Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is there an ending slide decicated to hitting 10 in all kingdom stats btw? There was a quest for it, but playing without a guide on hard I "only" managed to get to 9 in Espionage and Stability and then 10 in everything else.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
After playing I completely understand why most people restrict Paladins to dips.
Yeah, because they are GIANT CUCKS!

I mean yeah obviously most do it because it's OP - no news for anyone whose played P&P - but I meant that from my perspective the class just isn't super fun. It's got two things going for it: Divine Bond, which is incredible, and a spectacular spell list. Besides that it's kind of boring.

That's enough. Splash is win more + massive opportunity cost. Never splash for mere stats.

I concur. It's not necessary at all in the game even on the hardest difficulty anyway. Just didn't find it that fun to play.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
especially healing 1 hp/round judgement should heal you to full at the end of combat.
judgements are too scarce throughout which hampers player willingness to use it.
imo the less you use it, less you rely on it and it fades away from your arsenal.
rest of the class is very solid for all occasions.

By midgame you’ve got the Headpiece so you’re to four per rest and the scaling has kicked in too so that’s when you really take off, Greater Bane lasts long enough to matter. She spikes big for the hard fights then does fine for the others then late you end up with like nine Judgements per rest (at three per including the Spell Pen one that goes up to six and also adds the same amount to Concentration checks if you want to go melee) if you do her quest right then get her back at house. Wrath has a Mythic Ability that gives you unlimited uses and it’s available in ch 1.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
After playing I completely understand why most people restrict Paladins to dips.
Yeah, because they are GIANT CUCKS!

I mean yeah obviously most do it because it's OP - no news for anyone whose played P&P - but I meant that from my perspective the class just isn't super fun. It's got two things going for it: Divine Bond, which is incredible, and a spectacular spell list. Besides that it's kind of boring.

That's enough. Splash is win more + massive opportunity cost. Never splash for mere stats.

I concur. It's not necessary at all in the game even on the hardest difficulty anyway. Just didn't find it that fun to play.

Yeah, most of what full Pal does for you is passive outside of just Smiting Evil shit. The spellbook is a trap on higher difficulties since your DCs are doomed to be weak and your Caster Level is hosed. There are some decent buffs but the unique offensive stuff is inadequately supported.

Max Damage

Savant
I have same hangups about very limited abilities per day as others said, and I don't have enough levels yet for Jaethal to enlarge herself. This honestly feels more like a class for KOTC type of turn-based play - I also often don't use Amiri's rage since squeezing out a bit more damage and accuracy for more micro isn't worth it most of time.

Desiderius

Patron
I have same hangups about very limited abilities per day as others said, and I don't have enough levels yet for Jaethal to enlarge herself. This honestly feels more like a class for KOTC type of turn-based play - I also often don't use Amiri's rage since squeezing out a bit more damage and accuracy for more micro isn't worth it most of time.

Yeah that’s how it feels around lvl five. But then before you know it those abilities end up being pretty good by mid-game and only get better from there. You can just let those companions ride the bench until their abilities snowball enough to make them viable.

I was really obsessed with keeping my resting to an absolute minimum until I got to the end of the KM content and had to hit Skip Day 237 days in row. Really once you get Teleportation Circles and Aviaries up you can relax on the hardcore time pressure and that’s also the part of the game when those classes round into shape (I’d put pure casters in that category too).

The nice thing about Rage is that is turns itself off automatically as soon as combat is over.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I was really obsessed with keeping my resting to an absolute minimum until I got to the end of the KM content and had to hit Skip Day 237 days in row. Really once you get Teleportation Circles and Aviaries up you can relax on the hardcore time pressure
In my last game I really wanted to check out Vordecai dialogue in its entirety so I had to delay arcane stat progression and teleport until I got him. This shit sux. By the time I managed to reach the portal to the end game the kingdom was in ruins since I had no time to complete some important projects before that and had to eat all the negative events.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Technomancer at the end just a few summons were enough to initiate massive laxx. And if it happened, a game restart was necessary. Must be that horribru save system.

Oh and the game's good. Yeah

But did you tap that fey?

nah mate I ain’t even. Holding that off till my Lawful Stupid play through somewhere down the line. This time I tapped both sisters... or more correctly: took them both as waifus even though I only tapped the one previously?

Yosharian

Arcane
I have zero idea how Kineticists work. Does this build for Kalikke seem decent

Recommended Distribution (28 points):
  • Str: 10
  • Dex: 16
  • Con: 19 (+2) [+5 increase = 24]
  • Int: 10
  • Wis: 14 (+2)
  • Cha: 8 (-2)
Skills: /level
  • Stealth
  • Perception
Camp role: Guard (Perception)

Feats & Abilities (*: bonus feat, italics: important ability):
L01 Kineticist 1: Point-Blank Shot, Infusion: Extended Range
L02 Kineticist 2: Wild Talent: Kinetic Healer
L03 Kineticist 3: Precise Shot, Infusion: Kinetic Blade
L04 Kineticist 4: Wild Talent: Heat Adaptation
L05 Kineticist 5: Deadly Aim, Infusion: Torrent
L06 Kineticist 6: Wild Talent: Slick
L07 Kineticist 7: Weapon Focus (Kinetic Blast), Air Element - Electric Blast
L08 Kineticist 8: Wild Talent: Celerity
L09 Kineticist 9: Dazzling Display, Infusion: Magnetic
L10 Kineticist 10: Blind-Fight*
L11 Kineticist 11: Shatter Defenses, Infusion: Synaptic
L12 Kineticist 12: Wild Talent: Kinetic Revivification
L13 Kineticist 13: Outflank, Infusion: Wall
L14 Kineticist 14: Deflect Arrows*
L15 Kineticist 15: Spell Penetration
L16 Kineticist 16: Earth Element, Wild Talent: Flesh of Stone
L17 Kineticist 17: Greater Spell Penetration, Infusion: Deadly Earth
L18 Kineticist 18: ?
L19 Kineticist 19: Improved Precise Shot
L20 Kineticist 20: ?

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
These aren't the same stats my Kalikke has. I fired up the game and you're missing 2 DEX and 2 CHA, for some reason.
Water/Electricity/Earth is suboptimal, as Electricity/Earth have no synergy. Water/Earth/Air is better, as is Water/Earth/Fire. Both give you access to Cloud, the final persistent AoE infusion. That does not mean Water/Electricity/Earth is bad, though.
Spell Penetration is completely useless for her. It works only with energy blasts, and the only energy hybrid blast is double Fire. You don't want to be throwing around single element blasts after you get access to hybrids. Hybrids deal double damage at all levels.
Outflank does not work for ranged attacks.
I hope you have someone else intimidating opponents, she will never do it on her own.
You can only have one substance infusion active with each blast. Magnetic and Synaptic are both substances, so they can't be used together. You should pick one or the other if you stick with those elements. Magnetic is better, imho.

My recommendations: Take Earth as the second element. Pick Wall at L11 and Deadly Earth at L13 (and Cloud at L17 if you changeelements). Bowling Infusion is hilarious, and by far the strongest substance if you take all appropriate feats. (Fury's Fall, Trip, Greater Trip, the latter two as Earth bonus feats). Pushing Infusion is similarly fun with the Bull Rush water feats.

Regardless of what you do, Kineticist is the easiest class to build. You really can't go wrong, unless you multiclass like a certain retard. Even with your build, unchanged, Kalikke would be among the strongest if not THE strongest damage dealers of your party. The only thing you absolutely must change are the useless feats like spell penetration and one of the two substance infusions.

Desiderius

Patron
She starts with Blade which unlike Blasts gets iteratives/haste etc...

Her attack stat is DEX if you pick up Finesse (Thug 4 isn’t bad) and Water gives good defense boosts so best build is Melee tankish. Water gives you Bull Rush Feats which work well in melee. Busted with Blade Whirlwind.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
You can’t afford to spam Composites when you first get them. Are you sure they ignore Spell Resist?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Melee build doesn't get to make the floor lava and melt enemies by stacking wall/deadly earth/cloud on the same spot, so it's not my favorite. I won't dispute it's pretty strong though.

Composite burn cost gets lowered to 0 pretty soon, with gather power. And yes, I am sure. Physical blasts hit normal armor and ignore SR. Energy blasts hit touch armor, but are subject to SR.

Desiderius

Patron
So you’d only get half damage? No, you can’t get burn down to zero unless you use Standard/Full Gather which is superclunky, as are the persistent effects since they’re not selective.Those are more for soloing.

Having access to Touch (energy only) attax is handy for tough foes midgame but yeah not worth Spell Pen.

I like Air at Seven for Celerity and Electrified Water. She does come with Deadly Aim which works well with Energy Touch Attax.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I changed the stats to make them more consistent (34 point buy on Kanerah??) and more focused in their main stat. Sometimes that means losing points overall.

Outflank DOES work for ranged attacks. No it doesn't

Using Dirge/Frightful Aspect to inflict Shaken, obviously.

Thanks for the other recommendations

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
You still have to win the CM. With ten STR that isn’t trivial. Maybe try playing the toon as designed before messing with the stats. Doesn’t make any sense to neglect her DEX so badly then blow three feats getting a situational AB improver.

Desiderius

Patron
My very first Codex post basically boiled down to “guise, guise, make Octavia an Archer because Outflank works on Ranged Attax”. Then Efe or Archangel or somebody was like “Noit doesn’t dipshit” so I tried to get a screenshot of it and sure enough it doesn’t.

Doesn’t even work with Snap Shot where it should. You do with Kinetic Blade although you don’t get AoOs like you should.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
So you’d only get half damage? No, you can’t get burn down to zero unless you use Standard/Full Gather which is superclunky, as are the persistent effects since they’re not selective.Those are more for soloing.

Having access to Touch (energy only) attax is handy for tough foes midgame but yeah not worth Spell Pen.

I like Air at Seven for Celerity and Electrified Water. She does come with Deadly Aim which works well with Energy Touch Attax.
I don't understand what you mean by "half damage". Burn costs get lower as you level up, and Gather gets stronger, so Move Gather is enough to spam hybrids after a point. And even before that, you can fire off a few every day. Persistent effects are very usable once you get good with targeting them (quick tips: Fire after the opponents are engaged with your melee line. Put the AoE right under the back of the melee enemies, with less than half of their base circle touching, it's enough if they touch a pixel of it. Or hit their ranged guys instead. Have AI off at all times so your guys won't rush off into lava after they're done with what's in front of them.) Kineticist persistent effects are especially user-friendly, since they have a limit of 1 active each. You can put them behind you as soon as the battle is over instead of waiting for them to end like other persistents.

You still have to win the CM. With ten STR that isn’t trivial. Maybe try playing the toon as designed before messing with the stats. Doesn’t make any sense to neglect her DEX so badly then blow three feats getting a situational AB improver.
Infusion keys off CON instead of STR. I agree with the rest.

I changed the stats to make them more consistent (34 point buy on Kanerah??) and more focused in their main stat. Sometimes that means losing points overall.

Outflank DOES work for ranged attacks.

Using Dirge/Frightful Aspect to inflict Shaken, obviously.

Thanks for the other recommendations

Consistency, like balance, is overrated. Good to see you acknowledge the power of the bard, you're more than halfway there on the road to supreme power. You're very welcome. And I forgot to mention, I like Improved Initiative on all my characters, and Toughness becomes pretty good for kineticists at higher levels so they can get the stat bonuses from having burn more safely.

I was kinda looking for something other than Trip abuse because I heard it's ridiculously OP
It is considered ridiculously OP only by retards who have no idea how to optimize their other characters and are playing on low-mid difficulty levels. Kineticist is baby's first strong class and many stumble into its power by accident.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom