Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
inspired rage
While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than the skald cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration
the part that blocks spellcasting is this and urban skald does not cancel that part. both skald and urban skald can cast while raging.
Dude, we're comparing PF rules with what Holic implemented.

Notice:

Holic: "cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration"

Edit: Or are you talking about vanilla Skald? Because I'm talking about "Controlled Inspired Rage" https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hy...skald-archetypes/urban-skald-skald-archetype/

d20PFSRD: "does not prevent affected allies from using Intelligence-, Dexterity-, or Charisma-based skills. This alters inspired rage.""

And ya I mistakenly assumed the spellcasting was like Bloodragers'.

Edit: I'll doubletriplecross in half an hour hold your panties

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Warpriest spell progression is slow but not spontaneous, which is rare (Sword Saints also have this).

Favored Class bonus for Human Warpriest is 1/6 Bonus Feat, which doesn’t sound like a lot but 1/6 + 1/3 = 1/2.

Human Warpriest is Fighter Featwise.

Desiderius

Patron
Putting together a team lighter on buffing and heavier on tactics, trying out TB, CotW, and Depths while building a good Dragon Disciple.

First, the Ninja:

StealthLightDazzle.jpg

With no pet Ninja Class takes over Scouting/Opening role. Mirror Image as Ninja Talent/Ki Ability helps a lot. Light Steps is Full Action unlimited teleport. Before Combat nobody cares if it's Full or Swift. Teleport in Stealthed and let rip with a Dazzling Display to open combat. Spell-likes use CHR so Intimidate is solid. You can see she also avoided that trap via teleport.

Ninja Opening.jpg

A different variation using Vanishing Trick Ki ability to get in a Flat-footed Dirty Trick.

SpitSetup.jpg

She can also do some damage. CotW tells you how many attacks you have available as you can see at the arrow. Forester sets up the boss with Spit Venom to Blind him using Touch AC to get around big Natural Armor.

SpitNinja.jpg

Ninja follows up and takes him down. Dispatchment is Ninja version of Debilitating Strike - turns on when you've got target flanked or flat-footed. On before first hit, but doesn't help whole team. Here didn't need to.

Desiderius

Patron
Couple shots of Warpriest

Preferred Warpriest.jpg

His job is to use Throwing Axes in melee range to set up the ranged teamwork Feats for the Forester and Arrowsong Minstrel. The way this works is to use the Weapon Focus you get for free to unlock Weapon Specialization the Warpriest gets since levels count as Fighter levels which unlocks Point Blank Master. Unfortunately also need to get Snap Shot which requires Rapid Shot which is a lot of Feats. Luckily Human Warpriest will hook you up. You can see I burned a Feat on Two-Weapon prematurely. He has a very nice Shield in any case. Restarting to fix a couple of those.

Warpriest Swift Buff.jpg

Swift (in Depths you get enough rest to usually have enough Fervor) Divine Favor got him the hit, Swift Sacred Weapon from last round got him the +3 on weapon to bypass the DR/Cold Iron. In TB you always want to have some Swift Actions and Warpriest hooks you up.

Desiderius

Patron
Forester (Hunter without Pet) gets bonus Teamwork Feats every third level and Bonus Combat Feats every six, so another virtual Fighter with six levels of spells tacked on. Add in Tactician ability to Share Ranged Feats and he's what we're looking for to get by without a pet (and save on all that buffing).

WiseForesterSlaying.jpg

Erastil gets you both ignoring one source of Soft Cover and WIS to AB with Weapon Focus and Hunter gets both Aspect of Falcon and Hurricane Bow with three extra levels compared to Ranger. You also start with two Animal Foci and pick up another at level 6. Favored Terrain, Favored Enemy.

Playing the Pet Class archetype that doesn't get the pet usually ends up pretty good.

razvedchiki

Magister
you can still cast under skald song, you just reject the song (there is an ability on the ui to do so).
desiderius your screens are from the main game? i saw drows and dont remember where you fight those.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, that’s the point. If you reject the song you defeat the whole purpose of bringing one. People think I’m all buff and bash but I use a lot of spell-like abilities and whole point of Dragon Disciple is to take advantage of positioning to unleash some big cones.

I’m playing Tenebrous Depths.

Desiderius

Patron
Battle Host Occultist fills a lot of gaps and plays great in TB with several swift options.

BattleHostBigFlatfootAC.jpg

Always nice having some big fat Flat-footed AC up front. Especially on an INT-based class.

PhilosophersTouch.jpg
Transmutation Implement has some very nice, unique buffs. Adamantine will be gold against Golems, as will her no-Save no-SR Control Golem spell at level 16. Good home for Dazzling Blades since Disarm and Bluff are easy for her to support with her bonus Combat Feats.

Desiderius

Patron
And finally the whole point, continuously being refined, the Dragon Disciple herself:

lvl7disciplestrength.jpg

Nunchucks were whatever, Fists are fine until Dragon Shape. Notice Burst of Adrenaline Ki ability. First level spell Invigorate is 10min/lvl and cancels downside so why not. Another ability that's get better in TB. Aspect of Wolf was from Depths Shrine, Bone Fists, Courage, Delay Poison, and Tactician are all group buffs, she cast her own Shield. Bit of Luck is Warpriest Blessing for this:

Ninjintimidateluckinititative.jpg

Setting up the Stunning Charge from the Disciple. Werewolf made save but ate the Aspect of Wolf Swift Trip powered up by Adrenaline Burst.

StunningFistFull.jpg

Holic has Stunning Fist working as a Free Action that just modifies an attack so you often just throw one on to land your iteratives.

Disciple vs Boss.jpg
Really impressive performance here against a more substantial foe. This is one of these super bosses Depths sends you that are supposed to kill you to simulate the Roguelike experience. When you start a new game after wiping you get to pick a boon and all the new inventory at the vendors shows up at that point.

In any case you can see the Dragon Disciple Bite showing up here at level 8. It's a Primary attack. Haste + Flurry + Main Attack + Iterative + Bite is five. Don't have Ferocity yet on this build so will get bigger then as STR bonus doubles.

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, looks like Holic banned me.

Thought he was mad that I was reporting Vanilla bugs (wasn't clear that that was the case in any event) so reported a couple bugs from CotW classes and, boom, banned.

Efe

Erudite
he has requirements for bug reports...probably why I would never submit one for cotw
I think I found a bug:
Please follow these rules when submitting a bug report:
1. Be as precise as possible (for example, do not write that nothing works, please explain precisely which ability/item does not work as intended and how you expect it to work).
2. Specify the your game version, mod version and a list of other mods (with versions) you are using; ensure that you have latest version of the mod, corresponding to your game version (i.e ***-2.1 for 2.1+ and normal one for 2.08).
3. Ensure that the bug is not coming from vanilla version, i.e not reproducible when using same or similar feature without cotw, or is directly related to some of the cotw feature not present in vanilla (for example don't post issues about polymorph into Giant Fly Trap, without first verifying that the same problem does not happen when using vanilla wildshape forms).
4. Verify that issue is not caused by any other mod (i.e. it it still there with ALL OTHER MODS UNINSTALLED, except the ones that are recommended in description page).
5. Carefully read mod description and all sticky posts till the end (chances are that it is not a bug but a mod feature).
6. Reread corresponding feature description (probably several times); it is possible that you did not understand it correctly or it is intentionally implemented differently from pnp (so no need to cite me pnp rules in this case).
7. Finally, provide a step by step explanation on how to replicate the bug and a save game (mod-free as in 4., in a valid state - i.e. without already broken characters/companions/npc etc; use google drive, dropbox or similar service), if it is not something that can be replicated on lvl1 character without any enemies.
The bug report will likely be ignored if these rules are not respected.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Judging by this list, the guy wants users of his mod to become full time QA analysts. I wonder whose self-esteem is low enough to follow those instructions for free.

Desiderius

Patron
The natural thing to do when dealing with someone who has already identified several bugs that you've fixed in subsequent versions is to assume that steps that are omitted are irrelevant.

But that's not how Holic-style next level autism works.

As I said the only bone of contention that he would admit was 3. and I gave in on that one and still got the axe.

Judging by this list, the guy wants users of his mod to become full time QA analysts. I wonder whose self-esteem is low enough to follow those instructions for free.

Has nothing to do with self-esteem. Guy's a genius. I want to make the mod as good as possible so more people will play it and we'll get more games like it. Reminds me of Rise and Rule (and predecessors Double Your Pleasure?) in Civ.

But yeah if he wants me to do arbitrary backflips then no not interested in that.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The natural thing to do when dealing with someone who has already identified several bugs that you've fixed in subsequent versions is to assume that steps that are omitted are irrelevant.
You are wrong. Previous reputation warrants nothing. That one time a tester forgets to make a trivial check may cost a dozen hours of looking for a bug that does not exist. So in this regard Holic is right: all bug reports should be uniform, be it the first or the 76th. It's like check lists for pilots.

Having said that, I do not see why anyone will follow those requirements for free. Only a salary and the threat of loosing it would have made me do that.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You are wrong. Previous reputation warrants nothing. That one time a tester forgets to make a trivial check may cost a dozen hours of looking for a bug that does not exist. So in this regard Holic is right: all bug reports should be uniform, be it the first or the 76th. It's like check lists for pilots.

Having said that, I do not see why anyone will follow those requirements for free. Only a salary and the threat of loosing it would have made me do that.

Name checks out. Holic spends hundreds of hours working on the mod that everyone gets to enjoy, the least you can do is follow the requirements he has for reporting bugs. Lazy bum.

Desiderius

Patron
I did to the best of my ability. He knows I playing just his mods and updated. I was unaware what information he needed that I wasn’t providing. I thought it was Vanilla vs CotW so tested that by reporting CotW bugs and that got the ban.

Efe

Erudite
his mod is great, his ego even greater.
I don't know why you revere him so much or why you try to get owlcat to hire him.

Desiderius

Patron
I revere mere competence at this point.

If we all did we might even get it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Holic spends hundreds of hours working on the mod that everyone gets to enjoy
It is enough to have only one contradictory fact to refute a universal quantification. I neither enjoy nor install this mod; ergo, not "everyone", but "someone gets to enjoy the mod".

I have no questions to those someones. People enjoy lots of different things. Apparently, some people enjoy following - for free - very strict requirements that might earn 27 USD per hour in other conditions.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I've read that the dungeons are pretty boring with nothing to explore there, just killing mobs and bosses. Is it true or no? Am I going to like this game if I liked for example Pillars of Eternity?

Desiderius

Patron
Are you getting game mixed up with the DLC? The in game dungeons have all kinds of things going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom