Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Delterius

Arcane
ok my fight with the ghost people + ankou ended up in a pretty epic elemental swarm blade barrier battle. Those things were adequately challenging. Lot's of enemies in a single encounter with tricksy attacks is what this game needed more of
ankous were nice because for the first time in the game it wasn't my prismatic ray cursing amiri by accident

Max Damage

Savant
I didn't use Jaethal much, but the class features/spells seem to be at least decent. Surely there're worse classes like Mystic Theurge.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well the default inquis is pointless when there is another team kit inquis and another kit which is, in some ways, a better Ranger (and Ranger in PKM is already a very good class).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dude in Discord is saying Inquisitor is the worst class in the game, I'm done
The Inquisitor is my least favorite class, so I guess I could say that it's the worst class in the game for me.

Everything I’ve learned in close to 2500 hrs seems all to be for the purpose of understanding just how busted that class is. Paizo’s ultimate middle finger to 3.5 power-gaming splashaholics. EVERYTHING scales and stacks, then they tacked on WIS to initiative, Solo Tactics, Perception/Persuasion per level, and a bunch of free Teamwork Feats to make the point unmistakable.

Did a similar thing with Bard.

Desiderius

Patron
Well the default inquis is pointless when there is another team kit inquis and another kit which is, in some ways, a better Ranger (and Ranger in PKM is already a very good class).

I thought that until I tried it, and it was about the last class I tried. Couldn’t have been more wrong. You appreciate just how good base Inq is when you look at Sanctified Slayer and think “that can’t be right” and then you look at what replaces what and think “yeah, that’s fair” for each one.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Inquisitor is my least favorite class, so I guess I could say that it's the worst class in the game for me.

Everything I’ve learned in close to 2500 hrs seems all to be for the purpose of understanding just how busted that class is. Paizo’s ultimate middle finger to 3.5 power-gaming splashaholics. EVERYTHING scales and stacks, then they tacked on WIS to initiative, Solo Tactics, Perception/Persuasion per level, and a bunch of free Teamwork Feats to make the point unmistakable.

The fact that it's busted doesn't change my feelings towards it, I simply don't find it fun to play. Probably my problems with the class stem from the fact that I really don't like the Judgment feature: I don't like how it works, what it does, and how it's described. Whenever I try to play with an Inquisitor in my party, I always find myself never wanting to use it, so when I want to play an inquisitor-type character, I usually go for a Paladin or a Cleric.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

The fact that it's busted doesn't change my feelings towards it, I simply don't find it fun to play. Probably my problems with the class stem from the fact that I really don't like the Judgment feature: I don't like how it works, what it does, and how it's described. Whenever I try to play with an Inquisitor in my party, I always find myself never wanting to use it, so when I want to play an inquisitor-type character, I usually go for a Paladin or a Cleric.

I don't like the Judgment feature either. So I play Monster Tactician. It's probably the worst archetype power level wise yet it's still bananas

Desiderius

Patron
Once you recognize that:

(a) Divine Favor/Power scales attack and damage every 3 levels

(b) It’s a Luck bonus so stacks with about anything

(c) Inq is Spontaneous so can spam them

(d) Judgements also scale and are Sacred so also stack

(e) Divine Power also gives you Speed in case you don’t have Haste up

then you start to understand what the class is about. And that doesn’t even get into Castigate, Mass or Overwhelming Prescence/Circle of Death shenanigans.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think you lose either stern gaze or wis to ini for kits?
and don't spoil me wotr :shittydog:

Tactical Leader does, and also loses Solo Tactics. Unfortunately the Teamwork Feat sharing abilities are just clunky all around.

Efe

Erudite
especially healing 1 hp/round judgement should heal you to full at the end of combat.
judgements are too scarce throughout which hampers player willingness to use it.
imo the less you use it, less you rely on it and it fades away from your arsenal.
rest of the class is very solid for all occasions.

Efe

Erudite
enjoy having your new spellbook level when you need it instead of it being delayed to second half of current chapter?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ever since getting out of the house at the end of time I'm experiencing massive slowdowns at random intervals. Very annoying. Especially happens when there's summons on screen.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius So what should Jaethal without multiclassing do on Unfair? Exactly - what?

Jae on another Devourer.jpg

Jae v Leafless.jpg

Jae13InqPerception.jpg

Jae13InqSecretDoors.jpg

Jae14InqvsHellknightsDamageTypes.jpg

Jae14Inqonarmag.jpg

Jae14Castigate, Mass.jpg

Jae14Tranformation.jpg

She's still only lvl 14 there but my main hit 16 so could cast Transformation on her for fun. She can do whatever the fuck she wants. These are all from the same part of the game because I didn't even start using her until after VTomb. Ranged wastes most of her Teamwork Feats and Solo Tactics but is less of a headache with the healing. Healing her as straight Inq isn't that big of a deal since spontaneous casters have spontaeous healing built in. I was going to drop her after Octavia got Surprise Spells but now her Perception is too valuable.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I use her with the bow of cold moon instead, but yeah. She is fine as a ranged character. (I also respecced her as the sneak attack inquisitor from CotW instead, but it got absurd pretty quickly.)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Finished it. Kind of weirded me out that I failed every single skill check on the lantern king after the final fight but was still able to get the good ending.

MVP ended up being Arcane Archer Regongar. Probably in terms of power level combining the whole game it was:

1. Arcane Archer Regongar (was fun building an archer in Pathfinder even though it basically builds itself with the limited feat selection ranged attackers. Hellfire Ray is way too OP so quickly stopped using it - I'm fairly sure you can one-shot every Lantern King form making the fight end in 4 rounds over the 4 stages - yes, even his final and fire-resistant form.)
2. Monster Tactician w. Fighter dip MC (a bit disappointed in how this plays out in practice at later levels, but obviously is really good early, and when it works in late it's hilarious with all the stacking bonuses and chain-AoOs going off. Later on summons are so-so and you end up being just a weaker Inquisitor, which, by the way, still means you're nutso.)
3. Sage Sorcerer (specializing in Necromancy) Jaethal (Wail of the Banshee was sick fun, too bad you don't get to play around with it much. It won't one-shot anything by the time you get it but it sure fucks up Mandragora swarms on teams like mine that can't abuse-kill them in any way. Having Jaethal sling them means she can do lulzy Allahu Akbar-tactics running into the middle of packs and firing it off to hit everyone. Before Wail, Finger of Death makes it easy to take out value targets - those often being the ones with low Fortitude saves, though any enemy in the game can fail a save from a super-pumped DC-bot like this - and before that, Bonebreaker works against most things.)
4. Defender of the True World Harrim (Creeping Doom MVP gg ez. No but seriously druids are amazing due to their spell list alone, how you build them doesn't really matter much. Sirocco is sick - it don't look like much but it trips, fatigues and exhausts, making managing those pesky Wild Hunt Archers much more managable.)
5. Knife Master/Vivisectionist Nok-Nok (boring shit, never building stuff like that again. Deals a shitload of damage but kind of one-dimensional to play and in contrast to Arcane Archer without any novelty too it.)
6. Hospitaler w. Thug dip Kalikke (I built her as a Hospitaler w. Selective Channel, which is a) boring and b) completely useless for anything except healing up *between* encounters, making the selective part useless. Even then she still hits like a truck just like any specialized melee character, and Cornugon Smash + Dreadful Carnage + Thug frightening is fun - even if it's hardly the optimal way to build that character - I just think there are melee builds out there with more going on. Like staff monks and such. After playing I completely understand why most people restrict Paladins to dips.)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
After playing I completely understand why most people restrict Paladins to dips.
Yeah, because they are GIANT CUCKS!

I mean yeah obviously most do it because it's OP - no news for anyone whose played P&P - but I meant that from my perspective the class just isn't super fun. It's got two things going for it: Divine Bond, which is incredible, and a spectacular spell list. Besides that it's kind of boring.

Desiderius

Patron
After playing I completely understand why most people restrict Paladins to dips.
Yeah, because they are GIANT CUCKS!

I mean yeah obviously most do it because it's OP - no news for anyone whose played P&P - but I meant that from my perspective the class just isn't super fun. It's got two things going for it: Divine Bond, which is incredible, and a spectacular spell list. Besides that it's kind of boring.

That's enough. Splash is win more + massive opportunity cost. Never splash for mere stats.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is there an ending slide decicated to hitting 10 in all kingdom stats btw? There was a quest for it, but playing without a guide on hard I "only" managed to get to 9 in Espionage and Stability and then 10 in everything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom