Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wow! I've never heard of this mod before! Thank you for bringing it to our attention, Atleticano! It looks like a good mod! You should try it ;)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
what do you think about this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/112

"This mod adds Antipaladin, Arcanist, Brawler, Hunter, Occultist, Oracle, Witch, Skald, Warpriest, Bloodrager, Shaman, Investigator, Summoner, Psychic, Spiritualist, Hinterlander, Dawnflower Anchorite, and Holy Vindicator classes, and lots of new feats, spells and other class abilities."

Why don’t you try it out for us and let us know how it goes. Make sure to give the creator plenty of good feedback, heard he’s a real people person.

vibehunter

Learned
Looking to get into this game, but my tiny caveman brain shut down upon witnessing the character creator. Any good, digestible noob guides you guys recommend that I can read to learn the ruleset and everything?

Desiderius

Patron
Looking to get into this game, but my tiny caveman brain shut down upon witnessing the character creator. Any good, digestible noob guides you guys recommend that I can read to learn the ruleset and everything?

Turns out one of the big things that Pathfinder tried to do was to make single-classing viable so you have lots of abilities that scale with level and whatnot that makes just playing the autoleveled companions pretty good (maybe play a pet class for main first time through) then as you get a feel for it you'll come up with ideas of how you want to tweak things on your own.

vibehunter

Learned

Turns out one of the big things that Pathfinder tried to do was to make single-classing viable so you have lots of abilities that scale with level and whatnot that makes just playing the autoleveled companions pretty good (maybe play a pet class for main first time through) then as you get a feel for it you'll come up with ideas of how you want to tweak things on your own.

That's great. I'd certainly prefer to jump right in and learn as I go with something basic. Just wasn't sure that was the right approach with this game.

As far as difficulty level, is standard Normal a good starting point? For context I only have experience with BG1/2 on Core Rules as far as CRPGs go.

Desiderius

Patron
You can start on Easy then kick it up if it gets boring. Game is hardest at the beginning so no dishonor in that. Make sure and use the Bard - she can sing and attack/cast at the same time.

Yosharian

Arcane
I don't know if my steam page is exactly that but you can see a lot of builds on it and that might help you a bit. (Team B is under construction right now so don't look too closely at that part.)

Check my sig for the link

vibehunter

Learned
I don't know if my steam page is exactly that but you can see a lot of builds on it and that might help you a bit. (Team B is under construction right now so don't look too closely at that part.)

Very helpful, thanks. The only problem I foresee is that I have no idea what all those items are or where to find them, unless I read the spoiler tags.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean those are fun to compare notes once you have a playthrough or two under your belt. You won’t be hopeless just playing the classes, in fact you’ll be ahead of many of those who’d look down their noses at you.

Yosharian

Arcane

Very helpful, thanks. The only problem I foresee is that I have no idea what all those items are or where to find them, unless I read the spoiler tags.
Don't worry about that, the item suggestions are meant to give an idea of how the builds fit into the game's item meta. They aren't too important for someone playing through the game for the first time.

Also the spoiler tags are for people who want to play blind, they don't give away much, if any story information. Rather it's things like which artisan makes the item, or in which chapter the item drops and in what location.

vibehunter

Learned
I mean those are fun to compare notes once you have a playthrough or two under your belt. You won’t be hopeless just playing the classes, in fact you’ll be ahead of many of those who’d look down their noses at you.

Playing it now as a vanilla Fighter and it's been comfy so far (just on easy though).

Don't worry about that, the item suggestions are meant to give an idea of how the builds fit into the game's item meta. They aren't too important for someone playing through the game for the first time.

Also the spoiler tags are for people who want to play blind, they don't give away much, if any story information. Rather it's things like which artisan makes the item, or in which chapter the item drops and in what location.

I see. I'll peruse the guide and see what looks fun. I have no qualms about starting over fresh partway through.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's been a while since I've played this, but I want to give it another go now that they've added in turn based mode. Apologies if this has been answered recently, but is the turn base implementation good? Or does it feel tacked on?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Someone knows what's the deal with the Ki power - True Strike with the Zen Archer? It's a standard action that states one can shoot a concealed / partly concealed enemy with a significant buff to one shot. Before the turn ends... Ok, but it's a standard action! One actually cannot use an attack after that! ...it would really seem rather strange to have this as an innate ability of a class considering one would need to supplement it with a higher tier spell or an external ability for it to even work. What am I missing here?

Efe

Erudite
like true strike it shoudl last 6 seconds, which is enough time to fire 1 attack.
is it not working like that?

Desiderius

Patron
It’s pretty bad (unless you use it to land a Combat Maneuver - Lann’s stats are pretty good for that and he starts with Combat Reflexes so that is something to build toward) for just one shot.

Strength of ZA (and ranged combat in general) is quantity, not quality. Use Ranging Shots Mythic ability to help those land.

Desiderius

Patron
You can play ZA in P:K thx to our good friend Holic.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
like true strike it shoudl last 6 seconds, which is enough time to fire 1 attack.
is it not working like that?
Sorry, my bad. It says "...if the attack is made until the end of the next round." The wording is there. Though I'd say it's not doing anything very good as stated by Desiderius as well because:
1) Zen archer's five attacks per round are gone, only one attack and an end.
2) The Improved Precise Shot lowers the concealment down one level anyway, and as a passive it's "on" all the time. I've not yet achieved the Mythic Shot, so idk about that.

Efe

Erudite
are you sure your other 5 attacks get lost?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom