Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am doing buffing in a completely different way. I have pause on "spell casted" (or ability used or something) and just cast buffs one by one depending on which caster finished his spell. Very methodical, predictable, and exciting (for me) ritual.

Robber Baron

Savant
Cutscenes are busted now. I just finished Old Sycamore and the cutscene that happens upon leaving the area with that character talking was all weird with his monologue lines repeating several times then starting from the beginning several times.

Started playing around with the cleaner mod while in a meeting. It .. explains a lot of things, lol. 15mb of json text describing all of the dead bodies in Flintlock Grassland's alone. I have a Samsung 970 EVO SSD but even it is pegged for about 10-20 seconds loading current save so I'm going to delete a bunch of barbarian corpses and mites and shit and probably ruin my save game, R.I.P.

After some more tinkering, my experience is that it doesn't do much to change load times but it reduces save times pretty significantly. With autosave enabled, this actually happens pretty frequently during zone transitions so I think it helps a bit there if you have them enabled, although I think that some of that time is in parallel with loading the zone itself so it's not as drastic as just a raw save.

Game itself appears to only use 2GB of RAM. Naively speaking, could probably afford to be a little more aggressive with preemptive loading.

Anyways that's about the extent of my interesting fucking around with it.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Dude , i was just complanning about my game lagging and stuttering every couple second in TB mode , then i just came here to see if anyone had any problems and saw on reddit some people saying to remove/delete my save files.. And freaking worked. Now my game is running just fine. Wtf is wrong with this game code lol

Cleric of Asmodeus, does the game save the bodies if they are empty? (ie, if you have taken all loot from them)

Good question.

Short answer: I conducted an experiment and I think the answer is "mostly no." Details below. Basically, I went to Temple of Shelyn, left the zone and grabbed all the tower shields and crap upon exiting, dropped them on the overland map, returned, and it looks like 90% of the "Paladin of Shelyn <dead>" entities have been removed from the mod's listing of entities for the zone. But there are still 2 more remaining and I can't find them in the zone nor do I see any available loot in an exiting the zone window.

I suspect that if you didn't want to use the mod, but did want to purge items, you could do the following: Upon exiting a zone, take everything. As soon as you hit the overland map, drop everything you don't want. This seems to capture the majority of crud.

However, the mod adds a 'clean' button to that zone exit window that just appears to delete all of the unlooted loot in the zone if you are feeling brave and lazy.

Longer answer:
Right now, it's a little unclear, here's an experiment I just conducted:
- Went to Temple of Shelyn
- In the mod, it lists a dozen or so "Paladin|Priest of Shelyn <enabled> <dead>"
- There were about half dozen or so paladins that still had tower shields and half plate that I now looted by exiting zone
- Exited zone
- (dropped the items while on the world map to delete them and lower my encumberance)
- Re entered zone
- Mod lists less entities than before, 2 Dead Paladins and 4 or so living priests.
- I can't find the dead paladins anywhere in the zone and their loot doesn't appear on the exit zone UI.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
its being 2.5 years and they still fix bugs like that?

Several of those things were reported two years ago. I think they’ve only got a few people who actually play the game on our level and they’re very overstretched I guess. Will be interesting to see if these fixes make it into Wrath.

Trashos

Arcane
Playthrough is going great (sorry for your loss, Dishonoredbr), and I thought I would try some new things that I always wanted to try. So, at Stag Lord's Fort
I finally decided to utilize the zombies! Bring on the zombies!
Octavia with mirror image and wand of expeditious retreat teased the zombies into the fort, x3 groups of zombies. Once the zombies and the bandits saw each other she would get the hell out of there and would let them fight it out. By the time all the zombies were dead, almost the whole first line of defense of the fort was gone.

It was glorious! The problem was that at some point the alarm rang, and Akiras took position next to the Stag Lord. So I never got to recruit Akiras. I do not know if there is a way to both utilize the zombies and recruit Akiras. I will have to try it again next playthrough.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I just lost Jhod:negative:... Fuck. Not even saving Kresten then going back worked for him. F Old man, it was a good run :salute:
Was it a bug that it worked in the first place?
If so, I'll have to remember to save Jhod then. Kesten knows what he signed up for.
Yes, it was a bug that they fixed a long time ago. It's your fault, really, for not playing Lawful so you can straighten Kesten the fuck up.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I was googling portraits for Kingmaker, and I came across this, wizard portrait from the beta-version, slightly different than the release version:
21643365.6_sactx-1024x1024-BC7-Player_Wizard_Man_Portraits_Atlas-dc886ded.png

Playing Vanhold's Lot campaign since I've reached that point in my main game. I didn't really want to suspend it, but I am reminded at how Varnhold's Lot is a pretty decent stand alone campaign. I've also built an archer (pure fighter), and he's wrecking house. I won't be delayed from my main campaign for very long.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing Vanhold's Lot campaign since I've reached that point in my main game. I didn't really want to suspend it, but I am reminded at how Varnhold's Lot is a pretty decent stand alone campaign. I've also built an archer (pure fighter), and he's wrecking house. I won't be delayed from my main campaign for very long.

Did the Pal Divine Hunter precon with Bard rest of levels. That was fun but yeah a real archer is a different thing.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/640820/view/5341791515316372957

Update 2.1.5d – October 15, 2020
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• Commands that are given before a battle starts in turn-based mode, are now canceled only at the very moment the battle starts unless they have been already executed. In the previous update, the commands were canceled immediately, and only the last one was executed even if the battle did not start at all, which interfered with the use of effects during the pause. The change we implemented will also allow you to get a significant advantage in the surprise round, which goes against the rules of the board game, but we consider it acceptable at the moment.
  • Pounce failed to work in the surprise round if the character was not the first to act during this round. Resolution: fixed.
  • Attacking enemies with AoE spells failed to start a surprise round. Resolution: fixed.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

I considered a Divine Hunter, but I had done a paladin in my first play through of Varnhold's Lot. While it worked out great, I was looking for something different. It seemed more sense to build a pure archer, if I actually wanted an archer. Varnhold's Lot is pretty good for dabbling with builds in that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom