Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It was so boring I didn't bother finishing it. Since it's hardly referenced in MoTB as in itself is just a vanilla DnD adventure it can be safely skipped.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Neverwinter Nights 2 features one of my favorite rulesets from this genre. If coming up with different character builds then replaying the game with those builds doesn't sound fun; then sure, pass on it. Otherwise, by all means. Indulge.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, the ruleset is good. But somehow, the game is not very fun. Looks drab, has bare-bones animations, terrible camera. Somehow NWN1 was much more entertaining. Particularly with mods & modules. And PWs.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, the ruleset is good. But somehow, the game is not very fun. Looks drab, has bare-bones animations, terrible camera. Somehow NWN1 was much more entertaining. Particularly with mods & modules. And PWs.

I disagree. You can after a lot of configuration, make the camera more akin to nwn1.

What is really bad on nwn2 is the nerfs in his spells. I had no fun on my first run of vanilla NWN2 OC. Finished but din't get much fun. When Installed the glorious spell fixes, cranked hundreds of hours on it. I wish that pillars was so moddable as nwn2. I an pretty sure that people would mod the infinity engine spells into pillars of eternity game. And the attributes of IE, and everything else too.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I an pretty sure that people would mod the infinity engine spells into pillars of eternity game. And the attributes of IE, and everything else too.
So Pillars could become another D&D, far from Sawyer's vision of the game. While I understand this motivation, it makes me think that denuvo has its uses.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
You are both right. And I'd add the NWN2 felt much more a MMO then anything. Including the sad omiting the exploration and quests / situations outcome branching.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
are you sure your other 5 attacks get lost?
Apologies. truth is only the 5 attacks from the round when True Strike is activated are "lost". The other round, while also using one swift and one free action (both drawing from the Ki Pool) all five attacks are made. First of them having the benefit of the True Strike.

I still wouldn't say it's worth "wasting" a feat over the Improved Precise Shot, but it's not that bad actually. While this still takes away the 5 attacks, one can still have a sure-to-hit attack the next round expanded to actually two hits if used with the Manyshot feat passive. Considering the Zen Archer with the buffed strenght using a composite bow is one of the highest and most precise DPS in my party (12th level, around 60-100 dmg per round without a critical).

This leads me to believe I must've activated more then two swift actions per round back then. Or something like that. The Kill Pool abilities are wildly different - some standard, some swift, some free :D :D

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So Pillars could become another D&D, far from Sawyer's vision of the game. While I understand this motivation, it makes me think that denuvo has its uses.

Which would be a massive :incline

The solution to the (non) problems of infinity engine games that he tough is always worse than the (non) problem itself. And I said "IF" pillars was easily moddable as nwn2. nwn2 is so easily moddable that I can give it to a first year college student which had learned only the basics of programming and he can recompile a spell do work in a completely different way. I myself readed the source code of some spells due curiosity. And the code comes with comments making reading even easier. Also did some changes only to have fun but never published any nwn2 mod. I love magic so much and wanna know how this spells works in the game.

Also wish that mode games had did it too.

But why you are so against modding? Genres like MOBA only exists thanks to modding(and I don't like) and the main appeal of Aurora engine is to be easily moddable and having player created content. Even BUGTHesda is using mods to make money.

Max Damage

Savant
Sounds like another case of "muh developer's artistic vision" brain damage, don't bother. He's the kind of guy who would scold his kids for playing with legos wrong way :roll:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
So people should not improve a game just because its retarded creator had a retarded vision?
"You are both right" (C).

But I myself see the diference between sandboxes of Bethesda and an attempt to impose his creative vision on the players from Josh Sawyer. The life of the former is supported by mods, and will be supported for a long time; for the latter IMHO it's better to fail if the vision is retarded than to be transformed into something different, so that the creator does not learn his lesson.

In this regard Kingmaker is neither one nor the other; and they promised to support mods for Wrath, so this point will be moot.

who would scold his kids
Yes, putting humans in boilinig water clears their mind and strengthens their spirit.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
But I myself see the diference between sandboxes of Bethesda and an attempt to impose his creative vision on the players from Josh Sawyer. The life of the former is supported by mods, and will be supported for a long time; for the latter IMHO it's better to fail if the vision is retarded than to be transformed into something different, so that the creator does not learn his lesson.
Why do you care what the creator thinks? It has no bearing whatsoever on one's enjoyment. And even if you do care, Sawyer knows he failed. He admitted it himself. All a mod would do is rub salt in his wound by showing him how it could be done better if he wasn't such an autistic retard. Shouldn't this be something you want?

Max Damage

Savant
From what I've read of Sawyer's posts, he won't learn or just pretend being clueless regardless because he does not like or understand what people liked about Infinity Engine cRPGs. Giving Bethesda a pass while arguing for purity of Sawyer's failure is hysterical and more clueless that anything maestro himself ever done, not that getting your panties in a twist because people enjoy their games different way isn't autistic in first place, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom