a shitton of XP, so I suggest killing.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Don't. It will ruin your experience since you'll be chasing a lot of obsolete loot instead of enjoying it for a chapter or two as designed.
I don't mind it's my second run. Would appreciate the details. Like the well can be acessed only after specific chapter right?

Delterius

Arcane
Kingdom management is about managing priorities. You got Problems, Opportunities, Long Term Projects and Rank Ups to deal with. Not every advisor can engage with every card and they can be made unavailable for months while you try to investigate a curse or a trade deal. I think the fundamentals are solid, but the rewards for good kingdom management aren't in your face. You can get some buildings somewhat more quickly, like the Teleportation Circle. And you can give your artisans more time to make their masterpieces the sooner you do your rank ups.

TBH first playthrough just save scum a lot.

Desiderius

Patron
The more time you spend ranking up advisors (I.e. the less spent traveling and resting) the earlier you get access to global immunities and bonuses and the best and most interesting items in the game (via artisans). Artisan quests also give experience. Doing well on KM makes a big difference in how well prepared you are to face the big challenges at the end of each chapter.

Desiderius

Patron

He does drop a shitton of XP, so I suggest killing.

Not a shit ton compared to the challenge.

Desiderius

Patron
So if you manage your kingdom well, you can get benefits like this:

Benefit of Good Kingdom Management.jpg

Note that Tenebrous Depths should be in a claimed region relatively early.

But the main benefit is items. If you've got KM on auto or not really paying attention to it the game will play much more blandly item-wise. There is some great item design, but most of it is gated behind the artisans.

Artisans kicking in.jpg

ArtisanItems.jpg

Double bonus for certain advisors
Double Bonus.jpg

Artisan Plate wearable by Druid
Druid Plate.jpg

Mountaineering.jpg

Phat Loot.jpg

Pre-Varnhold Items.jpg

Redeemer.jpg

Sweet Gear.jpg

Whew.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
How do you get Expert Mountaineering to appear? I got it too close to V-man for it to matter there and it pissed me off to no end.

Good question. I've been able to get it before VTomb, but not before Talon Peak. Aviary in Silverstep lets you manage your kingdom at the Tomb which is also nice.

Kingdom Management from Vordokai's Tomb.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone knows the name of the soundtrack that plays during char creation in Varnhold's lot?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Started Season of the Bloom, built one village so far, I never have enough BP to do much. When does an Artisan show up, also still don't have Nok-Nok. (Location unlocked Goblin Village.)

I think my Kingdom may fail soon, not sure. BP shortage is worrying, everything is so expensive.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Started Season of the Bloom, built one village so far, I never have enough BP to do much. When does an Artisan show up, also still don't have Nok-Nok. (Location unlocked Goblin Village.)

I think my Kingdom may fail soon, not sure. BP shortage is worrying, everything is so expensive.

You spend 95% of your dough on BP the first few chapters. Selling artisan items you aren't using becomes a decent source.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You spend 95% of your dough on BP the first few chapters. Selling artisan items you aren't using becomes a decent source.
No Artisans yet.

Desiderius

Patron
They'll show up from your second village on. You need to annex the regions first.

One thing that annoyed me about the Lonely Barrow,
is that you can't dismiss the guardians that get summoned for the Lich fight. I'm guessing it's because they show up through a script rather than a spell. I used the "pit" spells instead, but that's besides the point. I still had to vanquish them ordinarily afterwards.
Most displeasing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom