Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Kineticist blasts are not spells.

Kineticists feel like low class sorcerers but I suppose you are right. Guess the rules nazi needs to decide on both Kineticists and Alchemists.
lol kineticists can solo the game on unfair

That’s due to the completely unrivaled power of persistent AoE effects. If you’re doing that you’re basically playing a Sorc with unlimited spells.

If you play the class outside of those it is a reasonably powerful class that offers unique strengths (ideal for rest minimization if you’re going for that) and weaknesses (lack of relevant feats/equipment).

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Beat Dragon Snake under bridge. Tanked with Harrim and Skeletons, no one could touch his AC, but Jubliost bombs, do they bypass AC cause he was the only one who could do damage to him.

Also 55 Gold and 1 emerald wtf
:x

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Beat Dragon Snake under bridge. Tanked with Harrim and Skeletons, no one could touch his AC, but Jubliost bombs, do they bypass AC cause he was the only one who could do damage to him.

Also 55 Gold and 1 emerald wtf
:x

The journey was its own reward.

Desiderius

Patron
He’s guarding some treasure. Bombs target touch AC (bypassing armor). Do you know how to read your combat log?

smilodon-pounce-jpg.14072

Beat the StagLord last night on my second playthrough. What a well designed area. Great fights, major skill utilization, nice loot, a surprisingly good boss music, and C&C all over the place. Having Linzi and Octavia spam Daze saved me from the alarm being sounded in several fights.

I'm playing through this time as a LG warrior, and I can already tell that the stolen lands are going to look a bit different when I'm through. Rather than making making friends and influencing people as I did with my CN arcane trickster, things are about to get rather genocidal.

Desiderius

Patron
Beat the StagLord last night on my second playthrough. What a well designed area. Great fights, major skill utilization, nice loot, a surprisingly good boss music, and C&C all over the place. Having Linzi and Octavia spam Daze saved me from the alarm being sounded in several fights.

I'm playing through this time as a LG warrior, and I can already tell that the stolen lands are going to look a bit different when I'm through. Rather than making making friends and influencing people as I did with my CN arcane trickster, things are about to get rather genocidal.

Yes, G is for genocide these days in the eyes of our demonic devs.

Nas92

Augur
I'm on my first playthrough: Am I correct in my assumption that choosing an envoy is basically already making a decision as to who you'll side with later on in the story?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Better AI should've been a stretch goal in the WotR kickstarter.
As far as I can tell from the Alpha, it is already improved in WotR.

Amiri: Built very conventionally. Her character obviously has a political agenda behind its writing but I kind of like her anyway. Effective too, but then she's a barbarian.

Fuckin' great game! It's a shame that so many of the followers seem to be a bit social justicy. At least you can ditch the obnoxious ones and make your own though. Like I told those swingers to get to fuck. No degenerates in my party. And that metoo fighter girl? Fuck her. If I ever let her back in my party she can be camp cook.
The SJWism is less pronounced than it seems if you actually play through these characters' stories to the end. Amiri for example is a poser and a fuckup whose tribe had a point about her.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Desiderius Since you are the resident Kingmaker expert, and so far have proven to be reliable, I'll ask you - 2.0.8 or 2.1.X for my 100% playthrough? I intend to also install Call of the Wild; Favoured Class; Proper Flanking; and the Improved AI mods.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wait for the mod removing the throne room and kingdom management.

There's apparently a new mod removing the history file from the saves, looks like its cutting their size by a nice amount.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius Since you are the resident Kingmaker expert, and so far have proven to be reliable, I'll ask you - 2.0.8 or 2.1.X for my 100% playthrough? I intend to also install Call of the Wild; Favoured Class; Proper Flanking; and the Improved AI mods.

I waited five months on the original, so I'd just stick to 2.0.8 until you get the all clear. And maybe try unmodded until you get a good feel for the game. I started on normal difficulty and it was plenty challenging to start with as well. You can adjust difficulty at any time.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm on my first playthrough: Am I correct in my assumption that choosing an envoy is basically already making a decision as to who you'll side with later on in the story?

Not necessarily, but it leans you that way. I'd avoid Lander first time through.

Desiderius

Patron
koala.png
what? x 1

Mouse over lines in the Combat Log to get detils so you can seeing why everyone in your group is missing the Linnorm.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
And that metoo fighter girl? Fuck her

Yeah but she is the 2nd best npc. Can be a bard, a sylvan sorcerer, a kinetic knight, a tower shield tank that just stands in the middle taking blows, or god knows what else. And do it all effectively.

I busted all the way through the spectrum. I’m so autistic I’m normal.

Oh its a circle not a line. Got it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
So, I cleared out the Lonely Barrow and I can't open the magic door, I have no idea what between two rivers means, any hints?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

I waited five months on the original, so I'd just stick to 2.0.8 until you get the all clear. And maybe try unmodded until you get a good feel for the game. I started on normal difficulty and it was plenty challenging to start with as well. You can adjust difficulty at any time.

So the bugs on 2.1.X are this bad? Or is it the braindead AI I keep reading about?

Desiderius

Patron
So, I cleared out the Lonely Barrow and I can't open the magic door, I have no idea what between two rivers means, any hints?

It's an endgame area. You'll get more hints.

Desiderius

Patron

So the bugs on 2.1.X are this bad? Or is it the braindead AI I keep reading about?

I can't run CotW on 2.1.X as of now.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

How's the vanilla experience then? Is it worth updating to 2.1.X just for the turn-based combat, in your opinion?

Desiderius

Patron

How's the vanilla experience then? Is it worth updating to 2.1.X just for the turn-based combat, in your opinion?

I'm biased but I like the RTwP.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

In general, due to a plethora of bugs and the fact CotW exists, 2.08 is probably currently better. The game in general is designed around RtwP, including the AI and general difficulty. Some encounters (admittedly only a few of them) have scenarios/tension that only work in RtwP and become absolute snoozefest in TB. And then there is the AI issue that I elaborated several posts ago. Skip CotW if you play for the first time and just play vanilla. The game is expansive enough without mod that unless you are familiar with the PnP system, it is very likely that you are going to do quite a lot of reading to plan around build and such

The official TB mode is based on the TB Mod which should work with 2.08. If you really want to try TB in 2.08 you can use that. It doesn't have fancy UI but systematically it works with some issues on pathfinding (which is supposed to be improved on official TB based on the article regarding Official TB Mode on KS).

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It means nothing yet, it's hard to miss when it happens.
Look to the west and east of your capital. Still need to wait even if you know the location.
At some point, a well will collapse in your capital. Exploring the bottom you'll find a wand/key with some charges. Killing unique enemies in side locations depletes a charge. Once all charges are depleted, you can use it to open the magic door.

Zayne

Scholar
Alternatively, you can cheese inside using Dimension Door, kill the high-level monster there with The Heart of Ira and get all that precious +5 loot as early, as Act 2.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Alternatively, you can cheese inside using Dimension Door, kill the high-level monster there with The Heart of Ira and get all that precious +5 loot as early, as Act 2.

...or beat them fair and square around level 11-12 to feel better (still can be act 2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom